Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2022, 19:35   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Toyota HYryder LED DRLs and Headlamps setup.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-smartselect_20220626190956_chrome.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 26th June 2022 at 19:36.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 19:39   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Ok, so both brands will use the Toyota 3 cylinder engine for strong hybrid engine and Maruti 4 cylinder engine for mild hybrid, if I get it correctly. Sounds exciting.
Good I was able to conclude thus and make you understand right.

Here is the back-up of the conclusion.( documented evidence)

- Hybrid Power Train will be based on Yaris Cross (2WD)

- Yaris Cross imported was tested extensively here( Hybrid Powertrain), so the higher grade of petrol is not likely to be an issue.

- In the below documents you can observe the Toyota Suzuki shown in D22 and YFG

- The DD22 (Hybrid)shows having the Toyota 1.5L engine, while the YFG shows Suzuki's K15C.( note the different engine displacements)

- Both vehicles are specified as D22 and YFG but with Toyota /Suzuki

- Documents shows DD22 and YFG were imported from Japan, could be engineered there( or at least the Hybrid vehicle)

D22/YFG:

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-t.jpg

Yaris Cross:

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-t1.jpg

This is just a calculated guess and hope it is right

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th June 2022 at 19:56.
volkman10 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 20:15   #423
BHPian

These look like import documents. Is this information publicly available?
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 22:16   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
A knock out punch is what the Creta-Seltos duo deserves for their
1. Unrealistic pricing
2. Laughable safety rating at that price
3. Cheeky styling
4. Dealer high headedness

This car looks promising. Interesting times.
Unrealistic pricing ? Whose fault is it if there is a huge demand ?
Cheeky styling- hasnt deterred users so doesnt count as a reason.
Dealer high headedness- again,whose fault is it if there is a huge demand ? I personally never came across this with any of the dealers in my city.
Laughable safety rating at that price- yes , one can argue that Hyundai-Kia should look at this more seriously especially when smaller cars get better ratings. Then again, this isn't too bad a situation when their primary rival which sells many more cars is worse off and some of the more vaunted competitors haven't even tested their flagship cars yet.
Overall, I'd venture to say that people arent forced to buy a Hyundai or a Kia. And when they do, they have their own reasons.
The key to the new HyRyder's success is pricing and feature-set. Its no longer possible to sit content on the technical quality of your product (read Fiat, Ford, VW-Skoda etc.)
fhdowntheline is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 22:32   #425
BHPian

How do we expect the Suzuki Toyota Twins to be priced this time around? We have seen a couple of Suzuki Manufactured Toyota Cars, where the Toyota was priced at a slight premium compared to their Maruti Counterparts. Will the arrangement be the same for these Toyota Manufactured Suzuki SUVs?

Also, we have seen Toyota branded parts for Marutis being priced much higher than the Maruti branded ones. How will the spares be priced for these twins?
Old 27th June 2022, 02:57   #426
BHPian

Its about time we see more hybrids in the market.
The European market has hybrids for almost every model thereby bridging the gap of EVs thats not fully realistic for long trips.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 08:59   #427
BHPian

Can’t help but notice. The infotainment unit and air conditioning unit on HyRyder and Baleno 2022 look exactly the same. Hence, we should see 9.0 inch Smartplay pro+ infotainment system in HyRyder. Details wrt the infotainment system attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-49d50690255947bf89afd66e32221efa.jpeg  

Attached Images

Javelin is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 09:39   #428
Senior - BHPian

Shall we call this Urban Cruiser Hyryder as a Combination of New Updated Urban Cruiser (Brezza Based) with Larger Body and a Hybrid Powertrain.

Toyota has given clue to us by equipping the same Touchscreen and AC Controls from New Brezza while retaining the Urban Cruiser name and adding Hyryder Suffix which seems to me like a Hy(brid)Ry(ding)er sort of name.

Looks good though and i am sure it'll be a success if Toyota doesn't get greedy on pricing front.
Old 27th June 2022, 10:00   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Can’t help but notice. The infotainment unit and air conditioning unit on HyRyder and Baleno 2022 look exactly the same.
Even the chrome door handle, lock knob and the ac volume adjuster seems to be straight out of Suzuki parts bin.
northstar* is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 11:37   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Even the chrome door handle, lock knob and the ac volume adjuster seems to be straight out of Suzuki parts bin.
Agreed. Even the Gear Selector seems to be a direct lift from Suzuki's parts bin.

XL6's Gear Selector

I don't mind the part sharing as long as it helps in keeping the pricing sane.
That said, I just hope that they don't use the same cheap-feeling power window switchgear from the 2005 Swift.
SirJeepsALot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 12:31   #431
BHPian

Quick update : Got a call from Ravindu Toyota Bangalore that unofficial bookings can be made by paying Rs 11000 (fully refundable) and submitting kyc documents .
Old 27th June 2022, 12:37   #432
BHPian

Could it be like Toyota has designed the exteriors of the vehicle & Suzuki has worked on the interiors?
It's anyway a Joint development as far as I know?
Or is it more like they're just sharing the mechanicals?
Old 27th June 2022, 12:43   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Quick update : Got a call from Ravindu Toyota Bangalore that unofficial bookings can be made by paying Rs 11000 (fully refundable) and submitting kyc documents .
Which Ravindu Toyota?

I called the one on Victoria Road and they said the launch is happening on the 15th! And zero clue about pre-booking, etc.
Old 27th June 2022, 12:45   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Which Ravindu Toyota?

I called the one on Victoria Road and they said the launch is happening on the 15th!.
The call was from Bellandur branch . Also the SA said that they have been taking bookings from past 2 weeks !!
ChetanM6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 13:08   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Could it be like Toyota has designed the exteriors of the vehicle & Suzuki has worked on the interiors?
It's anyway a Joint development as far as I know?
Or is it more like they're just sharing the mechanicals?
It's a completely Suzuki designed car with manufacturing at TKM. Of course Toyota would have ensured that Suzuki adheres to it's Engineering design requirements and manufacturing requirements of TKM are protected in design.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks