Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2022, 14:30   #871

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

I have joined team-bhp recently. It's my pleasure to be a part of car enthusiast's and thanks to moderators for considering me.
I felt the Toyota Hyryder is good fit for buyers. You get the reliability and service assurance from Toyota and consistent components from Suzuki (mild hybrid engine and auto box). So the mild hybrid auto G variant (I feel it is having good specs), if priced on par with Breeza top end auto or Sonet top end auto, i.e. around 13-14 lacs (ex showroom) would give a good choice to the buyers. Guess many would like the switch. Further more no reliability issues as the engine and gearbox is from Suzuki.
I am keen however on how they price the strong hybird variants and am considering it as a replacement for my 11 year old Vento Diesel.
Sg01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 14:42   #872
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Brezza top end automatic costs over 17L here in Bangalore, so I hope people set realistic price expectations here, bigger car with Toyota premium and strong hybrid will definitely exceed 20L.
Spoke to the Toyota showroom yesterday. The SA clearly said that the top end will not exceed 18Lacs ex-showroom. So that's 21Lacs on road. Makes it cheaper than Brezza and a segment above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
So, if my understanding is correct, Maruti will have two new launches within a gap of few weeks. Will the Maruti equivalent of the Hyryder be priced lower than the Brezza? If yes, then this is baffling. I was expecting Brezza to undercut the Maruti-Toyota JV product by at least 1-1.5L. Also, wasn't the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder (quite a mouthful!) expected to be the Toyota's rebadged version of the Brezza? If not, will Toyota be launching a Brezza equivalent soon? The is getting too confusing!
Maruti equivalent of Hyryder is launching soon and will be priced above. Even if it starts at 9.99, that's clearly 2Lacs higher than Brezza and a segment higher.
Old 5th July 2022, 16:22   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

The car is/was on display at MGF Mega Mall in Gurgaon today. The place was crowded. The expected price point is somewhere around 20L for top end, no idea if it is ex-showroom or on road.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img20220705wa0027.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img20220705wa0031.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img20220705wa0030.jpg
The boot space can be a deal breaker for many. I hope the regular variant has a better boot space.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img20220705wa0028.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img20220705wa0029.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 16:56   #874
BHPian

Have a look at the Global Suzuki Vitara Website and the Gallery images. Hyryder and Maruti SUV are clearly the Suzuki Vitara with All Grip and Strong Hybrid. I don't think it is the New S Cross. The side profile, rear muscular kink, rear quarter windows all match the Hyryder. So finally an Euro Spec Global Product from Maruti Toyota. I think they mean serious business this time.

https://www.globalsuzuki.com/automob...itara/#gallery

Suzuki S-Cross 2022
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot_20220705170121_chrome.jpg

Suzuki Vitara 2022
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot_20220705170225_chrome.jpg

Toyota Hyryder 2022
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot_20220705170359_chrome.jpg

Side Profiles for Suzuki S Cross, Suzuki Vitara and Toyota Hyryder

Last edited by ashishpotdar : 5th July 2022 at 17:10.
ashishpotdar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 16:57   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Spoke to the Toyota showroom yesterday. The SA clearly said that the top end will not exceed 18Lacs ex-showroom. So that's 21Lacs on road. Makes it cheaper than Brezza and a segment above.
Take anything a Toyota SA says with a massive dollop of salt.

Happened with me with the Hilux as well! All along the Toyota SAs kept saying 35L OTR at max, the actual OTR price is much more higher than what it was supposed to be!

Similarly I expect a 24-25 OTR on-road, Hybrid premium will be there for sure, a lakh or two over the Creta.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 5th July 2022 at 17:08.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 16:58   #876

Looking forward for its official launch where they announce the price. I know three people who are genuinely interested to buy it, if its priced in par with Seltos/Creta. Hope this instigates manufacturers to bring in more Powerful Hybrid models to India in the mass market segment.
Old 5th July 2022, 17:06   #877
BHPian

Hi. Does the Hyryder have fully functional roof rails? If yes, then this may resolve the issue of luggase during long trips. One can always use a roof carrier. I have seen people do that in case of Hexa, XUV 3OO etc
Old 5th July 2022, 17:27   #878

This is the boot space with suitcases form Toyota's website. Not sure how this compares with Creta? Name:  Screen Shot 20220705 at 5.06.06 PM.png
Views: 2194
Size:  391.3 KB
Victor18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 17:42   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi. Does the Hyryder have fully functional roof rails? If yes, then this may resolve the issue of luggase during long trips. One can always use a roof carrier. I have seen people do that in case of Hexa, XUV 3OO etc
No it doesn't. Also, panoramic sunroof means that roof will mostly not be usable for luggage carrying purposes.
Rocketscience77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 17:55   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor18 View Post
This is the boot space with suitcases form Toyota's website. Not sure how this compares with Creta? Attachment 2329361
Toyota have been very clever with their advert. Yes, we have the pic but we do not know if this is the hybrid version or neo-drive version.
Their website also glorifies AWD but hang on that is only for manual non-hybrid variant. Also their top model non-hybrid variant lacks features which has nothing to do with hybrid.
Feels like Toyota has intentionally created variants to keep people unhappy with one or the other thing. For instance, i seriously want to buy the top model hybrid V but the boot space is questioning the practicality in my head. Will go to Noida Uttam Toyota this weekend (The Uttam Toyota Patparganj SA called me and said that car will be available there for display).
smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 19:23   #881
BHPian

Had a chat with a Toyota showroom sales person. As per him, the boot space is around 318L. Is this correct. If yes, it's very less for outstation trips.
Old 5th July 2022, 19:25   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the boot space with suitcases form Toyota's website. Not sure how this compares with Creta? Attachment 2329361
Unlike honda city hybrid, hyrider has an advantage being a SUV, we can remove the rear parcel shelf and make use of vertical space. I haven’t seen the car in real but I hope I won’t be a deal breaker. We have Kia seltos in family and though the boot says 430l or so, it is very shallow due to flat loading and we mostly remove parcel shelf for highway trips. Hopefully someone will try this to give us a picture of boot space practicality.
rajshenoy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 19:38   #883
BHPian

Toyota is an aspirational brand for us Indians. How else can we justify the price and price increases of Innova and Fortuner. Livo and Etios became aspirational brands for taxi operators is a different story. Livo and Etios had cost cutting which was extremely visible to naked eyes- one look at the boot will show you how far they had gone with the cost cutting.

Now in this car - I see the Suzuki Toyota partnership played their cards correctly. It almost ticks all boxes for a regular Indian buyer - The brand, gizmos, service quality, and some novelty in the name of Hybrid. Even if 25% buyers go with the strong hybrid. (just going by the other thread on powertrain choice of TBhpians), it still leaves 75% of the folks scouting for the rest of the variants. That to me is a sizeable chunk of demand.

My calculation:

Creta SX 1.5 Petrol Manual is about 18 lacs.
So I expect the equivalent to be placed at 18-19 lacs
Same trim with Hybrid (add 3 lacs) - 21-22 lacs

Creta SX(o) Petrol CvT is about 21.45
Equivalent Hyrider - 22-22.5?
Hybrid version - 25-25.5?

So for Bangalore, I expect the Hybrid Auto top end to cost close to 30 lacs.

[ I assumed 3 lacs premium for strong hybrids. Toyota prices hybrids against regular equivalent models in US by about 3000 USD. I took it as 3lacs for India ]
sheelapratosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 19:48   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Doesnt look like the strong hybrid. The strong hybrid has the boot is at the lip level. It doesnt drop below. Whereas in the image that they have shown on the web, the bags are below the boot lip. Reference image attached.
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-screenshot-20220701-175658.jpg

I am unsure how much boot space would that reduce.

Last edited by Mumbaiker : 5th July 2022 at 19:50. Reason: typo
Old 5th July 2022, 20:12   #885
BHPian

Suzuki Vitara Hybrid has a boot of 375 liters and Suzuki S-Cross Hybrid has 430 liters as per the reviews available.

So we can anticipate the boot space in Hyryder (or Suzuki's version) as either 375 or 430 depending on the inheritance.

375 liters boot is a definite deal breaker for me, but I want to get surprised by Toyota or Suzuki.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed