Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2022, 08:12   #16
BHPian

re: Creta owner gets beaten up by Hyundai dealership personnel

Looks like this guy was thrown a bait by the service manager to come in and have any issues in the car resolved. Once they came in something has happened which is not clear. The dealership should release CCTV footage as to what happened and why this happened. I would say it is foolish on the customer’s part to go to a dealer who has filed a police compliant against you for not taking down the videos.

Coming to Arun Pawar, this guy and his clan of guys are so irritating with the camera on the face. Even when the person objects to filming they get into an altercation. There should be strict laws and guidelines for youtubers. Everyone has a right to object to being filmed. On the pretext of making content they are being a nuisance. If you need to film, youu need to take permission not do things slyly without the other party’s consent.

Kia is much more sensible and have black listed Arun Pawar’s Seltos because he creates videos on their premises and they are not ok with it.

Having said this, violence is the least that someone should resort to and the dealership should come clean by releasing the CCTV footage which would show what transpired.

I have an Elite i20 which went in for 20k service and was not attended to properly. I raised it with Hyundai and they promptly rectified it after multiple visits. I changed the service centre for 30k service and politely informed the previous service centre that they wasted my time and money last time and hence the change. Even if I was to post about the dealer I would post only on tbhp and stick to problems, rather than going into issues like why can't I film etc.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th March 2022 at 08:22. Reason: Minor typos.
samuelv is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 08:58   #17
BHPian

Re: Creta owner gets beaten up by Hyundai dealership personnel

Mods: please add dealership name to the title.

Whatever be the case, violence is unacceptable hence they need to named and shamed, not only Hyundai.
SideView is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 09:35   #18
BHPian

Many car brands bully customers and this is NOT ok. They often choose dealers particularly on basis of them being UHNIs with contacts across the police & political system, to "deal" with "troublesome" customers. That is how the business model works. And in my personal experience in retail, this arrangement is surely required to an extent because there are certain incorrigible people/"customers" who would wrongly misbehave over trivial issues. But the arrangement is not at all meant to cheat, abuse or bully the customer.

Video recording : Sharing ownership experiences on social media is not wrong. Period. Kia dealer is wrong to have apparently filed false allegations in their police complaint against the customer.

Recording the misbehaviour of any brand staff as an act of self defence is fair. Otherwise how else does a customer maintain a record of the events ? Dealers would lure people into disputes in a section where there is no CCTV coverage and if events happen in the office, the dealer could very easily supress any CCTV footage. This is apart from the fact that their footages would not have the Audio recordings.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 15th March 2022 at 09:38.
WorkingGuru is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 10:25   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

We really do not know what happened here. Both should produce sufficient proof here so that justice can be served.

Manhandling a customer is definitely a bad remark on the dealer/brand and Hyundai should definitely investigate.

What he should do is contact Hyundai India with proof and they will take the necessary action instead of trying to increase views/subscribers. I have had a very bad experience at HASS and I reported it and necessary action was taken.

There are numerous so called auto journalists who barge into dealerships and take videos. Most of them won't even ask permission to do so and have seen many dealers asking them not to shoot.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 10:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Whatever the issue, HMIL needs to make sure that "customer facing units" don't treat a customer like they have.

If they wash their hands off this too, then how different are they from the TML dealerships we already know of ?

One of the USPs of Hyundai was its customer service and friendliness. People pay them a premium for the same.
Incidents like this are unacceptable and HMIL has to sort it out with stringent penalties to the dealer just for the reason of violence at premises.

Whose fault was it should be investigated post that.

Else HMIL should deserve a worse rating than just a "hit/miss service" which they have achieved.
Ineffective dealer control should be added to that as well.

Prima Facie seems like Hyundai has enrolled goons as dealers.

Last edited by shancz : 15th March 2022 at 11:07. Reason: ccl
shancz is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 11:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
2) Towards the end of the video, the owner shows some of his attempts to communicate the issue with Hyundai via different platforms for which he gets neglectful replies. If this is true, Hyundai too is to be blamed for their negligence.
This is not suprising. I had attempted to talk to Hyundai a few months ago about variant availability discrepancy and all they did was to direct me back to the dealer. The dealer had no qualms in claiming that any queries or concerns will be redirected by Hyundai to them.
anandmv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 11:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

With waiting periods for cars stretching into years now, dealers are really getting away with everything and anything. They know if not this then that customer is waiting for his car. But this behaviour is expected. What this video shows is really beyond belief if it was truly to just get a bad remark about the car / service off the internet.

I don't think Hyundai is going to give a damn nor will the cops do a thing. Sadly, we have such lame laws and even lamer implementation of what little laws we do have. Really not sure how can you help the owner - guess we can only make sure this thread gets visibility.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 11:42   #23
BHPian

Incidents like this makes me think that the current system of dealerships should be done with. What is the value they are adding anyway in todays age, it is not that we can walk in to a dealership and drive out with a car immediately. They are not keeping any inventory It need to be booked and waited on for weeks or months. The booking process anyway can be done online.

The sales people mostly knows less about the car they are selling than prospective customers who can get almost all information about the car online

Manufacturers should get rid of this system and invest those savings in commision for building company owned and operated service centers with properly trained technicians. Some mechanism for test drive vehicles need to be arranged though

Last edited by castiel : 15th March 2022 at 11:43.
castiel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 12:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by castiel View Post
Manufacturers should get rid of this system and invest those savings in commision for building company owned and operated service centers with properly trained technicians. Some mechanism for test drive vehicles need to be arranged though
Dealing with end customers is the most difficult part in any business. For the Manufacturer the B2B model is far less riskier than the B2C model and it is unlikely for them to ditch the current dealership model. Remember TATA had a company owned service centre, which they had to close down.
sreerknair is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 12:54   #25

It is a clear case of Hooliganism by the Hyundai dealer and HMIL should take them to task.

So far video recording is concerned, there is nothing wrong in it. If we start applying logic of privacy and rights, all the CCTV cameras around us should be removed first.
prabhatmilan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 12:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Seems like the guy got sold a dud. The car seems to have developed issues that can only categorize it as being a lemon. Perhaps the dealership did not want people to know that they had sold such a problematic car to someone and that's why they wanted the videos taken down. Strict action ought to be taken not just for the physical violence but also for the fact that the dealership has given the customer a lemon.
IshaanIan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 13:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I am not trivializing the serious incident, but in my experience the beaten up person might also be the initial aggressor. So, wait till facts come out.
I watched the video - Arun (the youtuber in question) is asking police to source the footage of the waiting area and outside where this happened and examine to see who started it. Looks like he is pretty confident that they did nothing wrong.

Also there is a case were the dealership has filed an FIR earlier relating to complaint where the dealership wants an earlier video to be deleted.

Its not simple as it seems as two FIRs are outstanding - I want this incident to end the nonsense of NO VIDEOGRAPHHY allowed in Car Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Seems like the guy got sold a dud. The car seems to have developed issues that can only categorize it as being a lemon. Perhaps the dealership did not want people to know that they had sold such a problematic car to someone and that's why they wanted the videos taken down. Strict action ought to be taken not just for the physical violence but also for the fact that the dealership has given the customer a lemon.
Possibly - but the car was actually bought from a separate dealership.

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th March 2022 at 13:08. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
arbardhan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 13:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Dealing with end customers is the most difficult part in any business. For the Manufacturer the B2B model is far less riskier than the B2C model and it is unlikely for them to ditch the current dealership model. Remember TATA had a company owned service centre, which they had to close down.
May be they need to be willing to bear such " difficulties". 80% of the problems car owners are facing is due to the ineptitude of Dealers and poor technical knowledge and lack of inventory at dealer owned service centers. It is high time this is changed. It was acceptable in the bygone era but not anymore
castiel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 14:31   #29
BHPian

Just came across this video and its horrible how this dealer had the audacity to beat up a customer and its family.
Hyundai is losing its good image in a hurry for last few months.

Hope the family gets justice and that dealer should be punished with the full extent of the law and Hyundai should sack them immediately.
petrolhead777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 14:35   #30
BANNED

Sad to see this.
I own a Hyundai Accent. My next Car wont be a Hyundai.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My own experience -
1. The service advisor Stands on the head and aggressively questioned why I am giving 3 or 4 star in certain things - why not 5 stars.

2.. The Hyundai customer care calls for feedback. I told them - certain parts were changed, but reason, not properly explained by the SA.
Plus pressuring and arguing with me for additives.

4. The SA calls me and talks in a aggressive, rude and scolding tone.

5. Incident 2 - timing belt changed. The petrol car has excessive vibration, almost diesel engine like. Same SA says it was like this only when you gave it. Finally a mechanic I knew there, rectified it in 3 minutes.

6. I have heard that customers who give "not satisfied" feedback are dealt with, in various tricks, by all SAs.
sinhead is offline   (35) Thanks

Most Viewed