Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2022, 11:57   #256
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLife View Post
More than the RAV4, it looks closer to Suzuki Vitara.
There are similarities with the international Toyota Corolla Cross especially the interiors will have lot of commonalities (see below link from icn).
I just hope they have a more aggressive design language compared to Suzuki's already dated design.

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/to...-1-2022-52474/
Old 10th June 2022, 16:15   #257
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
While members are talking about "Strong Hybrid", I am wondering what that means? What is the meaning of "Strong Hybrid"?

Does the American Prius have strong hybrid and what about the Camry sold in India? Is the Honda City Hybrid not a strong hybrid? Nowhere in that thread can the words "strong hybrid" be seen.

Strong Hybrid here indicates that electric motor will be used for powering wheels. Battery will be used to run electric motor for some distance. The size of the battery mostly will be around 2KWH. Honda city hybrid is a strong hybrid.

Mild Hybrid system is found in current generation maruti vehicles where the electric motor is connected to wheels by a belt, and it just helps engine with initial torque for 7 seconds , I guess.

Plugin Hybrid : Same as Strong Hybrid, but will have a large battery in tune of 10 to 20kwh and needs to be charged externally.
pram_ind is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2022, 20:25   #258
BHPian

Just to compare a full electric vehicle like the EV6 has a battery of about 60-70 kwh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pram_ind View Post
Strong Hybrid here indicates that electric motor will be used for powering wheels. Battery will be used to run electric motor for some distance. The size of the battery mostly will be around 2KWH. Honda city hybrid is a strong hybrid.

Mild Hybrid system is found in current generation maruti vehicles where the electric motor is connected to wheels by a belt, and it just helps engine with initial torque for 7 seconds , I guess.

Plugin Hybrid : Same as Strong Hybrid, but will have a large battery in tune of 10 to 20kwh and needs to be charged externally.
Old 12th June 2022, 10:41   #259
BHPian

IMO the use case of Toyota Hyryder is very different from regular Turbo Petrol Cars. Toyota is aiming to fulfill the following requirements. Hence, not using Turbo Petrol Engine in India.

1. Keep the cost down.

2. Better Fuel Efficiency. Best in segment.

3. Tuned for driving in city and town. If someone drives 80% in City/Town, 20% Highway at legal speed limits :-) this car would check all the boxes, i presume. The instant torque provided by the battery will lead better performance in red lights/stop and go traffic compared to turbo engines (turbo lag).

4. Keeping the car size to 4.3 m means giving us a Japanese (reliable) alternative for those disappointed with Korean safety, German 2.0 strategy, Chinese origins and long waiting periods.

Furthermore, i feel Nissan had a golden opportunity to ride on the Magnite success by introducing Kicks e-power. In 2020 it was launched in Thailand, but never made it to our shores. It would have been the only Hybrid in Suv/Compact Suv segment with AWD. Alas, RK Shrivastava had different plans.
Javelin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 23:08   #260
Senior - BHPian

Seen in the insta story of a model who must be part of ad shoot:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img_20220612_230559.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (60) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 23:12   #261
BHPian

^The plate does read Hyryder. Could you kindly share the link?
Old 12th June 2022, 23:19   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I hope Tata doesn’t slap Toyota with ‘intentional’ infringement in court!

That front end is so similar to the Harrier and Punch!

Edit: Don’t see the blue surround that Toyota’s hybrid cars get in their logos. Could be the mild-hybrid K15C engined version.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 12th June 2022 at 23:45.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 23:21   #263
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Wow! That front looks amazing. It looks somewhat Harrier-inspired. The raised bonnet, dual LED DRLs, and bi-function projectors (leds?) give it a menacing appearance. The plate at the front reads Urban Cruiser Hyryder, so there's no confusion on names anymore, and the crease and curves on the bonnet are different than on the new Brezza. In all probability, this is indeed not the Toyota version of the Brezza. We definitely have something new coming towards us.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 00:24   #264
BHPian

Quote:
That looks quite awesome to be honest. Finally some real challenger to the Koreans unlike half-hearted cost cutting jobs from VW-Skoda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
^The plate does read Hyryder. Could you kindly share the link?
Interestingly, it reads Urban Cruiser on the top it seems. Toyota could be upto something here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I hope Tata doesn’t slap Toyota with ‘intentional’ infringement in court!
That front end is so similar to the Harrier and Punch!
Well, the Tata Punch is a literal copy paste job of the Citroen C3 if you minus the curves from the C3 and many of their current and older cars are simply cheapened versions of other cars! Won't be very ethical of them to call out Toyota for this.

My irrelevant statements aside, this is a common design language and also most cars today look like one or the other from one or the other angles in images and since this is only a front-offset shot, I'd say concrete opinions about inspirations cannot be formed. Still looks cool though!

Last edited by theAutomaniac : 13th June 2022 at 00:25.
theAutomaniac is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 06:28   #265
BANNED

That Suzuki Vitara clamshell bonnet as it is!
Attached Images

romeomidhun is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 06:57   #266
BHPian

Minor thing but I wish they don't use that Wagon R/Ignis ORVMs, it cheapens the look.
Astargea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 07:33   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can this be the restyled upcoming Brezza from Toyota's stable as a replacement for the existing Urban Cruiser? Can't comment much as the length is not visible.

Edit - To me, this looks like the new Urban Cruiser and not the D22. The new Brezza launches on 30th June and maybe this is the one being launched on 1st July. As far as naming is concerned, the D22 maybe named something else and launched at a later date. Hopefully we will have a clearer picture by 1st July evening.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 13th June 2022 at 07:48.
BoneCollector is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 08:55   #268
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Can this be the restyled upcoming Brezza from Toyota's stable as a replacement for the existing Urban Cruiser? Can't comment much as the length is not visible.

Edit - To me, this looks like the new Urban Cruiser and not the D22. The new Brezza launches on 30th June and maybe this is the one being launched on 1st July. As far as naming is concerned, the D22 maybe named something else and launched at a later date. Hopefully we will have a clearer picture by 1st July evening.
The name 'Urban Cruiser Hyryder' might indicate that it is the hybrid version of the Urban Cruiser, but we don't have any news regarding the hybrid version of the new Brezza. Moreover, the bonnet creases in the new leaked image are not the same as those on the Brezza. If it does turn out to be the new Urban Cruiser, it would be a big disappointment. After all, we have been discussing every scoop for over a year now, and many are holding their purchases in anticipation of a new product from Toyota-Maruti.
Old 13th June 2022, 09:07   #269
BHPian

These are my wild guesses, so please do not take this seriously.
I guess the Urban Cruiser may or may not get a facelift but this is certainly not the Urban Cruiser facelift.
The nameplate reads "Urban Cruiser Hyryder"which could be the D22 instead of the Hyryder.
The Hyryder may be the next-gen hybrid Innova which we were speculating to be called the "Innova Hycross".
Old 13th June 2022, 09:10   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Edit - To me, this looks like the new Urban Cruiser and not the D22.
May be this is the D22 version, similar DRLs and headlamp setup when compared with the test mule.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-20220613_090614.jpg

There's also three adjustable headrests in the rear (hope it's a 3-point seatbelt) and I don't see new Brezza offering the same.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-smartselect_20220613085814_gallery.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 13th June 2022 at 09:15.
Venkatesh is offline   (16) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks