Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 15:46   #286
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Sorry, I am totally confused! Are we saying these two vehicles are the same?!!
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-img_20220612_230559.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-toyotahyryder.jpg
2cents is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 16:06   #287
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Are we saying these two vehicles are the same?
No, the lower image is a Toyota RAV4.
ron178 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 16:16   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I hope Tata doesn’t slap Toyota with ‘intentional’ infringement in court!

That front end is so similar to the Harrier and Punch!
Toyota would be like "tit for tat for taking our Harrier name" But then this styling will all trace back to the poor Pontiac Aztek. This scoop pics give me Mitsubishi Outlander vibes somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Sorry, I am totally confused! Are we saying these two vehicles are the same?!!
That is a RAV4, which somehow got into media circulation as the D22.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 16:46   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
This looks very much like the new S-Cross for Europe.
Isn't this supposed to be the all new car rather than their usual badge engineering stuff?
Nope, below is the pic of 2022 S-Cross for Europe. Hyryder is totally different. S-Cross is available in Europe with mild Hybrid tech only.

Whereas, the car being developed in India will have mild as well as strong Hybrid system akin to Toyota Prius/Camry. Although power cannot be compared with the pricey Toyota Siblings. But the implementation of Hybrid system is amongst the best when it comes to Toyota Hybrids. The global sales figure of Toyota Hybrid is a testimony to that.
Really looking forward to e-cvt, have some high expectations.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-a6030079328241a7829c395902a49960.png  

Javelin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 17:54   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Nope, below is the pic of 2022 S-Cross for Europe. Hyryder is totally different. S-Cross is available in Europe with mild Hybrid tech only.
No I think following image comparison should give you idea.
A pillar onwards similarities are many and especially check out the C pillar which looks exactly same in both cars, especially with that quarter glass.
Also note the bulges on the bonnet.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-hyrider.png

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-scross.png
DriveOnceMore is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 18:07   #291
BHPian

Quote:
A pillar onwards similarities are many and especially check out the C pillar which looks exactly same in both cars, especially with that quarter glass.
Do agree. They are not totally different. However, it depends on what you are looking for. If you look for differences. I am sure you will find many. Its glass half full or half empty.

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Nevertheless, i am sure majority, including you and me are hoping its not a badge re-engineered product.

Peace

Last edited by Javelin : 13th June 2022 at 18:19.
Javelin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 18:18   #292
BHPian

At this point I wont post anything or take part in media speculation

S-Cross platform or TNGA-B or C platform? Suzuki engine or Toyota engine? Hybrid tech from Toyota or Suzuki? whether it will have a sunroof or ventilated seats or not?

For past two years we have discuses everything we need to discuss and now when the launch is so near I think we can chill out, and wait for the vehicle to be unveiled and the official spec sheets to come out. And then we can start the circus again.

Last edited by Black_Star : 13th June 2022 at 18:20.
Black_Star is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 19:26   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota's Hybrid campaign:

Quote:
Toyota's Self charging Hybrid Electric Vehicles run on battery power up to 60%* of the time, thus ensuring you keep on going no matter the distance.
*As per iCAT Nu-Gen Nov 2019 summit report.

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 20:19   #294
BHPian

Did anyone notice the image reads as Urban Cruiser Hyryder !!

Will Toyota surprise us by giving us new variant of Brezza/S Cross. I am happy any which ways, we get to see something new from Toyota in a very long long long time.

I am kind of excited. There is no vehicle from Toyota in 15-25 lakhs bracket.

If this is indeed a bigger car than Brezza, I will hold on my compass purchase for some more time.

Compass and Hyryder are completely different cars however the service and reliability offered by Toyota is something only Toyota owners can understand.

Last edited by VALLURIS : 13th June 2022 at 20:22. Reason: Spell Check
VALLURIS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 20:26   #295
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2320296

Attachment 2320297
Top image is a rendering that only serves as an illustration, the similarities are there clearly because the image was drawn with the S-Cross as the base image. There hasn't been any official image of the Hyryder.
Astargea is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 20:45   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Seen in the insta story of a model who must be part of ad shoot:
Just like the nomenclature used in case of Prado (Landcruiser Prado) for the upcoming codenamed D22 they might be using this (Urban Cruiser Hyryder)to indicate the family it belongs to based on capabilities and segment.
Old 13th June 2022, 21:20   #297
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2320296

Attachment 2320297
Jumping into speculation, the side might be resembling S Cross because the Autocar render team might have mixed Scross and Vitara to fill the gaps since a complete picture is not yet available and the camouflage is not giving a crystal clear idea of the design, the renders are speculative too and the render artists are no Pratap Bose.

Also unrelated to this, a lot of people are pointing to Harrier type looks and that is just stupid, just like every era has a design language, this headlight being next to the grille and DRLs being where headlights used to be template is being used to death in every second car and it is not even Harrier which started it. Not that this is taking anything away from Harrier that looks stunning too but it doesn't mean this is copied from that. We need to see the entire car to form a firm opinion on the design.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 13th June 2022 at 21:24.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 22:11   #298
BHPian

If vehicle being revealed is indeed D22 rivaling 4.3 mt Koreans , then Toyota is going to confuse many people by using moniker Urban Cruiser.

Seems this car is just an urban cruiser update , in line with new Brezza unveil on 30th June.

D22 with strong hybrid , with 4 plus mt dimensions will be revealed only in October 22. By this , they can start the boom this diwali with dhamaka product.
baarish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 22:33   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Well, the Tata Punch is a literal copy paste job of the Citroen C3 if you minus the curves from the C3 and many of their current and older cars are simply cheapened versions of other cars! Won't be very ethical of them to call out Toyota for this.
I don't think this is correct. Punch is 90 percentage of the concept originally shown in 2020 auto expo, whereas Citroen was first launched in October 21.

Also most of new Tata cars are very uniquely styled and to call them rip off would be a disservice to designers.

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th June 2022 at 08:42. Reason: Incorporating quote tags for quoted post. Also, some paragraph spacing / minor editing.
4by4 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 20:11   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Coincidentally (or not), the Toyota Hyryder looks like the Perodua X-Concept from KLIMS 2018.

Quote:
Perodua is under Toyota’s umbrella and we already have a Perodua-Daihatsu-Toyota SUV on sale here(Malaysia) in the Ativa.
Quote:
The mysterious B-SUV was said to be 4,320 mm long, 1,770 mm wide and 1,685 tall. That’s about the size of the Hyundai Creta that the Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder will be fighting in India, and a fair bit larger than the Ativa, which is 4,065 mm long and 1,710 mm wide.
Render:
Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-peroduabsegmentsuvdngabrendertheo31200x628.jpg

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-peroduabsegmentsuvdngabrendertheo41200x628.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th June 2022 at 20:21.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed