Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2022, 17:13   #556
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Ok,

So the final news for the Hyryder is as follows:

1. This Car is not a replacement of Urban Cruiser. Period. Its a Creta Competitor and not a Sub 4 Meter SUV.
2. Urban Cruiser may not get a facelift in the near future.
3. The Hyryder will come with an ICE Engine and also a Self Charging Hybrid Engine (SHEV).
4. There will not be any diesel variant.
5. The difference in price between the ICE and SHEV engine can be comparable to the traditional difference between the Petrol and Diesel Engines.
6. Expect starting price from 10.5 Lacs Onwards (ICE Engine) (Prices would be revealed later)
7. Expect Fuel Efficiency of more than 22 KMPL with SHEV.
8. The bookings will commence from 1st week of July 2022.
9. Expect deliveries before the beginning of festive season this year. (Could not get clear information on this one)

I think it's a good move by Toyota. They want to mass produce hybrid cars and they will have to benchmark it against Diesel engines so that one understands the value preposition of it.
Accelerati is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 17:19   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Will Toyota live to its promise of "Hum Hai Affordable", from its latest campaign ?

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th June 2022 at 17:20.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 17:21   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerati View Post
Ok,

=====
I think it's a good move by Toyota. They want to mass produce hybrid cars and they will have to benchmark it against Diesel engines so that one understands the value preposition of it.
Well summarized, the only thing is I am contemplating toyota to launch hybrid version only with pricing between 15 to 20 lakhs as dealers are quoting that price band and not 10 lakhs one

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Will Toyota live to its promise of "Hum Hai Affordable", from its latest campaign ?

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=b-0D...el=ToyotaIndia
This confirms that there will be more than one hybrid variant on sale

Last edited by Eddy : 30th June 2022 at 17:55. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Old 30th June 2022, 17:26   #559
BHPian

Quote:
I think Toyota being Toyota, they mean affordable running costs not purchase cost
Stolidus500 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 17:55   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
What I see:

1. No request sensor on the passenger side (27s)
2. ̶N̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶n̶a̶r̶o̶m̶i̶c̶ ̶s̶u̶n̶r̶o̶o̶f̶ ̶ (32s) (EDIT: it looks like a sedan (Camry?)! So probably a decoy)
3. Auto-dimming IRVM (33s)
4. No ADAS (do not see the ADAS sensor on the windshield)
5. No 360 camera mount on the ORVM (38s) (although, this was visible in the other picture that spoke about AWD)

Attachment 2327497

(5) in particular leads me to believe they might have a barebones-ish version of the strong hybrid as well.
I am sure the vehicle in this campaign is not hyryder but camry
Old 30th June 2022, 17:57   #561
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=b-0D...el=ToyotaIndia
This looks like Toyota Camry?
CrossLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 17:59   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerati View Post
Ok,

6. Expect starting price from 10.5 Lacs Onwards (ICE Engine) (Prices would be revealed later)
Got a call from Wasan Toyota as I had enquired for Hyrider. Most of the features / details are discussed on this thread. One relevant info he shared was ex-showroom price of Rs.18 - 20 Lac. He clearly stated that prices are not confirmed, but I'm not surprised. I'm interested and have done advance booking (Rs.25 k) today. Wish Toyota prices this vehicle taking into account features available and competition.
MiKeMo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 18:25   #563
BHPian

Going by the leaked pictures and specs, it looks like what we Indians are going to get is the Yaris cross, with modified exterior to suit Indian tastes.

It is currently on sale in other countries. Mileage stated is between 22 and 25kpl, and also has an AWD variant which uses an electric motor on the rear axle. 1.5L Hybrid engine is good for 115bhp and 120Nm only though. Dimensions are closer to the first gen Creta only.

https://www.toyota.com.au/yaris-cross

If Toyota has to price this within 20L in India and still extract any profit, this looks like the ideal candidate.
TT-S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 18:32   #564
BHPian

Quote:
What I see:
====
(5) in particular leads me to believe they might have a barebones-ish version of the strong hybrid as well.
The whole video shows a Camry, none of which shows a Hyryder.
Old 30th June 2022, 18:35   #565
BHPian

Wasan Toyota, Nashik demands ₹1,00,000 via cheque for booking the Hyryder. This will be unofficial dibs on the car. I have very little doubt about how great this product will be and I bet the dealer doesn't want me to have even a sneak peek at other cars during this period hence this insane booking amount.

Tomorrow is the D-Day. Hyryder does seem like a game-changer and I think I'll go with it. It will be the perfect peer for our C-Class from the current lot of sub-compact SUVs. Enlighten me dear BHPians with you words of wisdom. Should I lock in or there is something better to choose?
Old 30th June 2022, 18:46   #566

Greeting fellow bhpians

Just got the message below on WhatsApp from a genuine source.

Greetings from Toyota!
It’s HY time for an unveil !!!
The wait is over, TOYOTA’s BIG LAUNCH

Log on to the below YouTube link to witness the virtual launch event!
YouTube Invite Link-
Join us as we unveil a brand-new Self-Charging Hybrid Electric SUV. We’re excited to bring the advanced SUV to you.
dare2travel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 19:08   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I see:
5. No 360 camera mount on the ORVM (38s) (although, this was visible in the other picture that spoke about AWD)
Everything except 0:38 looks like the Camry. The mirror at 0:38 doesn't match the Camry, probably some other Toyota model from another market.
Old 30th June 2022, 19:30   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Everything except 0:38 looks like the Camry. The mirror at 0:38 doesn't match the Camry, probably some other Toyota model from another market.
That is precisely Camry's mirror.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-hum-hai-affordable.-humhaihybrid-038-screenshot.png

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-1656597520988.jpg

Name:  1656597510967.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  106.5 KB
Astargea is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 20:42   #569
BHPian

Talked to a dealer in Pune. He said ₹21,000 is the booking amount for Hyryder and tomorrow is a virtual launch in showroom. Car is expected to reach showroom by 6/7 July.
The car isn't a urban cruiser facelift and is a proper creta rival.
He said expected price is 20-25 lacs On road.
Not sure how credible his claim is.
Old 30th June 2022, 21:01   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-S View Post
Going by the leaked pictures and specs, it looks like what we Indians are going to get is the Yaris cross, with modified exterior to suit Indian tastes.

It is currently on sale in other countries. Mileage stated is between 22 and 25kpl, and also has an AWD variant which uses an electric motor on the rear axle. 1.5L Hybrid engine is good for 115bhp and 120Nm only though. Dimensions are closer to the first gen Creta only.

https://www.toyota.com.au/yaris-cross

If Toyota has to price this within 20L in India and still extract any profit, this looks like the ideal candidate.
Looks like that. The tail light on the bumper is also similar to what we have seen in spy pics if they are same. But length at 4180 mm doesnt seem much. Cargo capacity also looks limited. Maybe has good passenger volume.

Last edited by PreludeSH : 30th June 2022 at 21:03.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks