Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2022, 16:55   #991
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Just a note, a discussion on the Grand Vitara is going on here (2022 Maruti Grand Vitara to debut on July 20 | Pre-bookings open). Lets keep this thread for Toyota Hyryder and the other one for Grand Vitara.
BoneCollector is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 19:06   #992
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsi View Post
The car felt too small for what they advertize in the brochure.
It says it's similar in height to creta - 1635MM
But when I stood next to the hyryder it felt too small, smaller than Creta/Seltos and even the new Brezza...?

I can tell you with confidence that the dimensions are NOT what they've specified in the brochure.
They even deleted a comment I made on their Instagram about this.
Now that you've mentioned it, it doesn't look as HY for the segment. Regarding the dimensions listed in brochure, perhaps Toyota considers Roof Rails while measuring the car height?
vagman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 21:38   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagman View Post
perhaps Toyota considers Roof Rails while measuring the car height?
I don't think so, since some of the variants of Hyryder don't include the roof rails in them. Even if they did take that into measurments it still wouldn't be tall enough.

Try sitting into the demo unit, especially the back seat. You would definitely feel it's quite tight vertically and your head might even bump with the C pillar.
tjsi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 23:02   #994
BHPian

The front sure has A-Cross vibes and the back looks like the facelifted Seltos. My guesses on the pricing were almost spot-on, if the prices exposed are to be believed. All in all, this looks like a better looking SUV than the Hyryder for me.
Old 13th July 2022, 10:10   #995
Distinguished - BHPian

Teaser of the Grand Vitara:

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 546
Size:  33.7 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th July 2022 at 10:12.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 11:33   #996
BHPian

Is the K-series engine remap-friendly? Because then I might consider the neodrive AWD Hyryder/GV instead of the strong hybrid, as long as I can tweak the engine’s power output (although warranty is a concern)
Arsenic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 11:58   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
I have booked Hybrid V variant online. I also have an active booking for Creta D AT. Do I sound wierd ? I consider Petrol Hybrid as alternative for diesel with respect to usage. Have to test drive and check how the performance will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Makes complete sense. I don't know why people puff up Maruti's after sales service so much. In my experience, all Maruti's service advisors I've interacted with have been sleazy rip-offs. Toyota on the other hand, has been exemplary so far. Do keep us posted about your hands on experience with both the Hyryder and Grand Vitara if you happen to check both of them out in person.
I visited Pioneer Totyota in Chandigarh this week. The SA said they only have one car which is available for viewing later this month for a day or two and then it will be sent to other showrooms in Haryana/Punjab for display.

Quote:
I'm deciding between Brezza and Hyryder.
Thank you for this buddy - super helpful for me as I am choosing from Hyryder and Vitara. I know Brezza is a good deal. But it is far too common and not enticing any way.

Please keep us posted on your final choice. I might take a leaf out of your book too

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th July 2022 at 13:05. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
womanonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 13:18   #998
BHPian

Good time for buyers, we didn't have many choices before, now spoilt by choices in the hot segment ==> XUV7OO/ScorpioN, Harrier/Safari, Compass/Meridian, Creta/Seltos/Carens, Kushaq/Taigun, Astor/Hector, Hyryder/Grand Vitara, (Honda?).

I read some people are choosing Hyryder/Grand Vitara quoting Creta/Seltos are too too common on streets, but I think Hyryder/Grand Vitara are targeted mass market products, so there won't be any exclusivity with them either after some point (unless pricing goes wrong).

However, Mahindra, TATA, VW and MG products may still be exclusive due to either lack of demand or higher segment + pricing.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 17:20   #999

I spoke with GM, Sales today. He mentioned price will be revealed next month (August) and deliveries will start in October. ~400 booking done in Gurgaon.
Victor18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 01:18   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor18 View Post
I spoke with GM, Sales today. He mentioned price will be revealed next month (August) and deliveries will start in October. ~400 booking done in Gurgaon.

I don't understand this strategy at all, honestly. This long lull post-launch before the vehicle is even available for test drives kills a lot of the excitement.

Car launches > Cars are in showrooms > Test Drives. Typically, you'd expect all this to be done in about 2 weeks. Just like how the Scorpio has done it. The excitement is fresh and people are keen to book the vehicle and take delivery. In this case, people are still window shopping because Toyota is taking their own sweet time to even show the car to prospective customers. Add to this the SAs who are clueless about important milestones like test drive availability, price announcement, etc. The entire post-booking experience has been very frustrating thus far, to be perfectly honest. Rs.25,000 is just sitting with Toyota with zero visibility on what is the way forward.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 14th July 2022 at 01:19.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 11:40   #1001
BHPian

Considering the Toyota’s customer oriented nature, can we attribute this long gap between reveal and delivery for Toyota incorporating the feedback into production ready cars?

Like creating more headroom at the back, better indicator + brake lights cluster at rear, fogs at front, better boot space etc

May be it is too late to incorporate or too ambitious wish
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 11:48   #1002
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2332499

I'm 6ft tall for reference, Hyryder's roof came up till my shoulder whereas the other cars I've mentioned above are as high till my neck level.
Hyryder looks as if it's just as big as the S Cross which. If the seating position is the same in all 4 cars in the competition, then I have no problem, since we can assume they did this for the aerodynamics and to reduce wind noise on the highway.
I can tell you with confidence that the dimensions are NOT what they've specified in the brochure.
They even deleted a comment I made on their Instagram about this.
My first reaction to this photo was-
During its launch event, this car looked so big that at one point in time I thought this car should have been placed a segment above Creta/Seltos/Taigun/Kushaq. But that's definitely not the case here.

I don't know if it's your well-built body that's making the car seem so small or something else, but in this photo, the HyRyder looks like yet another widened Glanza/Baleno!!
I guess I will have to check it in person myself to come up with a conclusion.
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 13:03   #1003
BANNED

Is Urban Cruiser Hyryder based on Brazza or Grand Vitara? Tyres are 17" which is big that other CSUV segment cars
Old 14th July 2022, 14:01   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Is Urban Cruiser Hyryder based on Brazza or Grand Vitara? Tyres are 17" which is big that other CSUV segment cars
It is not based on Brezza but feels more like Global S-Cross. The height/headroom discussion is stemming from the fact that the design is more crossover like rather than a tall SUV.

Length wise it is longer and easily noticeable when you see in person.
Old 14th July 2022, 14:03   #1005
BHPian

Toyota has created a lot of confusion by including the name Urban Cruiser ahead of Hyryder. Most people tend to think this is the facelift version of the Urban Cruiser, until they see it in the flesh. If its a completely different platform anyway, why continue with the Urban Cruiser moniker - was it for luck? The Japs do tend to be superstitious.

This vehicle deserves to have a distinct identity. Even branding it just as TOYOTA HYRYDER, would have led to a lot less confusion.
manishk123 is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks