Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2022, 17:16   #721
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
NA being 14kmpl is very optimistic in my opinion. XL6 owners are reporting south of 11kmpl. So even assuming 10kmpl, that is a difference of ₹5/km.

So for 500km/month, that is Rs.30,000/year and if there is a premium of 2L, that's ~7 years of ownership
My assumption was that it should be the same NA car, ie HYrider under similar driving conditions (blend of city and highway).

But, your calculation is equally valid with your assumptions.

My example was based 30-40% fuel efficiency gain as called out by Toyota in the launch ceremony, whereas your example would require about 100% gain in fuel efficiency.

When spending money, my thinking is:
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, so I would go with a conservative approach.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 1st July 2022 at 17:26.
Old 1st July 2022, 17:19   #722
MMV
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

The product looks interesting, needless to say pricing is key for this crowded C segment SUV/UV in Indian market. Hope that Toyota will get it right.

As a purist, feel this is not an original Toyota car. Platform is of Suzuki and only strong hybrid engine is from Toyota. Its also interesting that none of Toyota SUVs in India (sub 50lac) has a sunroof and this car has a gigantic sunroof! (Thanks to Suzuki)
Old 1st July 2022, 17:22   #723

Hi All, need some help. I was booking the car online but just after I made the payment the site crashed. Even though I have received an email saying booking confirmed and with the booking ref and payment id, is there anything to worry?
I am in contact with my selected dealer but he is saying it might take upto 3 days for the booking to flow to him.
anand_agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 17:45   #724
BHPian

The sunroof slider looks really thin and lets a lot of light in. I hope it doesnt heat up the car in our summers.
Name:  Screenshot 20220701 174215.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  27.3 KB

Adding boot images and spare wheel image.
Boot space as previously seen in the Honda City eHev is compromised because of the battery. Spare wheel goes underneath the car.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot-20220701-175658.jpg
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot-20220701-175713.jpg

Last edited by Mumbaiker : 1st July 2022 at 18:00.
Mumbaiker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 18:08   #725
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me? The Hyryder looked real cool when teased in bits and pieces, but now after seeing the full car video, the sheen seems to be gone. The car looks too small for a 20+ price tag (individual perception), may be they chose the wrong color for the promo.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 18:09   #726
Senior - BHPian

From first look videos online, it looks like taller folk will find headroom in short supply in the rear bench of this car. 5'8" presenter from Autocar had about 3-4 inches to the roof and a 6' bloke from another publication had no space at all. His hair was brushing against the roof. For a CSUV, didn't really expect something like this to be a problem!

Now awaiting a test drive to finally decide between the XUV/Hyryder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Is it just me? The Hyryder looked real cool when teased in bits and pieces, but now after seeing the full car video, the sheen seems to be gone. The car looks too small for a 20+ price tag (individual perception), may be they chose the wrong color for the promo.

Dimensions wise, it is the same height as the Creta but narrowly wider and longer. So could just be a perception issue?

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 1st July 2022 at 18:22.
ashwin.terminat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 18:12   #727
BHPian

I am wondering about the logic of providing the spare wheel underneath the car. To me it looks very cumbersome to carry out a replacement, versus if the spare wheel was inside the boot. Can somebody comment, if I am missing something in my assumption. Or is it equally easy to remove and put a tyre back under the car?

Last edited by ajayc123 : 1st July 2022 at 18:32.
Old 1st July 2022, 18:32   #728
BHPian

The car looks very good and modern without any polarising elements. However, I have a few confusing thoughts:

1. I still cant fathom the fact that the pure EV range is 25Km. This is plug in hybrids (PHEV) territory, no? Is it possible for a self-charging hybrid? I would have expected something in single digits before the ICE takes over.

2. Fantastic variant distribution with even the lowest variants getting a good deal of equipment and features. But, what is value proposition of the mild hybrids here (non AWD versions). Not all of us are seeking an AWD. Compared to the recently launched top end ZXi+ Brezza, the V variant doesnt seem to offer much. Same engine, same gear box albeit on a bigger, heavier vehicle will translate into sluggish performance with the K15C. And a lot of part sharing. Perhaps more interior space and plusher interiors on the V variant, but it all depends on pricing for folks looking for a comfortable 5 seater SUV.

3. Based on the above, makes more sense to opt for the low-mid variants of the strong hybrids, as it offers something over and above not available in the other CSUV offerings.

Overall, great time for prospective buyers as they have a plethora of options to choose from. In the last 5 months, we have seen 6 car launches catering to the 5/7 seater segments straddling MPV, SUV, CSUV and sub-4m SUVs: Carens, Ertiga, XL6, Brezza, Hyryder and ScorpioN. The Maruti version of the Hyryder will be next.
Old 1st July 2022, 18:44   #729
BHPian

Except for the 90s mini TV looking infotainment system everything else seems solid. The car would score good crash rating as well if it's based on the international vitara platform. Now I won't mind paying 5-6 lac over the Korean siblings for the strong hybrid and the T- badge.
Old 1st July 2022, 18:48   #730
BHPian

Not sure if anybody noticed the similar grill design.

Toyota looks more elegant and mature of the two.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-capture2.jpg  

S.MJet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 18:50   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Marutii Suzuki's version of the SUV to debut in the third week of this month.

- Could be called Grand Vitara / Vitara
- The Vitara is set to become a truly global product with exports planned for Europe as well as Africa.
- Like the Hyryder, will be 2 engines on offer – the 1.5-litre K15C petrol engine with mild hybrid tech and Toyota’s 1.5-litre TNGA engine featuring Toyota Hybrid System (THS) and e-drive transmission.
- Toyota claims an improvement in chip supplies and waiting period is not expected
- 90% local content

New way of working: Vikram Gulati, Executive Vice President, Toyota Kirloskar Motor.

Quote:
It is the new normal- you collaborate and you compete. We will compete but we collaborate to bring together to bring together our mutual strengths, our learnings from each other, so that both can grow and yet continue to compete

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st July 2022 at 18:55.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 18:51   #732
BHPian

Booked Hybrid V version today by paying online and got a call back immediately from Sales Rep. As per him, they have received a good response after the launch. Asked him about the timing for price reveal , but they do not have any estimate as of now. He also attended virtual training today, basis which he understand AWD version is only available with non-hybrid manual V variant .
baarish84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 18:55   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

To me the stance of the car looks perfect and looks premium in pictures atleast!!

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-4b05bc0f0cf64d9fa18e2f192d10aef9.jpeg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-97637f84291e4f498b8f7680353be0d2.jpeg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-90f96cbc78c0410db7221cd28340ae3c.jpeg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-d3de8ce0b9644a6cb68094732b2c00c0.jpeg

Source: IndianTorque
CEF_Beasts is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 19:05   #734
BHPian

Pic taken from adv. Is the boot small and why the car seems small

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot-20220701-190447.jpg
RedMaw is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 19:28   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Marutii Suzuki's version of the SUV to debut in the third week of this month.
Is there a remote possibility that Maruti launches an AT with AWD? Maybe that could be a way to collaborate?

It's a difficult task to finalise a variant to book.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 1st July 2022 at 19:45.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed