Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2022, 14:25   #61
BHPian

Re: Creta owner gets beaten up by Hyundai dealership personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Seeing reports that the dealership has been shut down. If so, HMIL has been prompt and decisive.
Not surprising. As mentioned, HMIL do not need to pander to dealers too much. And they will act as this tarnishes their brand.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 14:32   #62
BHPian

This reminds me of this one time I went to a VW Dealer in 2016 for the Ameo when it was there. My mother and I were looking for an upgrade from our 14- K10 to a nice spacious sedan.

We had the Zest XT RT, Figo Aspire and the Ameo on our List. We decided to check out the VW Dealer near Sathyam Cinemas, Chennai called VW Mount Road. We walked in, saw the car and so on. When we asked for a test drive, they refused. When we asked for a Quote, they refused, when asked why, they told us in tamil "Sir this is a car for Rich people sir, why don't you go to Maruti and see Wagon R".

I was furious! Just because we had a small car didn't mean we coudln't afford the Ameo. We were even willing to go for the High Line model, had the downpayment money ready for it. We were even dressed aptly!

I wrote a stinker to VW India and after that, my view on Volkswagen was tarnished beyond repair. My Mom was humiliated that he said that in front of other customers! Finally, we decided to stick with our K10 till 2019.

Last edited by Axe77 : 16th March 2022 at 18:33. Reason: Minor typos re capital letters.
IronDrago56 is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 15:44   #63
BANNED

That one get's slapped down at a dealership will usually be the fault of both the parties involved and would have been averted if either of them had chosen to behave like men.

Though this is a serious issue, I would still be knocking at Hyundai, if they offer a VFM pocket rocket like the Figo 1.5D or Ameo 1.5D.

I wouldn't let dealer's or sale people's crankiness deny me the best driving experience at the budget I have set for myself. The person causing us the inconvenience might have been on notice or the dealership might have been getting shut down/sold off. We should not allow their personal circumstance spoil our driving pleasure and safety.

But Hyundai has cooked up a image of playing a middle class guy's, entry-level premium car and will never offer such a VFM piece to Indians for sure, inspite of having the engines and platforms.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 16th March 2022 at 15:47.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 16:00   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Seeing reports that the dealership has been shut down. If so, HMIL has been prompt and decisive.
Is this from the Google Maps screenshots?

Dealership might have updated/just deleted the Google Maps entry due to the barrage of 1* reviews and comments.

Let’s wait to hear for an update from either party.
Dry Ice is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 16:37   #65
BHPian

Speechless, whatever/whoever the reason. Cutting opening someone's face is not something, I would even imagine in a car dealership! Hyundai is at fault as they should have clearly communicated the procedures for all those knowns and unknowns as well to what extent the dealership can go and can not. A police complaint is the maximum they can go.

Video taping is a frequent pain nowadays and I can imagine it is the most irritating thing can happen in one's official work place. But if the dealership does not have a clear rule/some message via poster etc. obviously people who are crazy about recording each and every step of their life moment for whatever reason, will continue to do.

Vloggers has so much pressure to create content, so, they intentionally/unintentionally cross the lines, which puts them in uncomfortable situations like this and still they make money with those situations/videos! The main issue here is that the vlogger damaged the business of the other party by posting the video in Youtube. One's loss is another one's gain here, which kind of provoked further when he continued to do the same thing. So, it is a provocation and things gone out of control. Let us consciously stop this menace of taping everything. Pleasant ones are ok to capture but not each and every move. Especially, avoid taping others as not all want to be an actor for your money making stunts. Let us respect other's privacy. By looking at the videos the issue is not about the car's issues but rather the videos, at least it was my observation, I could be wrong. A new car having problem, a unhappy customer, getting resolved by the dealer in someway is something that happens daily in our forum.

Last edited by Axe77 : 16th March 2022 at 18:41. Reason: Minor typo.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 16:44   #66
BHPian

The Video shows the injured narrating his ordeal but not the actual video of the assault. In my 30+ years of Automobile ownership what I have noticed is dealership personnel just dont start misbehaving with customers let alone beating. There must have been a big argument resulting in the condition the person is in. 2nd side of the coin needs to be known before we comment.
dsuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 17:02   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDrago56 View Post
We decided to check out the VW Dealer near Sathyam Cinemas, Chennai called VW Mount Road. We walked in, saw the car and so on. When we asked for a test drive, they refused. When we asked for a Quote, they refused, when asked why, they told us in tamil "Sir this is a car for Rich people sir, why don't you go to Maruti and see Wagon R"
Should have asked that person how many 'Rich' people had booked the Ameo car, the cheapest(?) offering from VW.

This type of behavior and the one from the video has been put up across manufacturers on this very forum itself. Blaming the manufacturer for the incident might not be right, but once called out, there should be some action from them. After all, they should be a part of your ownership experience.
Old 16th March 2022, 17:37   #68

There is no excuse for this type of violent behavior by the dealership regardless of whatever circumstances may have arisen and Hyundai should immediately take some action. However, that being said it seems hard to believe that there wouldn't have been any grave and sudden provocation to the dealership employees, no human in their sane mind will risk his / her job by causing grievous hurt to a customer whome they probably know has a lot of audience on social media. I know it sounds like am playing the Devil's advocate here but I just want to follow the basic principle of natural justice i:e; Audi Alteram Partem meaning "let the other side be heard as well".
Sudeep Lakhotia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 17:40   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Speechless, whatever/whoever the reason. Cutting opening someone's face is not something, I would even imagine in a car dealership! Hyundai is at fault as they should have clearly communicated the procedures for all those knowns and unknowns as well to what extent the dealership can go and can not. A police complaint is the maximum they can go.
I have to agree. There is also a possibility that this could have been staged. Vloggers do anything for money. Which is really why I never watch any of these amateurs online. If I want to experience owning a car, I'd buy it for myself and not some drama master.

Not saying that this was also wrong if this is true. Like many have said, Hyundai's standards are dropping to Maruti's level, but at least Maruti has a decent customer service network. I personally feel, Hyundai is just gauging the middle man. Just look at the Santro! Ill equipped and has less value priced more than the Celerio. I've heard that some HML Dealerships are below par in Chennai as well.

Mod Note:

Dear BHPian,

1. Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

2. There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.
Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Thanks

Last edited by Axe77 : 16th March 2022 at 18:41. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please also see Mod Note above.
Old 16th March 2022, 18:25   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmv View Post
This is not suprising. I had attempted to talk to Hyundai a few months ago about variant availability discrepancy and all they did was to direct me back to the dealer. The dealer had no qualms in claiming that any queries or concerns will be redirected by Hyundai to them.
This was the attitude that turned people off Škoda and made people bang their heads
Old 16th March 2022, 18:51   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmv View Post
This is not suprising. I had attempted to talk to Hyundai a few months ago about variant availability discrepancy and all they did was to direct me back to the dealer. The dealer had no qualms in claiming that any queries or concerns will be redirected by Hyundai to them.
The standard complaint redressal system for almost all OEMs is to reroute the complaint to the dealership customer relationship manager.

At best, there is a external outsourced call center like Concentrix which receives the customer call and follows up with the customer until there is a resolution from the dealership.

In my experience, only in the rarest of cases does the OEM itself ever interact with the customer.
sf71hvettel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 20:01   #72
BHPian

I am in no way supporting Hyundai and I honestly feel the dealership needs to be cancelled. There's a saying that only two hands can clap. Which means that Arun Panwar's side (I personally feel Arun Panwar to be better than that Musafir fellow whos Channel is full of C***) also must have done something to infuriate the staff. Let me tell you nowdays the 19,20s something youtubers are creating "car review" channels and they are getting views and subscribers after which they think they have achieved everything in life and they own the place. Everything they are posting on YouTube except for them taking a morning dump. Slightest mistake and they threaten the opposite party that they are going to post the video on YouTube. These "kids" have a lot to go.
Azalactone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 20:04   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Is this from the Google Maps screenshots?

Dealership might have updated/just deleted the Google Maps entry due to the barrage of 1* reviews and comments.

Let’s wait to hear for an update from either party.
Exactly, Think that's the case. All last 5-10 reviews are one star so most probably dealer principle themselves went ahead and marked it as closed. Some enterprising folks still went ahead and renamed it to add "gangster".

Creta owner gets beaten up by Hyundai dealership personnel-screenshot-20220316-195957.jpg
.sushilkumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 20:04   #74

I've experienced Re-routing to dealer for any issues reported to company by Chevrolet, Hyundai and Volkswagen. So not sure if it's unique to Hyundai.

I don't think Hyundai is better than brands with a bad reputation for customer service.

Way back in 2007, a Hyundai dealer refused to give me a test drive (I was young, and went to dealership in shorts), and I ended up with a Chevrolet.

I tried again in early 2015 with a different dealership, and opted for a Hyundai in spite of less than stellar dealership experience, because it was one of the very few proper Automatic cars available for less than 9L, and I made it a point to dress better.

The car itself performs well, and I did not need to visit Service Center except first 3-4 services.
Youngindus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 20:47   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf71hvettel View Post
The standard complaint redressal system for almost all OEMs is to reroute the complaint to the dealership customer relationship manager.

At best, there is a external outsourced call center like Concentrix which receives the customer call and follows up with the customer until there is a resolution from the dealership.

In my experience, only in the rarest of cases does the OEM itself ever interact with the customer.
I get that. In my case, the query was why a variant (i20 Sportz iMT) shows up on their Click to Buy portal, shows up on their brochure but the dealer insisted that Hyundai no longer manufactures that variant.
All I wanted was some sort of confirmation from Hyundai about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks