Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2022, 13:20   #1171
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Hard to believe that the Toyota UC Hyryder price reveal is happening today. There is no buzz and even the Toyota Twitter handle is barren.
Same thought. No major publication that reported it earlier is talking about it now. Toyota is mum as well. Even SA left me on blue ticks when I asked about launch. The wait for the prices (and even a viewing of the car!) continues

Is it just me or are others who have booked this car also frustrated at the lack of transparency at this point?

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 16th August 2022 at 13:22.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 13:26   #1172
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Same thought. No major publication that reported it earlier is talking about it now. Toyota is mum as well. Even SA left me on blue ticks when I asked about launch. The wait for the prices continues

Is it just me or are others who have booked this car also frustrated at the lack of transparency at this point?
We are in same boat. Really frustrated and also disappointed by the latest media test drive report of Grand Vitara. Too much delay for this pair of cars which were not even built up to the mark. I have booked the Strong Hybrid top variant in both the cars. I liked the looks of Hyryder and might go with it, if priced in my budget.
Old 16th August 2022, 13:57   #1173
BHPian

Finally the fake tamasha is closed on TOI.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot_20220816135652_chrome.jpg  

ajayc123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 14:00   #1174
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Same thought. No major publication that reported it earlier is talking about it now. Toyota is mum as well. Even SA left me on blue ticks when I asked about launch. The wait for the prices (and even a viewing of the car!) continues

Same here, no straight answers from the dealership. I have booked G varient of Strong Hybrid. Even had to remind the SA to send the booking details. No confirmation received directy from Toyota. Is this how it's supposed to be? A friend booked MG Hector and he got a confirmation email from MG.

Atleast MSIL shared the car display schedule on their website, Toyota failed to do that as well.
SDx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 14:01   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
Imagine them covering the basic tech specs again and not reveal the price.
I wouldn't expect something like this from Toyota but it's funny to think. This clip from The Office came in my mind
https://Youtu.be/tmHvnhEFUwU
Dayummm. They did exactly this
Old 16th August 2022, 14:06   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDx View Post
Same here, no straight answers from the dealership. I have booked G varient of Strong Hybrid. Even had to remind the SA to send the booking details. No confirmation received directy from Toyota. Is this how it's supposed to be? A friend booked MG Hector and he got a confirmation email from MG.

Atleast MSIL shared the car display schedule on their website, Toyota failed to do that as well.
Ditto.

My post-booking experience from Maruti has been exceptionally better than Toyota.

Hyryder (Toyota):
  1. I had to call the sales exec and tell him the booking was made
  2. Sales exec did not really know what variant I have booked + colour
  3. No email confirmation from Ravindu Toyota about the booking
  4. It has been radio silence since I last asked about price and test drives
  5. RM leaves me on blue ticks when I ask about price, display car and test drives. At least reply!

Grand Vitara (Maruti):
  1. Called the next morning with a confirmation about the booking
  2. Called again 24 hours later saying I will receive an Email with confirmation on the variant booked
  3. RM was assigned and I was added to a WhatsApp group (specific to me) with a few people from the showroom
  4. RM called with details of the car's display schedule and kept following up until I saw the car
ashwin.terminat is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 15:10   #1177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ditto.

My post-booking experience from Maruti has been exceptionally better than Toyota.
I guess it's the same in Gurgaon too. Hyryder and Vitara, both have been booked. There is no information from dealer regarding anything about Hyryder. Thankfully they did send the booking receipt. On the other hand, Maruti sent the SOB number the next day of booking and a mail from dealer says tentative delivery date is end October. The RM constantly updated about places where the car would be available for a look, nothing like that from Toyota. The SA of Toyota doesn't even bother to call back or reply to a message, as if they've obliged us with the booking.
Old 16th August 2022, 15:15   #1178
BHPian

Quote:

Same here. So much so that I am contemplating cancelling my Toyota's booking. The SA didn't even inform me of my booking details and the car's availability for display till I inquired. Nexa on the other hand was very eager and my SA is keeping me updated on every step. The Nexa SA was well informed about the car as against the Toyota's SA when I went to check the respective cars.
Old 16th August 2022, 15:18   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
Imagine them covering the basic tech specs again and not reveal the price.
I wouldn't expect something like this from Toyota but it's funny to think. This clip from The Office came in my mind
https://Youtu.be/tmHvnhEFUwU
Toyota left everyone high and dry, wanting for more.
”Thats what she said!”
Old 16th August 2022, 15:56   #1180
BHPian

What a piece of hogwash! Had been waiting for the price announcement since morning! (Does anybody think the Times of India was paid off to do this?) This subterfuge on the part of toyota/maruti is leaving a bad taste in the mouth. My personal conjecture is that they are racking their brains regarding the price. There can be hardly any other reason for these shenanigans.

I think they had set the price but thought of testing the waters with the unveil by withholding the prices. Now they see the sizeable number of bookings and are facing the conundrum as to whether to milk it by jacking up the price but risk failure to break up the creta/seltos stranglehold on the segment. Its petty and cheap on the part of the companies thats for sure. They are certainly cooking up something and I dont like the odour emanating from it.
Old 16th August 2022, 16:52   #1181
BHPian

Do we have data for HyRyder bookings? There was a report by volkman10 that Grand Vitara had 33k bookings. That is quite weak (about half of Brezza).

Link (2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open)

If Scorpio-N can get 1 lakh bookings in 30 minutes, 33k is quite low. My sense is they are under pricing pressure as the strong hybrid is the core of their future strategy. Let's see.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 16th August 2022 at 17:07.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 17:17   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
If Scorpio-N can get 1 lakh bookings in 30 minutes, 33k for the Grand Vitara is quite low.
Not the same situation.

When the Scorpio-N was launched, the following happened:
  1. Prices were also announced at the same time
  2. Cars were available in showrooms across the country for display within a week
  3. Test drives were opened up within 2 weeks of the launch
  4. Delivery timelines were clearly communicated
With the Grand Vitara and the Hyryder, only (2) has happened (albeit partially). People are a lot more apprehensive to place a booking with such levels of uncertainty. Moreover, Scorpio-N bookings are also bloated by their dealers. So we cannot compare the two booking numbers.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 16th August 2022 at 17:31.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 18:03   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
If Scorpio-N can get 1 lakh bookings in 30 minutes, 33k is quite low. My sense is they are under pricing pressure as the strong hybrid is the core of their future strategy. Let's see.
Well the "xx thousand/lakh bookings in xx minutes/hours" is only observed with Mahindra cars! For others, things are still pretty normal. IIRC, Kia had announced around 7k bookings in first day for the Carens, Maruti reported around 4500 for the Brezza and even Tata reported similar numbers for the Punch.

Hence no, the booking numbers for the XUV7OO and Scorpio-N cannot be compared to those of other manufacturers as these abysmal numbers are restricted to Mahindra only! Only comparison can be made with others like Hyundai-Kia etc.

Also, 33k for the Grand Vitara in one month is not bad to be honest. E.g. Hyundai had also reported similar numbers for the Venue and that car averages 10k+ for the past two months.

Last edited by theAutomaniac : 16th August 2022 at 18:06.
theAutomaniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 19:40   #1184
BHPian

This has been disappointing from Toyota. How hard is it to declare the price and availability.
nomad47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 21:19   #1185
RRU
BHPian

Quite disappointing from Toyota - these evasive teasers or delay tactics in revealing details that matter to interested people are not going to help anyway...the market is quite competitive and wresting share from entrenched players is going to be tough.

While Mahindra's booking figures are definitely eye catching, it is surprising to see the sales figure for H1, 2022 showing XUV700 at the bottom of top 20. They need to convert their bookings to delivery...Old Bolero does better though.

https://www.v3cars.com/news/june-202...-cars-6-months

Also, initial bookings (0-45 days) of New Brezza and Grand Vitara are not bad - good actually.

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/ov...-so-far-53334/

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...ained/2619688/

Hope Toyota's HY time does not fizzle out!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks