Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2022, 15:31   #841
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The hybrid engine is from Toyota for sure.

Suzuki's hybrid system is based on the K15 4 cylinder engine, while the Hyryder hybrid specs if correct is the M15A 3 cylinder engine from Toyota.
Could they use the Suzuki system while retaining their own engine , also would it be possible for toyota to use the suzuki power-pack and use their engine?
In the Vitara the location of the power pack matches directly with what we have seen in the Hyryder .
Old 4th July 2022, 16:31   #842
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Maruti’s version of HYryder to be revealed in the third week of July.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-smartselect_20220704163534_chrome.jpg

- Likely to be called Grand Vitara.

- It will get differentiated styling touches from the Hyryder.

- Features to include panoramic sunroof, head-up display, and ventilated front seats.

Quote:
Maruti will also offer 1.5 mild- and strong-hybrid engines along with AWD drivetrain options like the Hyryder
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 4th July 2022 at 16:37.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 19:12   #843
BHPian

Had a look on Hyryder in Gurgaon after visiting Maruti for seeing Brezza. The car in display was top end variant of strong hybrid engine variant.

First impressions:
1. The car looks handsome except for rear turn indicator placement which may be hit or miss for few. It's crossoverish like erstwhile Scross. A Creta will surely tower over this to naked eye.
2. The car feels rich on interior as well. There are hard plastics no doubt in the cabin, but it's screwed well together.
3. Rear seats are mixed bag. You can't seat 3 adults and headroom is going to concern a considerable percentage of folks. I am 5'10 and the headroom was only just. On the flip side, the seats had good under thigh support.
4. The front indicators, when in action, look smashing.
5. Since I came just after seeing Brezza, I could notice lots of same stuff in both cars. And this hits the premium image of Hyryder. The Infotainment system in particular needs to be different if the idea is to premium poster this car.
6. The curtain underneath the panaromic sunroof may play spoilsport in summers. It's too thin to not allow overhead sun warming the car.
7. The bootspace is a deal breaker. It's too less for the strong hybrid. You can place 3 cabin bags at Max here.
8. Tires were 17" and brakes were disk all around. Nice.

Conclusion: I am not an expert like our respected mods. So take this post with a pinch!!!

I may stand corrected in future but my first reaction within limited interaction with the car doesn't tell me that this car will be a major challenge to Hyundai twins. It has its share of quirks and as a package, this doesn't click like a Creta or a Seltos. And keeping in view how Maruti has priced Brezza, it's going to be tough job even with 1.5 K15C in Hyryder.

I am in market for a safe automatic (since eternity now) and since I came back from seeing Brezza, the comparison was inevitable with Hyryder. If I wanted a richer interior/exterior and some extra snob value, that's where Hyryder comes in K15C trim. The question remains at what cost. I mean it has same engine, transmission, Infotainment, safety equipment (minus rear disk brakes), steering wheel and those famous window switches too. On the contrary, Brezza felt roomier to me than Hyryder.
Pricing is the key here and even if the hybrid gives great mileage, that boot space is going to be a downer.
headbanger is offline   (73) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 20:10   #844
BHPian

Looking at multiple reviews online, the Toyota and Suzuki combi will sell like hot cakes and possibly could also drive adoption of AWD cars in our market. Koreans will be impacted, VAG twins should be worried and TaTa will also feel the pinch until Blackbird arrives next year. Maruti has finally arrived into the 10-20 L segment.
steadfast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 20:20   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti’s version of HYryder to be revealed in the third week of July.

Attachment 2328923

- Likely to be called Grand Vitara.

- It will get differentiated styling touches from the Hyryder.

- Features to include panoramic sunroof, head-up display, and ventilated front seats.

Source
Hopefully, Maruti will release the price at the time of the launch itself, like they did for Brezza.

Creating price anxiety about the HyRyder is really unnecessary. Not sure what Toyota is trying to achieve by delaying the price information.
Old 4th July 2022, 21:17   #846
BHPian

Visited Lanson Toyota, Vellore to inquire about Hyryder. The biggest shock was the price. The Sales Rep insisted that Hyryder will be priced between 12-18 Lakhs on road. When i asked whether this is ex-showroom or on-road, Sales rep confirmed it was on-road. I was not convinced but even if its ex-showroom, I still feel its pretty competitive. I inquired about diesel and sales rep told me the Strong Hybrid variants will be positioned against diesel. Sales rep refused to confirm 25KMPL mileage figures on orders from Toyota. Car will come to showroom in August and delivery starts on August last week/September first week and in October full fledged delivery will done. More than 150 bookings was received in that particular showroom.

I think Toyota will have mouth watering introductory price due to lots of component sharing with Brezza and will raise it on Jan 1st 2023.
RedMaw is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 21:21   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiKeMo View Post
One relevant info he shared was ex-showroom price of Rs.18 - 20 Lac. He clearly stated that prices are not confirmed, but I'm not surprised. I'm interested and have done advance booking (Rs.25 k) today..
I am now told that GC of c.200 mm and boot of 430 ltr. Car to be available in showroom around 10th July.

My greatest fear and disappointment would be boot size less than 400 ltr. From the Autocar video, size of boot was similar to City strong hybrid. And I lost interest in City hybrid solely due to boot size. Let’s hope for the best!
MiKeMo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 21:41   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Saw one video where the sunroof opens outwards which looks rather cheap like aftermarket fitment, perhaps the engineers did that to liberate more headroom but not sure how practical it is.
There's another advantage, it's to increase the opening area. While the glass surface itself is significantly smaller than, say, the Creta, Suzuki's panoramic sunroof offers a larger opening area when the sunroof is opened because both parts of the glass slides backwards. Pictures are from the European Vitara (which I assume uses the exact same sunroof panel)

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-suzukivitarahaveasunroofbanner.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-1656950947157.jpg
Astargea is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 21:54   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I am 5'10 and the headroom was only just.
This could be a dealbreaker for me. I am 5'11", my brother is 6'1" and my best friend is 6'2". Genuinely hope this does not turn out to be a problem. If it does, maybe Maruti has something better.

I checked this out in the 2018 Creta yesterday and I noticed the portion after the sunroof was scooped out towards the rear. Probably to give more headroom to rear passengers. Baffles me how something so basic was missed on the Toyota.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 22:01   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
This could be a dealbreaker for me. I am 5'11", my brother is 6'1" and my best friend is 6'2". Genuinely hope this does not turn out to be a problem. If it does, maybe Maruti has something better.
The rear seats do recline slightly, that can be used to increase rear headroom marginally.

I have personally not sat in the car, but the GaadiWaadi host who is 6’1” sat in the car in the video he shot and he has about 1-2 finger space still left…

CEF_Beasts is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 22:45   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
This could be a dealbreaker for me. I am 5'11", my brother is 6'1" and my best friend is 6'2"
Basis my 15 min with the car, I am confident that folks taller than 6 feet or someone with 5'10" and Kartik Aryan hairstyle will touch the roof. Recline in rear seat helps but for every little adjustment one tends to make on a long journey while seated, he/she will need to be aware of the roof height and that's a big compromise in my understanding.
headbanger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 05:30   #852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Saw one video where the sunroof opens outwards which looks rather cheap like aftermarket fitment, perhaps the engineers did that to liberate more headroom but not sure how practical it is.
Guess all panoramic sunroofs work that way only. Only the smaller sunroofs go inside the roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijit 2284 View Post
Could they use the Suzuki system while retaining their own engine , also would it be possible for toyota to use the suzuki power-pack and use their engine?
In the Vitara the location of the power pack matches directly with what we have seen in the Hyryder .
Why would they bother to use the Suzuki system? Everything from the engine spec to the gearbox says it is a Toyota system. Ofcourse, we don't know the extend of their collab
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 07:25   #853
Senior - BHPian

The car will be in their Noida showroom on 9th and 10th. Will surely go and have a look.

In any fellow bhpian wants me to specifically look for something or click its photo, please PM me.
ashutoshb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 07:57   #854

The Maruti equivalent is confirmed to be launched on 20th July and they also confirm it will be similar power train combination with a strong hybrid leading the offering.
Source: Shashank Srivastava interview on Business Today.

Last edited by tarunkassana : 5th July 2022 at 08:10. Reason: Added the url for youtube link of interview
tarunkassana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 09:00   #855
BHPian

Sad to see that hybrid version loses out on boot space. We've seen this in the City Hybrid as well.

The reason I'd choose a hybrid over an EV is for the low running costs in town plus the flexibility of doing long drives. However, with a cramped boot, looks like these hybrids won't be great for long distance trips with baggage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Had a look on Hyryder in Gurgaon after visiting Maruti for seeing Brezza. The car in display was top end variant of strong hybrid engine variant.

7. The bootspace is a deal breaker. It's too less for the strong hybrid. You can place 3 cabin bags at Max here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks