Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2022, 20:33   #166
sbm
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I wonder why aren't they launching the car as yet. The uncertainty and wait is frustrating. Have to book a car but the launch with hybrid is a a very tempting option. God knows what will be the waiting period as every one seems to be quoting 7 to 8 months the day from launch. Honda hybrid is an example. And I hope they price the car sensibly unlike Honda which is not at all value for money at 24 lakhs on road.
I am pretty sure that people who book the car at launch will not have to wait for 6 months or more. This method seem to be reserved for Mahindra and few others . With Maruti, the car will be available within days for initial lot even though waiting periods may run into months later on once the demand picks up.
Old 5th June 2022, 21:09   #167
BHPian

Re: Updated Suzuki Hybrid Specs Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I have an increasing suspicion that this is definitely the revised Vitara that Maruti is planning to launch.
Yes. I feel the same too. Instead of launching the heavily reworked S-cross, they could be launching a similarly reworked Vitara. This could also be the reason why Brezza has dropped Vitara from its name plate.
CrossLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 21:42   #168
BHPian

Re: Updated Suzuki Hybrid Specs Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I have an increasing suspicion that this is definitely the revised Vitara that Maruti is planning to launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLife View Post
Yes. I feel the same too. Instead of launching the heavily reworked S-cross, they could be launching a similarly reworked Vitara. This could also be the reason why Brezza has dropped Vitara from its name plate.
Wish you are both correct, and a good move, if they do. 10-20 Lakh bracket is now very fertile and mature, and a space that MS has been desperately trying hard and failing over the years. Vitara can easily take it from nowhere to the leadership position in this segment. Just don't bring in a compromised 'for Indian market' Vitara.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:08   #169
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

I am in the market right now for a car in this segment. We test drove Creta, Seltos, Kushaq, Taigun and even Harrier.

Harrier: Going far beyond my budget for XZA+ and I can not settle for a lower variant.

Kushaq/Taigun: Rear seat and the boot are cramped for our liking.

Creta/Seltos: Darlings of the market as of now. Booked Creta in May as my family loved that Panoramic sunroof and the wait time is 6+ months.

Toyota/Suzuki: Eagerly waiting for this to take a call and there is no clear information on launch schedule yet. Will go for this if it comes as Hybrid and priced even a couple of lakhs above my budget. Any chances of panoramic sunroof being offered in this car ? Knowing about Toyota the chances are less in my opinion. If at least it comes with a medium size sunroof, will try to convince my kid. Panoramic sunroof has it's own set of fan base. If Toyota/Suzuki ignore this, they can't really dent many numbers of Creta, which is also getting ready for facelift.

Last edited by Hickstead : 6th June 2022 at 12:13.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 14:53   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Toyota/Suzuki: Eagerly waiting for this to take a call and there is no clear information on launch schedule yet.
I think the launch is scheduled for July 2022.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Will go for this if it comes as Hybrid and priced even a couple of lakhs above my budget. Any chances of panoramic sunroof being offered in this car ? Knowing about Toyota the chances are less in my opinion. Panoramic sunroof has it's own set of fan base. If Toyota/Suzuki ignore this, they can't really dent many numbers of Creta, which is also getting ready for facelift.
They would really have to be asleep if they miss on this feature. Personally, I am not a fan of Sunroofs but if the competition has it then no reason to skip on this.
Dhillon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 16:45   #171
BHPian

According to my friend who works at Toyota the launch is very near and production has started.
He had news of 2 cars a Creta rivaling car and one more 7-seater front-wheel driven monocoque both on Toyota platforms.
sunilg33 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 17:33   #172
BHPian

The 1st one is the D22, the 2nd one should be the new Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
According to my friend who works at Toyota the launch is very near and production has started.
He had news of 2 cars a Creta rivaling car and one more 7-seater front-wheel driven monocoque both on Toyota platforms.
Old 6th June 2022, 20:03   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota’s Creta rival, Hyryder, to be unveiled on July 01 in India.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-1.jpg

The Hyryder’s highlight will be underneath the hood as it will get a strong hybrid powertrain, which includes a 1.5-litre petrol engine and electric motor. There will also be a mild-hybrid powertrain as well.
Both engines will get automatic transmissions, while the mild-hybrid will get a MT as well.

- Will get mild-hybrid and segment-first self-charging hybrid powertrain, delivering high fuel efficiency.

- To be priced aggressively against the VW Taigun, Hyundai Creta, MG Astor, Kia Seltos, and Skoda Kushaq.

- Prices are expected to be announced in August.

- Maruti's YFG (Vitara) launch to follow, most likely closer to the festive season ( Oct.)

Quote:
It will be equipped with a 1.5-litre strong self-charging hybrid powertrain, thus having high fuel efficiency as one of its main highlights. It will further feature drive modes, namely, pure-petrol, hybrid, and pure EV, which the system will switch on to automatically.

It will also get the 1.5-litre petrol engine with mild-hybrid technology as a relatively affordable option.
Feature rich will include connected car technology, electric sunroof, six airbags, ventilated front seats and a 360-degree camera as its prime highlights.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th June 2022 at 20:31.
volkman10 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 22:07   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Media invites for the unveil of HYRYDER are out.

ACI's take on the Mid SUV from Toyota-Maruti.

-. Both SUVs will be built around a modified and heavily localised version of Toyota’s TNGA-B (or DNGA) modular monocoque platform.

-Maruti's rival to the Creta will see light of day a little later.

-Toyota will be supplying the hybrid systems.

-Two petrol engines are expected to be offered on the SUVs with the lower-spec version being a mild-hybrid and the higher variant would be the full-blown hybrid that will also run for limited distance on full EV model, like the Toyota Prius and the Camry hybrid

-Components for the engine, powertrain and hybrid systems are expected to be heavily localised from the start in order to keep costs in check.

- Feature rich and loaded with tech including multiple connected car features, a sunroof, head-up display, cruise control, drive modes and the works.

-Toyota SUV and its Maruti counterpart to provide stiff competition to the Creta, Seltos, Tiagun, Kushaq and even to the Hector and the Harrier to some extent.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th June 2022 at 22:12.
volkman10 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 02:40   #175
BHPian

Does anyone have an idea how well “built” these cars be? I mean, if they have localised the Toyota platform will it be similar to the “localisation” that VW-Skoda went for or can we expect a car that can finally get Maruti a higher safety rating.
IMHO, if Maruti Suzuki can roll out a car with good safety score that they can harp about along with a good mileage to boot they can certainly dent sales of the Korean twins.
Old 7th June 2022, 06:57   #176
BHPian

The platform is not a Toyota one as is being harped about. The concepts of a Toyota TNGA platform are implemented but the base is undoubtedly a Suzuki with the hybrid set up sourced from Toyota.

Also, since people misconstrue and correlate safety with NCAP, rumours here in Japan say that a minimum of 4 star rating is a given, as per new GNCAP norms applicable from June 2022. That means a 5 star as per today's norms, because the new norms will cause nearly all cars to lose a star at a minimum.

Lastly, since it is a Suzuki designed car, the S Cross / Global Vitara panorama sun roof should debut in India along with this car.
Carma2017 is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 07:18   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Media invites for the unveil of HYRYDER are out.
I'm eagerly waiting for this one as we are in the process of looking for a replacement for the Honda City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
The platform is not a Toyota one as is being harped about. The concepts of a Toyota TNGA platform are implemented but the base is undoubtedly a Suzuki with the hybrid set up sourced from Toyota.

Also, since people misconstrue and correlate safety with NCAP, rumours here in Japan say that a minimum of 4 star rating is a given, as per new GNCAP norms applicable from June 2022. That means a 5 star as per today's norms, because the new norms will cause nearly all cars to lose a star at a minimum.

Lastly, since it is a Suzuki designed car, the S Cross / Global Vitara panorama sun roof should debut in India along with this car.
Thanks for all the crucial info that you've been providing all the time. Can you provide some info regarding the automatic transmission that will be available with this car? Will it be the Suzuki 6 speed AMT like hybrid Global Vitara or a 6 speed TC like XL6/Ertiga?
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 08:27   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Will it be the Suzuki 6 speed AMT like hybrid Global Vitara or a 6 speed TC like XL6/Ertiga?
Full Hybrid one should be getting the e-CVT in Toyota parlance.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 08:27   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, since people misconstrue and correlate safety with NCAP
Speaking of that, will this car really have Safety Sense? I have been wondering since I saw that bulge in the middle of the grille in the spy shot if it is a radar module for safety assist systems. Also if it will have rear seatbelt reminders.

Quote:
That means a 5 star as per today's norms, because the new norms will cause nearly all cars to lose a star at a minimum.
There is no direct relationship between star ratings under each protocol.

A car that scores five stars today but indicates an unacceptably high risk of life-threatening injury in the new side impact (new consumer-testing protocol) could score zero stars in July.
A car that scores five stars today but also performs well across all new areas of assessment (side, pole, ESC, pedestrian) can retain its star rating under the new protocols. It happened with Toyota with the Etios and 11th-gen Corolla in Latin NCAP.

I am curious if Toyota will sponsor GNCAP testing like they did with the Etios in 2016 or if they will just wait for the car to be selected (which presently could take more than a year). To have a final rating would give them a sales argument because every car in the segment is either untested or has 3 stars.
ron178 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 08:56   #180
Senior - BHPian

Considering this car will have regular petrol powertrain as well as strong hybrid, Maruti as well as Toyota along with MT options, I expect this to have a very large price band which will potentially eat away a large chunk of Seltos/Creta sales.

Hopefully this is a win-win for the end consumer as the Koreans too will be forced to bring hybrid tech to India so there should be good range of options by 2023-24.
rajshenoy is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks