Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2022, 18:20   #1291
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I was surprised by the rear wheel lift off in the video in the link posted by Ashwin. They had placed a GoProHero camera on the ground to capture the exact moment. Trying to pull off a stunt?
That is a Sirish Chandran staple whenever he gets a decent handling FWD vehicle.
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 19:30   #1292
BHPian

Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Horrible utilization of space due to that false floor! Looks worse than cars like the XUV 3OO which had one of the smallest boots for a premium car, till date!

Wonder if this 250L (official?) includes the space below the false floor too? The Maruti Alto we reviewed last week had only 214 litres - but we could keep a cabin sized suitcase standing with the parcel tray down. Two such pieces and two additional bags would fit.

Looks like this boot can accomodate only two such pieces, flat sideways. 250L sounds over optimistic if it's a guess from Motor Octane or if claimed officially - Toyota may have included space below the false floor, like companies like Hyundai claim!
The positive thing about this is that a lot of guys to whom the bootspace matters will reject it, thus easing the supply situation for the rest of the folks (like me) for whom bootspace is not important. Thank you to boot space fans and Toyota. It will keep the waiting time in the sane range.
ajayc123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 20:12   #1293

Hey guys, wanted to get a quick reaction from all of you.

So I booked a Hyryder on 1st July, but as most of you mentioned I feel the price would be 24L on road in Bengaluru (side note: now I don't know if I shd be happy or sad cancelling the XUV700 AX7L (28L on road) petrol booking).

With these price assumptions would you think the Innova Hycross highest petrol strong hybrid model could be >=30L on road like the current Innova Crysta petrol ZX model? And worth the wait than Hyryder? Meaningless to say I had HY hopes from the car on the price front!

Last edited by Aditya : 27th August 2022 at 21:50. Reason: Edited for better readability
4wheelscrazy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th August 2022, 22:17   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelscrazy View Post
Hey guys, wanted to get a quick reaction from all of you.

So I booked a Hyryder on 1st July, but as most of you mentioned I feel the price would be 24L on road in Bengaluru (side note: now I don't know if I shd be happy or sad cancelling the XUV700 AX7L (28L on road) petrol booking).

With these price assumptions would you think the Innova Hycross highest petrol strong hybrid model could be >=30L on road like the current Innova Crysta petrol ZX model? And worth the wait than Hyryder? Meaningless to say I had HY hopes from the car on the price front!
Here's what my thinking is:

First your choice between HyRyder and HyCross should be based on your need for a 5 seater or 6 / 7 seater. In terms of drivetrain, the experience should be similar. The main difference would be that the HyCross would be 4 cylinder, so lower NHV can be expected in HyCross.

Apart from this, if you are a mile muncher with a lot of city driving with stop and go, and a sedate driver, then you should be OK with the hybrids.

If you are a torque lover and a highway soul, then I guess diesel vehicles are the answer.

As for the price premium over NA, the international references indicate that the hybrid pricing has a premium of 8-12 % over equivalent non hybrid.

As for the current premium at launch, it is expected that a higher premium will be there, but as Toyota has said, once they achieve scales of economy and higher indigenisation , the premium should reduce.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 27th August 2022 at 22:20.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 23:25   #1295
BHPian

Really disappointed with the projected boot space. It is a non existing boot for a primary car. Not able to understand how they are targeting this vehicle in C-SUV segment where all other cars are very decently equipped and with good drivetrain options as well. Real time FE in Hybrid is still not worth the premium that we were asked for. Even Creta/Seltos diesel options give 11 - 15 kmpl in City and close to 20 on highways. I am in very big dilemma now as I am considering this car as alternative for Koreans.
Old 28th August 2022, 00:09   #1296
BHPian

Boot space is a bummer in full hybrid. Was looking at replacing the Yaris but dropped the thought. Now waiting for the Hycross.
Old 28th August 2022, 06:05   #1297
BANNED

Do we have a date for the price reveal yet? I guess it's around the corner, considering test drive reviews are about to come out tomorrow. Moreover a few sources indicate first week of September as a tentative timeline for the price announcement.
Old 28th August 2022, 07:43   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Check this for boot space of strong hybrid variant of HyRyder. It's around 250L as per video
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Horrible utilization of space due to that false floor! Looks worse than cars like the XUV 3OO which had one of the smallest boots for a premium car, till date!
Yes, the boot space makes you wonder if this was ever intended to be a hybrid to start with. But having said that, let’s not complain about the false flooring.

One of the things We managed to check at launch, was if that flooring was movable. The size and cut out of that flooring is absolutely perfect. Once you unhinge it, it can be squarely placed on the battery section, liberating a stepped boot space.

This is how it looks normally
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-f48bad8c0e3341659773ebc40819df26.jpeg

And this is the space under floor. If you notice, the “false flooring” was unhinged and placed on the battery section
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-1415228bce1a40378902328816d3000b.jpeg
Overlander is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 08:08   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Vid6639 and myself
Thank you. I hope that you get a chance to talk about the idling rpm and NHV, and also cover your thoughts on the conditions under which hotly debated 25 km in pure EV can be achieved.
Old 28th August 2022, 10:28   #1300
BHPian

Carwale mentioned they will release the detailed drive review of Hyryder at 12 noon today.
I am assuming others would follow suit. Any official news from likes of Autocar? I hope the Team BHP detailed review is not too far behind.
smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 12:01   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Hyryder media drive reviews goes live

Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 12:03   #1302
BHPian

For those who want to read:

https://www.carwale.com/toyota-cars/...-drive-review/
smilingakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 12:28   #1303
BHPian

In all the three videos, I could hear the words like clatter, noise, vibrations creeping in, due to to the 3 cyl engine. NHV could be a potential concern.
Old 28th August 2022, 12:29   #1304
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Our Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 28th August 2022 at 12:37.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks