Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2022, 16:48   #1276
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
A report on real-world fuel efficiency on the strong hybrid variant of the Hyryder

Attachment 2351170

Looking forward to the T-BHP review on Sunday! My biggest hope is that the refinement has not been sacrificed too much to keep costs low (if they are low, that is)
If this is true on a strong hybrid, then the USP is lost here itself. All the hype, compromises tolerated are just for the economy of 28kmpl, atleast ~24kmpl.
Then what would be the mileage on mild hybrid 7-9kmpl?
Old 26th August 2022, 17:12   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

I believe 15.8kmpl is a good mileage for a heavy foot driving where similar normal car will give 9-11kmpl. A 30-40% improvement of mileage should be expected.

I wanted to know what will be the mileage when used at constant highway speeds, where regen will be minimum and the car runs in engine mode.
SKC-auto is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 19:05   #1278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
I wanted to know what will be the mileage when used at constant highway speeds, where regen will be minimum and the car runs in engine mode.
Same here. I thought it would be significantly lesser because of the reduced regen. But check out this video of the Honda City Hybrid. They got a FE of 36kmpl while driving from Bangalore to Mumbai. They covered it using just 28 litres of fuel to cover 1000km. Of course, fuel-saving driving techniques were at their maximum, but 36kmpl is still quite something.

ashwin.terminat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 20:11   #1279
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota to reveal the Hyryder’s prices next week. Grand Vitara price announcement will follow the Hyryder reveal.

Quote:
Toyota is going to reveal the prices of the Hyryder compact SUV by early next week.
Quote:
The Hyryder is expected to be priced from around Rs 9.5 lakh (ex-showroom).

Based on the available details, we reckon that the entry-level strong-hybrid will be priced under Rs 20 lakh on-road.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th August 2022 at 20:13.
Old 26th August 2022, 20:14   #1280
BHPian

Just curious, who are the gentlemen from Team BHP who took out the HyRyder for a spin during the media drive?
Old 26th August 2022, 20:37   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
A report on real-world fuel efficiency on the strong hybrid variant of the Hyryder

Attachment 2351170

Looking forward to the T-BHP review on Sunday! My biggest hope is that the refinement has not been sacrificed too much to keep costs low (if they are low, that is)
Wow. That is much lower than what I expect from a strong hybrid. Would expect atleast 20kmpl on road within city and highways. If it is just 16kmpl, I am not sure how much a non-hybrid variant would give.
Old 26th August 2022, 21:41   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Wow. That is much lower than what I expect from a strong hybrid. Would expect atleast 20kmpl on road within city and highways. If it is just 16kmpl, I am not sure how much a non-hybrid variant would give.
Somehow, I am taking this data with a pinch of salt. My sense is that even an ordinary 1.5 litre NA car (example Honda City) would give an average of around 15-16 kmpl on a city highway mixed driving.

Now, this one running on Atkinson cycle in efficient RPM range, is expected to run more efficiently by 30-40% higher than Otto cycle in NA, plus electric braking regen, should do much better in real life conditions.

If you look at the hypermiling example of the Honda City Hybrid or the generally known mileage figures of the Toyota Yaris, I am finding it hard to accept this figure till we have more repeatable data.

So far, I am unable to justify this figure, purely based on engineering theory.

Also we need to drive a Hybrid like a hybrid, and not like a VW DSG to achieve the mileage in the desired range.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 26th August 2022 at 22:00.
Old 26th August 2022, 21:48   #1283
Distinguished - BHPian

Media cars are often left idling for hours during shoots, and driven spiritedly very often. So even after this getting 15kmpl is a massive feat, a non-hybrid would've got around 8-10kmpl in the same scenario.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 22:33   #1284
BHPian

Hey Guys , They have clearly mentioned that Sirish was driving with a heavy foot. So this might be the worst mileage you might get if you are in some mood to wring the powertrain to its limits.
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 12:04   #1285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Hey Guys , They have clearly mentioned that Sirish was driving with a heavy foot. So this might be the worst mileage you might get if you are in some mood to wring the powertrain to its limits.
To add, it looks like the car was taken up Nandi Hills too. If 15.8kmpl is the FE after a drive up Nandi Hills, I'd be quite surprised.

Quote:
Toyota packing heat with #Hyryder. Opinions embargoed but when a car lifts an inside rear wheel & hold its line you know the driver is more �� than ��

This thing surprised me while sending it up Nandi Hills. More when embargo lifts on Monday

Shot on #GoProHero10 Black
Source
ashwin.terminat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 13:47   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
To add, it looks like the car was taken up Nandi Hills too. If 15.8kmpl is the FE after a drive up Nandi Hills, I'd be quite surprised.

Source
I was surprised by the rear wheel lift off in the video in the link posted by Ashwin. They had placed a GoProHero camera on the ground to capture the exact moment. Trying to pull off a stunt?

Link
Old 27th August 2022, 13:56   #1287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Just curious, who are the gentlemen from Team BHP who took out the HyRyder for a spin during the media drive?
Vid6639 and myself
Eddy is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 14:02   #1288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Vid6639 and myself
Looking forward for the review to be up and about once the embargo lifts up. We have a Hyryder as well as the Grand Vitara booked, top end Hybrids. It has to be either of these two. I hope there is no disappointment.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 17:49   #1289
BHPian

Check this for boot space of strong hybrid variant of HyRyder. It's around 250L as per video.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 27th August 2022 at 17:52.
Old 27th August 2022, 18:08   #1290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Check this for boot space of strong hybrid variant of HyRyder. It's around 250L as per video.
Horrible utilization of space due to that false floor! Looks worse than cars like the XUV 3OO which had one of the smallest boots for a premium car, till date!

Wonder if this 250L (official?) includes the space below the false floor too? The Maruti Alto we reviewed last week had only 214 litres - but we could keep a cabin sized suitcase standing with the parcel tray down. Two such pieces and two additional bags would fit.

Looks like this boot can accomodate only two such pieces, flat sideways. 250L sounds over optimistic if it's a guess from Motor Octane or if claimed officially - Toyota may have included space below the false floor, like companies like Hyundai claim!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th August 2022 at 18:13.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks