Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2022, 09:56   #1186
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

I have cancelled my booking for the Hyryder. Toyota and Suzuki have lost the plot as the buzz created at launch is dead. I am sure a lot of people who were waiting for the car are disappointed and those with priority are looking else where.
Palio_2005 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 10:06   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I have cancelled my booking for the Hyryder. Toyota and Suzuki have lost the plot as the buzz created at launch is dead. I am sure a lot of people who were waiting for the car are disappointed and those with priority are looking else where.
I think we have to vote with our wallets for this kind of practices by automobile manufacturers. Launch a vehicle without pricing and start to take bookings. And then if people ask for ETA, they say - "it's a Maruti/Toyota. It'll take time". With people reacting against such practices, manufacturers will stop doing this unethical practice!
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 10:50   #1188

Looks like Toyota India is updating it's website as we can't see prices of any model. Moreover Google search Ad displays EMI of ₹5699

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-2.jpeg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-1.jpeg
nikhil.sikka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 11:40   #1189
BHPian

I can still see prices of all Toyota cars, and HyRyder as Not Available. You may want to check another browser/device

Last edited by Aditya : 18th August 2022 at 05:05. Reason: Typo
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 11:52   #1190
Distinguished - BHPian

Update;

Deliveries for the Hyryder will only begin after 2nd half of next month i.e. around 3rd week of Sept. 2022.

karan561 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 11:57   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Update;

Deliveries for the Hyryder will only begin after 2nd half of next month i.e. around 3rd week of Sept. 2022.

Any idea when the prices will be announced? ~50 days since their "unveil" and Toyota are still sleeping on the price announcement. Not to mention cars not in showrooms for display and no test drives yet!
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 12:20   #1192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Any idea when the prices will be announced? ~50 days since their "unveil" and Toyota are still sleeping on the price announcement. Not to mention cars not in showrooms for display and no test drives yet!
I personally feel the way the Automotive price announcements have happened lately, the prices will only be revealed post the press drives are complete
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 13:01   #1193
Distinguished - BHPian

A Toyota dealer told me HyRyder launch is slated for this month end.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 21:20   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
I personally feel the way the Automotive price announcements have happened lately, the prices will only be revealed post the press drives are complete
Have the dates for press drives been published?

Feeling like a cat in the phrase:
"Anxiety killed the cat"
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 13:33   #1195
BHPian

With the Toyota-Suzuki shenanigans around the car launch and price reveal, there's one car that's emerging as a viable alternative - MG Astor. ADAS + category best interiors. It's bigger than Creta, Seltos and cheaper. Only drawback feature wise is lack of ventilated seats and just about ok quality of the 360 degree camera. If one were to overlook the Chinese connection and the crossover-ish looks then it's a solid option for anyone tired of Toyota-Suzuki beating around the bush.
yashg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 10:28   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
With the Toyota-Suzuki shenanigans around the car launch and price reveal, there's one car that's emerging as a viable alternative - MG Astor. ADAS + category best interiors. It's bigger than Creta, Seltos and cheaper. Only drawback feature wise is lack of ventilated seats and just about ok quality of the 360 degree camera. If one were to overlook the Chinese connection and the crossover-ish looks then it's a solid option for anyone tired of Toyota-Suzuki beating around the bush.
My friend owns Astor and it suffers from a shoddy mileage.This point alone may drive a lot of people away from Astor and they may unfortunately accept shenanigans from Toyota/Maruti.
smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 10:33   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
My friend owns Astor and it suffers from a shoddy mileage.This point alone may drive a lot of people away from Astor and they may unfortunately accept shenanigans from Toyota/Maruti.
I test drove the Astor last year and was left with a very meh feeling. Even the turbo-petrol seemed very docile and the rear bench didn't seem comfortable in terms of seating angle and passengers seemed to bobble more than expected over undulations on the road.

That said, my Toyota dealer still seems lost. They called me yesterday (probably in response to my Email to their customer care). They told me the car will be on display in the 2nd week of September and test drives at the end of September. They had no idea about prices. But karan561's post contradicts them (and I would take his word over theirs!):

Quote:
Update;

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 19th August 2022 at 10:39.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 10:38   #1198
BHPian

Hybrids were launched 25 years back, but unfortunately not as a mainstream option in India. Now that I am seeing an option, I think I am done with my last pure ICE, at least in my mind. Just patiently waiting for real life feedback to emerge and the novelty factor to wear out over the next 1 or 2 years before taking the plunge.
Old 19th August 2022, 12:12   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
They told me the car will be on display in the 2nd week of September and test drives at the end of September. They had no idea about prices. But karan561's post contradicts them (and I would take his word over theirs!):
Grand Vitara is supposed to enter into production by end of this month and delivery is supposed to start by end of September. We can expect similar timeline for the Hyryder. As per Maruti, price will be revealed just before production starts, so we may expect some clarity by end of August I suppose
Old 19th August 2022, 13:22   #1200
BHPian

I had a word with the sales advisor and he said he has no clue when the pricing will be announced. He doesnt even know when the car would be available for test drives.

They created such a hype and now its just vanished. Weird marketing strategy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed