Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2022, 06:46   #1051
BANNED

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Eagerly awaiting the reveal of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara, the pricing seems to be the major factor here, will they announce prices today or follow Toyota and announce prices later.

Considering the Brezza loses out on any tax advantages and the Grand Vitara being in the same tax bracket, the price difference between similar spec Mild Hybrid versions should not be very significant, apart from the obvious size difference playing a factor.
Old 20th July 2022, 08:10   #1052
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
Eagerly awaiting the reveal of the Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara, the pricing seems to be the major factor here, will they announce prices today or follow Toyota and announce prices later.

--
No price announcement is expected today. Price reveal likely to be in late August.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 09:48   #1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Sharing the PDF of the Haryana Ev Policy unfortunately no rebates on Mild Hybrid.
Thank you for sharing this. I think Honda City Hybrid is the only SHEV/PHEV vehicle available in the market as of now in 15-40 lakhs range. And 200 units may be over from Honda City only even before Hyryder/Grand Vitara SHEV deliveries start.
Old 20th July 2022, 10:11   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanny View Post
Is Hyryder Strong Hybrid vehicles available for viewing in any of Bangalore Showrooms ?
Well i tried looking around for the same and called up Nandi and Viva Toyota. Both said that the display vehicles will come around last week of July.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 20:34   #1055
BHPian

Toyota talks about promoting hybrid cars but why has it not provided the Hybrid option in the lowest variant/trim. Worse, Maruti decides to provide hybrid option only in top 2 trims. They could have provided the Hybrid option in all trims and got more volumes of hybrid sales which in turn will help in reducing costs. This is an opportunity not utilised by Toyota.
Old 21st July 2022, 11:57   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Received this from a dealer. Of course, we have already seen these numbers from the Grand Vitara.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 20220721 at 11.53.35 AM.jpeg
Views: 743
Size:  26.6 KB
ashwin.terminat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 12:57   #1057
BHPian

I am sure many people must have evaluated this. What is their standard policy around cancellation? I enquired at Toyota website agent support, they have no idea about this. Agent told me that he will arrange a call from dealer in this.

It is surprising that when they are receiving booking on website, why don't they have a standard cancellation policy listed which agent should have shared.
Old 21st July 2022, 19:39   #1058
BHPian

Hi. Had a look at the Hyryder today. It definitely is a modified Scross and not the Vitara which is sold in UK. Since there was a lot of crowd couldn't see the vehicle in detail from the inside. First glance and it strikes you that this is not the classic Toyota interior but the cheap MS interior. My Yaris is much better built than this. It's really a pity that Toyota has done this. For UC and Glanza it's acceptable but not for a car which is likely to cost 20 L on road for the G version. Interior wise too it looks a little cramped. Will only be able to really check it when it's available for the test drive. Boot is really small. Just enough for a few weekend bags that's all. Am speaking of the Hybrid version.
Hybrid will be the only pull for this car as there are other offerings at similar price levels with much better interiors and features, space inside and in the boot.
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:42   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zombie~ View Post
Hope Maruti Price this car sensibly, Considering the price set for Brezza, I see it pricing the base model around 12.4l+. Waiting for the launch today!
I don't expect sensibility in pricing when it comes from Maruti and Toyota. They are both extortionists
This has to be priced at a good premium over Brezza or it will cannibalize it.

The Hybrid version should easily be 22 lacs Ex showroom - The Honda City Hybrid is at 19.50 lac ex showroom - This one ideally will be 2 to 3 lacs over that atleast.

Last edited by Gupts007 : 22nd July 2022 at 10:46.
Old 22nd July 2022, 10:49   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
I don't expect sensibility in pricing when it comes from Maruti and Toyota. They are both extortionists

The Hybrid version should easily be 22 lacs Ex showroom - The Honda City Hybrid is at 19.50 lac ex showroom - This one ideally will be 2 to 3 lacs over that atleast.
I feel the same. Its easier to sell a SUV (even if pseudo) image in our market. They are going to leverage that to the fullest. Though, I so wish they price it within 2L of Brezza variant to variant.

Just realized the way they are trying to add some differentiation. GV has brown interior on non Hyrbrid and Black on Hybrid. Hyryder has opposite of this. Who is this genius

I am keen on AWD variant, any suggestions which one to pick between two. I have lived with Ford's sparse service centers easily so service network is not a challenge. Any other parameters to compare specially when this AWD is Suzuki's side of tech?

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 22nd July 2022 at 11:07.
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:22   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
Brezza's sales numbers were really good and I guess that's the reason why MS confidently jacked up the prices. It cant be the same with the Vitara. Hybrid variant wont make any sense if the car is priced very high and the customers will have to do high mileage to justify buying hybrid variants over the pure petrol variants.

Price overlap with Brezza should be fine, as is the case with sub 10L models of Maruti Suzuki. They are happy as long as the sales happen within the showroom itself (cannibalization within own models is OK). And, it should be remembered that, Suzuki models priced above 10L have had very poor sales. So at least the initial pricing will be very competitive for the Vitara and slowly they will jack up the prices over time, as per the sales numbers.

Another point to note is that KIA/Hyundai are testing their own 1.5L hybrid power train (There was a thread in the forum regarding the same). Although it wont be as much accomplished as the Toyota hybrid system, it should be enough to spice up the competition and keep the hybrid car prices in check, I hope.

Last edited by TT-S : 22nd July 2022 at 11:25. Reason: Changed Hyrider to Vitara
TT-S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:37   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Hyryder Strong Hybrid to be cheaper than Maruti Grand Vitara Hybrid.

Quote:
The Toyota Hyryder is expected to be introduced in the second half of August, while the Maruti Grand Vitara should arrive in early September
Quote:
Both SUVs are expected to have a starting price of Rs 9.5 lakh (ex-showroom)
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd July 2022 at 11:40.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:38   #1063
BHPian

There was a full page ad on Hindustan Times on Grand Vitara. Kudos to Maruti for bringing the advertisement to newspapers days after their launch.

Wondering why Toyota has not put any such newspaper advertisement yet. Did I miss it or is Toyota's marketing team sleeping over it?
Old 22nd July 2022, 12:11   #1064
BHPian

So, the Hyryder has been shuffling around different Toyota showrooms in India and this week it landed in Pune, so I had to go to check as it is one of the cars in our shortlist.Entered the showroom to a sea of people around the car as expected so it is not possible to go into detail and I don't even want to as the others have already done.

First Impressions:
1) The car does not look as big in person as much as it looks in the pictures.
2) They couldn't have picked up a better colour(I like blue) as it really was eyecatching.
3) The boot space is small, not much of an upgrade over our present car.
4) The design is striking and will certainly appeal to the masses, the upper faux grille reminded me of the Toyota Harrier. The alloys are stunning to look at.
5) Backseat is an absolute dissapoint for me(6'3), I could not even get to sitting straight. Legroom I felt was adequate.
6) Space in the front is satisfactory enough for an average Indian, there is enough adjustment for you to get comfortable.
7) The steering wheel has a Toyota logo but the interior screams Suzuki to me! The Window switches, the HVAC system everything seemed like a Suzuki. Even when you lock/unlock the car it has the typical Suzuki sound.

Will decide on the Hyryder once I get to test drive because having already experienced a hybrid in the Camry, I have hopes for the powertrain.
CarManMotorcycl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 12:19   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
So, the Hyryder has been shuffling around different Toyota showrooms in India and this week it landed in Pune.
Baffles me that the car is doing these rounds in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune and the city closest to Toyota's Bidadi factory - Bangalore, is reportedly getting the car only on September 15th! A full two months from now!

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 22nd July 2022 at 12:29.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks