Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2022, 09:12   #916
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I know, experts are keeping a close eye on this thread, I will look upto them to call out if this concern is valid or am I thinking too much.
End of the day, every car comes with its own set of pros and cons. We should manage to live with the cons based on the convenience it offers along with the pros. This entire discussion is based on without test drives as of now. Hope test drives will clear some cons of the people who are considering Hyryder, including me.

Decent refinement bundled with occasional push back into seat assistance from electric motor, including a good FE gifts a winner in hand for Toyota. Based on the pricing Toyota ends up, Hyryder is capable of making segment leader Koreans run for quick facelifts in their offerings.

Last edited by Hickstead : 7th July 2022 at 09:14.
Old 7th July 2022, 12:42   #917
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

My SA just told me that the waiting period is going to be 26-28 weeks. Sounds to me either:

1. Toyota is doing so to create enough marketing buzz OR

2. People have made too many bookings in anticipation of a hybrid SUV.

This is when I booked in advance (only paid 11 K though and now they are asking for balance).

In case the demand is really that high, hope Toyota does not become greedy and charge a hefty premium.
Old 7th July 2022, 13:08   #918
BHPian

What I have observed is most of us are just making speculations on price, refinement, features etc without experiencing the car first hand.

One thing is clear, this car is for the FE minded person with occasional highway driving. In case you want to have fun, purchase a TC petrol engine like VW, but efficiency will be hit. So it's always a trade off what you want from a car.

Let us hope that Toyota addresses all our concerns at the earliest. I guess they are waiting to reveal the prices till MS launches their product
Palio_2005 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 13:33   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakashrs View Post
On the other hand why not OEM offer retractable parcel tray as seen in many European models, its does the job right?
Because, retractable parcel trays are not as sturdy as the traditional ones that we get in our regular Indian cars. They really can't hold the regular junk that we generally load on it. One more issue is that, if we fold the second row seats, retractable ones can't be removed completely and they obstruct the overall boot space.
Hickstead is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 19:46   #920
BHPian

A Toyota master diagnostic technician answers an important question. Should you buy a Toyota hybrid or Lexus hybrid in 2022?

pradkumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 21:05   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
My SA just told me that the waiting period is going to be 26-28 weeks. Sounds to me either:

1. Toyota is doing so to create enough marketing buzz OR

2. People have made too many bookings in anticipation of a hybrid SUV.

This is when I booked in advance (only paid 11 K though and now they are asking for balance).

In case the demand is really that high, hope Toyota does not become greedy and charge a hefty premium.
This "waiting period" game is getting beyond ridiculous now. It would seem we have gone back to the era of the infamous waiting periods of Bajaj, Padminis and Ambassadors. But I seriously doubt that these figures are authentic and are just created to generate artificial hype. There cannot be such a big shortage of components at this stage. I got my Creta delivered in 12 days during a 24 week waiting period, that too a diesel car. I had the same experience with my Dzire VDI back in Dec-2008, a newly launched car which supposedly had enormous demand. I made full payment and got the car in 3 days.
Old 7th July 2022, 21:16   #922
BHPian

Customer speaks through the wallet. I would take this with a mountain salt. Once the pricing is revealed, the waiting period shall fall exponentially. And once a few months pass, the dealers shall be waiting. Period.

This drama cannot continue forever, and this shall pass too.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 7th July 2022 at 21:23.
ajayc123 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 22:36   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
This "waiting period" game is getting beyond ridiculous now. It would seem we have gone back to the era of the infamous waiting periods of Bajaj, Padminis and Ambassadors. But I seriously doubt that these figures are authentic and are just created to generate artificial hype. There cannot be such a big shortage of components at this stage.
There are several reasons to why they do this non-sense -

1) It gives a feeling that the customer is buying a model that is in huge demand
2) Psychologically reduces any scope for negotiation or discounts
3) When the car is delivered ahead of the promised date, the customer is happy
4) Customer would not call up and keep checking about the car, as his promised date of delivery is so far away
5) Dealers feel as if they have done a favour by delivering the car to the customer!
aravind.anand is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 11:26   #924
BHPian

Got invitation for Hyrder unveil from Uttam Toyota for 11th and 12th July.

They shifted the dates and now will expect buyers to come to their showroom on Monday/Tuesday (Earlier planned over the weekend)

I may still go but working days can be a pain with office work breathing down your neck!!

Are there any other official unveils around NCR over the weekend?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img20220707wa0000.jpg  

smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 11:42   #925
BANNED

Cars coming to dealerships for display only. Wasan Chembur has their display tomorrow i.e. Saturday
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-whatsapp-image-20220707-2.39.04-pm.jpeg  

Ragin_Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 12:16   #926
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki’s new mid-size SUV to replace the S-Cross in India.

Name:  20220705111156_S_Cross_story_discontinued.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  89.1 KB

- This new SUV, likely to be called the Maruti Vitara.

- New midsize SUV to sit at the top of Maruti's India line-up.

- Global debut this month; price announcement by August

- Will get strong as well as mild-hybrid powertrain options.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th July 2022 at 12:22.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 12:48   #927
BHPian

Hopefully pricing sense prevails for this one after the over the top Brezza pricing.
Old 8th July 2022, 13:01   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Ice View Post
Cars coming to dealerships for display only. Wasan Chembur has their display tomorrow i.e. Saturday
Thanks for the update. I checked with Madhuban Toyota at Lower Parel, and they are getting the car for Tuesday. Same car is going around all showrooms in Mumbai.
Old 8th July 2022, 13:22   #929
Senior - BHPian

Baffles me how the Toyota factory is in Karnataka but there are no signs of any dealer having the car for display in Bangalore.

On a side note, really dislike the trend of starting bookings even before the vehicle is in showrooms or prices are announced. People are forced to book just to avoid long wait times. And if you don't like the car in person or the prices are not to your liking, you are charged a cancellation fee. A cancellation fee of Rs.1,000 is not much for a 25L car, but even if 1000 people cancel, that is Rs.10,00,000 the company has earned for doing absolutely nothing apart from inciting FOMO. I hope this practice is culled soon.
ashwin.terminat is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 13:46   #930
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonder when these will be on display in Kerala.

Called Nippon Toyota couple of times and they had no clue when it will be available.

They even feigned(?) surprise when I said other cities already had display cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed