Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2022, 20:23   #1036
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Unless Maruti thinks we deserve better specs than global products, 0.84kwh is the correct battery capacity, 140V 6AH battery.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki...id-2022-review
The specification on Hyryder and Maruti's Vitara are likely to be same. Hyryder's official brochure claims 177.6V battery and not 140V so yes its is slightly different than the global product being referred on the article.

However, I agree 25 KM run is far fetched.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-hyderbattery.png  

Old 17th July 2022, 20:27   #1037
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
The specification on Hyryder and Maruti's Vitara are likely to be same. Hyryder's official brochure claims 177.6V battery and not 140V so yes its is slightly different than the global product being referred on the article.

Could someone please remind us all where did this “25 KM pure EV mode” number come from ? Is it mentioned in any official Toyota / Maruti literature or are we debating an imaginary number here? What I have heard being said is 25 KMPL of mileage for the strong hybrid and I wonder if that got misconstrued as 25 KM of pure EV mode ?
Old 17th July 2022, 20:29   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So, this system is from Yaris cross, 177V 4.3AH which is 0.76kwh.
Old 17th July 2022, 20:45   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Suzuki's hybrid power train for the global strong hybrid model is not the Toyota hybrid. It's suzuki's own strong hybrid system which is a much inferior unit compared to Toyota's. For a start, even the AC compressor doesn't work while in EV mode. And they use AGS/ 6 speed torque converter depending on the model/country. There's nothing Toyota about that model. In India, the hybrid is purely sourced from Toyota and is a much superior unit.
2. The 25 kms claim seems to be more of a claim for a full tank of fuel rather than running 25 kms straight on EV. Marketing gimmick, i would say.
amalji is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 21:03   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
Could someone please remind us all where did this “25 KM pure EV mode” number come from ? Is it mentioned in any official Toyota / Maruti literature or are we debating an imaginary number here? What I have heard being said is 25 KMPL of mileage for the strong hybrid and I wonder if that got misconstrued as 25 KM of pure EV mode ?
All articles mentioned on launch day.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...gs-open-424963

https://www.news18.com/news/auto/toy...0-5473231.html
SKC-auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 22:30   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
1. Suzuki's hybrid power train for the global strong hybrid model is not the Toyota hybrid. It's suzuki's own strong hybrid system which is a much inferior unit compared to Toyota's. For a start, even the AC compressor doesn't work while in EV mode. And they use AGS/ 6 speed torque converter depending on the model/country. There's nothing Toyota about that model. In India, the hybrid is purely sourced from Toyota and is a much superior unit.
2. The 25 kms claim seems to be more of a claim for a full tank of fuel rather than running 25 kms straight on EV. Marketing gimmick, i would say.
Well..All i have heard is the powertrains and the hybrid technology on both Hyryder and Vitara will be same. The hybrid engine as a matter of fact will be from Toyota in both the cars. Otherwise what is the point of this JV here..

Last edited by smilingakash : 17th July 2022 at 22:42.
Old 18th July 2022, 00:07   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well..All i have heard is the powertrains and the hybrid technology on both Hyryder and Vitara will be same. The hybrid engine as a matter of fact will be from Toyota in both the cars. Otherwise what is the point of this JV here..
Yes, it will be the same in India. Both will get hybrid power trains from Toyota. But the quoted post was mentioning about the hybrid engine that Suzuki uses for its vitara outside of India. That's a non Toyota engine and is very inferior to the Toyota hybrid setup that both Maruti and Toyota will be using for vitara and Hyryder in India.
Old 18th July 2022, 01:04   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Yes, it will be the same in India. Both will get hybrid power trains from Toyota. But the quoted post was mentioning about the hybrid engine that Suzuki uses for its vitara outside of India. That's a non Toyota engine and is very inferior to the Toyota hybrid setup that both Maruti and Toyota will be using for vitara and Hyryder in India.
We are on the same page We are all responding to some comments that incorrectly implied the battery capacity will be lower on Indian spec Vitara (as speculated from global spec vitara link)
Old 19th July 2022, 19:06   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Finally after a lot of searching the entire family has decided to go for the Alcazar in Phantom Black, so really excited for that.
I am almost headed that way. Can't bring myself to settle for a crampy car after driving Dzire OG and ertiga. Are you buying Diesel or petrol

Last edited by Eddy : 19th July 2022 at 19:17. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 19th July 2022, 21:40   #1045
BHPian

Are there any details out on the ground clearance? Will it be atleast equivalent to Brezza.

Will Haryana government's new policy around rebate on Hybrid cars will cover the mild Hybrid. I am interested in AWD variant of Toyota's version.

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 19th July 2022 at 21:41.
Old 19th July 2022, 21:47   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Will Haryana government's new policy around rebate on Hybrid cars will cover the mild Hybrid. I am interested in AWD variant of Toyota's version.
Sharing the PDF of the Haryana Ev Policy unfortunately no rebates on Mild Hybrid.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Electric Vehicle Policy, 2022.pdf (2.24 MB, 147 views)

Last edited by Eddy : 19th July 2022 at 21:55. Reason: Fixed quotes
XRoader_001 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 22:11   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Sharing the PDF of the Haryana Ev Policy unfortunately no rebates on Mild Hybrid.
Policy is a downer: first 'X' vehicles to get rebates. Trust me, there will not be an audit on who gets the discount and who makes the first 200 / 500 / 1000 consumers.

If OEM gives discount to first 'X' customers then it makes sense. If the govt. is providing tax rebates then first-come-first-serve is absolute rubbish. Policy (if needs to be offered to limited consumers) could have been more transparent and time bound. For instance: all cars in FY23 (EV/Hybrid) to get the required discount. This would have been a more honest tax rebate.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th July 2022 at 08:11. Reason: Please avoid typing..like..this. Corrected typo.
smilingakash is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 23:12   #1048

Is Hyryder Strong Hybrid vehicles available for viewing in any of Bangalore Showrooms ?
tanny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 00:52   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Thanks for sharing this. Since I was hinging my hopes for a discount for strong hybrid, the first round of Brezza VS Hyryder goes to Brezza.

Needless to say, no prizes for guessing where these discounts will end up with. What a shame in the name of policy formulation.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 06:15   #1050
BHPian

Hope Maruti Price this car sensibly, Considering the price set for Brezza, I see it pricing the base model around 12.4l+. Waiting for the launch today!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed