Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2022, 08:00   #766
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Hope the Hyryder comes with a good build quality, at least matching that of German rival's Indian made cars. If the safety rating is 4 stars+, then with all the features and good looks, this is a car to look at, even if its priced at premium. I hope they don't do the 3 star kind of Hyundai thing and leave it at that.
Old 2nd July 2022, 10:17   #767
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

The HyRyder is based on the S-Cross platform. Hopefully, this means a good safety rating. To me the car looks good and has a decent road presence. The strong hybrid will be the one I will be watching out for. Hope Toyota doesn't get too greedy with the pricing. As a customer, it's good to see new launches in the hotly contested 12L-24L segment. However, as I have mentioned in several of my other posts, cars in India are getting too expensive. There is no 'value for money' product left. Hatchbacks are touching 10L ex-showroom! The OEMs can only push the envelope so much - before there is demand destruction. Used cars is the way to go. My $0.02.
kushagra452 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 10:49   #768
BHPian

Hybrid has a tiny boot because of battery and the petrol version top doesn’t get TPMS, ventilated seats and HUD. Disappointing.
Old 2nd July 2022, 11:04   #769
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Urban Cruiser HYryder fully digital instrument panel.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-20220702_110320.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-20220702_110325.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 11:24   #770
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
Petrol version top doesn’t get TPMS, ventilated seats and HUD. Disappointing.
Yes, even I was surprised to find the features available in the V variant (top-end) NA mild hybrid quite less compared to the strong hybrid V variant!

Only thing the top-end V variant of the mild hybrid gets from the top-end V variant of the strong Hybrid is the panoramic sunroof and everything else is missing!!

Looking at this approach I am sure the Hybrid top-end is going to carry a significant premium, maybe 25-26L OTR and the other variants should be priced competitively.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 12:08   #771
BHPian

If Maruti truly wanted a share of the premium segment they should have reintroduced the 1.0 Boosterjet and a 6MT instead of carrying forward the bland and now lethargic K15C. I understand that the 1.0 could have substantial turbo lag and worse fuel efficiency but it would still be much quicker. Sharing the same powertrain with the Brezza is ridiculous for the premium you are expected to pay. Since the Brezza AT is priced at 14 lacs ex-showroom you can expect to pay 2 lacs extra for the Hyryder Neodrive V AT.

Maruti brought in the 1.0 Boosterjet in the Baleno, priced it absurdly leading to poor sales, and then decided that India doesn't care about turbo petrols I guess they aren't going to stop playing it safe anytime soon.
fakenews is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:02   #772
BHPian

A very Hector'ish looking car. The control panel for the seat ventilation and the drive modes looks crude and like an afterthought. The historical power window switches from Suzuki have made their way into this car looks like and also it would have been nice to have a 8 way power adjustable driver seat as a minimum, greatly enhances the driving comfort. A more Suzuki on the outside and Toyota on the inside would have been an ideal combo.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:11   #773
BHPian

Not a very clean classically good looking car for sure from the outside. Would've preferred a much more cohesive feeling design. In similar form to the Hector the looks of which i personally dislike a lot.
The bonnet appears too long and the headlight enclosure look swollen and abominable especially from the side profile.

The wheels look a size too small despite being 17 inchers. Indicates massively disproportionately wheel arches.
coldice4u is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:22   #774
Senior - BHPian

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-untitled.png

Why the Green Glass is mentioned and not available in any variant?
myavu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:37   #775
BHPian

Feature spread across all variants of the Hyryder

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...variant-424974
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:47   #776

Fog lamps missing on this vehicle?

I cannot find from the e-brochure or any provisions for fog lamps!
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:55   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Attachment 2328309

See the previous row.
chandras1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:58   #778

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Attachment 2328309

Seems the Green Glass is a spill over onto the next line from the previous one. Minor formatting error from toyota.
trailblazer13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:15   #779
BHPian

As mentioned in a lot of posts, the power ratings seem too low for the Hybrid - Will have to wait for the drive reviews. Also, no mention of the boot space for either variant. It's disappointing to see many missing features for the top-end Petrol-only version vis-a-vis Hybrid - mainly the Ventilated seats. Nevertheless, this is still one of the most interesting launches from Toyota in a long long time. I booked the Hybrid version V - with one eye still on the Tuscan launch.
VinsWagen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:24   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota's Hyryder now on display at dealership.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-291896151_10209784384964039_3249867512587571_n.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-291561511_10209784385044041_8523381067816517210_n.jpg

Source

Interview with TADASHI ASAZUMA:

- Toyota Hyryder was designed in Japan with inputs from Indian designers.

- Pricing will be competitive and be as per market expectation ( close to competition)

- ARAI figures are not yet out, Toyota believes it will be ~ 26- 28 km/l

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd July 2022 at 18:40. Reason: Source link added
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks