Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 09:17   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
The car will be in their Noida showroom on 9th and 10th. Will surely go and have a look.

In any fellow bhpian wants me to specifically look for something or click its photo, please PM me.
If you can figure out the dimensions of the boot for the strong hybrid version vis-a-vis the mild hybrid version, that would be great.

I got disappointed with this half baked effort from Toyota. They have decades of hybrid experience and one of the USPs they have is the ability to accommodate hybrid components without compromising on boot space. If this platform was really a Toyota Suzuki joint effort ( which now i think it's not the case ), they should have figured out a way to do that.

Another thing i would love to know is the head room at the rear seat for the model without panoramic roof. I cannot believe they ( Toyota and Suzuki ) got something as basic as this wrong!

Regardless of my opinions, these cars will sell like hot cakes just for two reasons - looks/road presence and features.

Last edited by amalji : 5th July 2022 at 09:19.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 09:31   #857
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
The car will be in their Noida showroom on 9th and 10th. Will surely go and have a look.

In any fellow bhpian wants me to specifically look for something or click its photo, please PM me.
Please check the placement of the battery that drives the motor for the strong hybrid version.

In most versions in other countries, the battery has been placed under the rear seat, can you check if it is in the boot like city hybrid, or elsewhere.
Old 5th July 2022, 09:49   #858
Senior - BHPian

Brezza top end automatic costs over 17L here in Bangalore, so I hope people set realistic price expectations here, bigger car with Toyota premium and strong hybrid will definitely exceed 20L. Cars surely have become crazy expensive since 2018.

For the premium price, we only get hard plastics, mediocre engine and compromised safety. I guess I will end up keeping my corolla until I switch to EV
rajshenoy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 10:05   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hi

1. Seat comfort. Side cushioning and bolstering.
2. Quality of pastics and switchgear vis-a-vis the S-cross.
3. Details of the instrument cluster. Whether you can view functions like maps/navigation or is it a more basic digital display.
4. View from the driver's seat. Visibility as in is any part of the bonnet visible? Or do you have a more sit-in car feeling
5. Do the ORVMs fold the other way? Bikers swipe.
6. Bumper quality.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
If you can figure out the dimensions of the boot for the strong hybrid version vis-a-vis the mild hybrid version, that would be great...I got disappointed with this half baked effort from Toyota. They have decades of hybrid experience and one of the USPs they have is the ability to accommodate hybrid components without compromising on boot space. If this platform was really a Toyota Suzuki joint effort ( which now i think it's not the case ), they should have figured out a way to do that.
Guess, only the strong hybrid is available on the showrooms now.

Well. Let us put it this way. This is a heavily reworked Vitara with the Toyota's 1.5l M15 hybrid. So, guess Toyota's involvement in other areas maybe limited by the existing platform. Is that the reason why Toyota has not put the blue tint to the Toyota emblem? Hope, the upcoming MPV is more Toyota than the Hyryder.
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 10:18   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Interior Build Quality and fit and finish, please! Especially compare it to the Innova and Fortuner and comment on whether it feels like a well built Toyota or a regular Maruti Suzuki. How the sound of the door closing feels, whether there are any bits that have flex on the inside and the outside.

Thanks!
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 10:42   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you!

Can you check headroom when the rear seat is a natural inclination? Particularly if it will work for people > 5'11".
Old 5th July 2022, 10:56   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Had a look on Hyryder in Gurgaon after visiting Maruti for seeing Brezza. The car in display was top end variant of strong hybrid engine variant.

First impressions:
1. The car looks handsome except for rear turn indicator placement which may be hit or miss for few. It's crossoverish like erstwhile Scross. A Creta will surely tower over this to naked eye.
On the contrary, Brezza felt roomier to me than Hyryder.
These two points are concerning, because for Suv stance, people will still prefer Creta, and for less roomy interior (even if just perceived), why will anyone pay more than Brezza?

Waiting for more hands-on review to shed more light on this.
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:05   #863
BHPian

Knowing Toyota I am of the firm opinion that it will charge a hefty premium for the strong hybrid. I won't be surprised to see OTR prices in Bangalore touching 30L.
kushagra452 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:06   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti’s version of HYryder to be revealed in the third week of July.

- Likely to be called Grand Vitara.
I'd bet it's going to be a facelift of S-Cross. The stance of Hyryder resembles the globally unveiled S-Cross IMO (especially from side angle).

Maruti started with facelift of Baleno, XL6, Brezza. S-Cross seems to be logical in that order for a facelift.
Old 5th July 2022, 11:21   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Knowing Toyota I am of the firm opinion that it will charge a hefty premium for the strong hybrid. I won't be surprised to see OTR prices in Bangalore touching 30L.
If that is true, the effort that Toyota and Suzuki spent on their JV is waste of time and money. There is no market for this car above 23-25 L OTR, even it is a full Hybrid. They already cut the costs with lower segment interiors and weaker power figures compared to the segment leaders, the mighty Koreans.
Hickstead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:36   #866
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki’s new mid-size SUV to be unveiled on 20 July.

- Will replicate Toyota Hyryder in feature and variant list

- Prices likely to start from INR 9.5 lakhs

- The Next big launch will be the Jimny ( AWD) early 2023.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 12:57   #867
BHPian

There are no ADAS features on Hyryder (Not that i like them), Boot is small, Interiors comparable to a vehicle from a segment down (Brezza) so heart says Toyota cannot put a lot of premium to this vehicle. Remember Honda City Hybrid does have ADAS adding to its cost.
Having said that even Brezza has outpriced many for its top variants (without a hybrid option) so will be interesting to see what Toyota does with Hyrder. Another important thing is Maruti avatar of the same vehicle launching this month and they will be priced in almost a similar fashion.
Old 5th July 2022, 12:58   #868
BHPian

So, if my understanding is correct, Maruti will have two new launches within a gap of few weeks. Will the Maruti equivalent of the Hyryder be priced lower than the Brezza? If yes, then this is baffling. I was expecting Brezza to undercut the Maruti-Toyota JV product by at least 1-1.5L. Also, wasn't the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder (quite a mouthful!) expected to be the Toyota's rebadged version of the Brezza? If not, will Toyota be launching a Brezza equivalent soon? The is getting too confusing!
Old 5th July 2022, 13:05   #869
BHPian

Quote:
So, if my understanding is correct, Maruti will have two new launches within a gap of few weeks. Will the Maruti equivalent of the Hyryder be priced lower than the Brezza? If yes, then this is baffling.
Sir the cars are from different segment. How you can expect a higher segment car (hyryder) to be priced below a lower segment(Brezza)

Quote:
Also, wasn't the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder (quite a mouthful!) expected to be the Toyota's rebadged version of the Brezza?
It was not. Time and again it was made abundantly clear in this thread that Hyryder is not a rebadged version of Brezza. Please read the thread once again

Last edited by das_ren_auto : 5th July 2022 at 13:07.
das_ren_auto is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 14:07   #870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, if my understanding is correct, Maruti will have two new launches within a gap of few weeks. Will the Maruti equivalent of the Hyryder be priced lower than the Brezza? If yes, then this is baffling. I was expecting Brezza to undercut the Maruti-Toyota JV product by at least 1-1.5L. Also, wasn't the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder (quite a mouthful!) expected to be the Toyota's rebadged version of the Brezza? If not, will Toyota be launching a Brezza equivalent soon? The is getting too confusing!
Quite confusing, here is my understanding.

Toyota UC = Suzuki Brezza(formerly Vitara Brezza)
Both comes with Suzuki engine.

Toyota UC Hyryder with Suzuki engine.
Suzuki Vitara with Suzuki engine.

Toyota UC Hyryder with Toyota engine & SHEV tech.
Suzuki Vitara with Toyota engine & SHEV tech.
SKC-auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed