Looks like the issue has been sorted by the dealer and Hyundai India

samuelv is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 21:25   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Creta owner gets beaten up by Hyundai dealership personnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelv View Post
  • Dealership owner and someone from Hyundai (designation not mentioned) have apologized for the incident
  • Concerned employees have been let go
  • Compensated for damaged phones
  • Issues rectified
  • Uploader requests people to not make further videos on this matter (possibly a nudge from the dealership and Hyundai)
  • No mention of the police case (possibly withdrawn)
Dry Ice is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 21:32   #78
Senior - BHPian

Many car and other vehicle dealerships in India, apart from direct factory showrooms or those owned by reputed corporates, are owned and operated by politically connected thugs. We should choose wisely.
Gansan is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 21:44   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Many car and other vehicle dealerships in India, apart from direct factory showrooms or those owned by reputed corporates, are owned and operated by politically connected thugs. We should choose wisely.
This was my first thought. This is a very common scenario in Bangalore. Buyer Beware.

At least, the victim is compensated for and issued apologies. Hopefully, there ends the matter.
Mafia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 22:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
This was my first thought. This is a very common scenario in Bangalore. Buyer Beware.

At least, the victim is compensated for and issued apologies. Hopefully, there ends the matter.
Not just Bengaluru, all vehicle showrooms (at least 4 wheeler) across India are run by people with some connection to politicians. How do you think politicians make /launder money!?
If they're not well connected, they'll simply drown in a few months unable to sustain the ever fluctuating business model
Simha.k is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 23:08   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
  • Dealership owner and someone from Hyundai (designation not mentioned) have apologized for the incident
  • Concerned employees have been let go
  • Compensated for damaged phones
  • Issues rectified
  • Uploader requests people to not make further videos on this matter (possibly a nudge from the dealership and Hyundai)
  • No mention of the police case (possibly withdrawn)
The issue has been mutually sorted between the two parties, so I don't expect any more details coming out in public domain. True chain of events will never be known.

Hyundai took the right step to sort this out, though it should have been done sooner. I hope dealer principles across the country are also given stern message to prevent any recurrence.

Thanks to the youtuber for highlighting the incident and getting 'justice' to the 'victims'; and at the same time getting subscribers, views for himself. If it wasn't for his popularity in local viewers, this incident might not have garnered enough attention.
AutoNoob is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 23:35   #82
BHPian

A person buying a car from a dealer of Hyundai should take mandatory personal accident/injury cover along with the new car insurance;-)
sameer sultan is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 23:49   #83
BHPian

This issue was sorted only because this guy has 1.32 million subscribers.
Bad publicity is the only thing which can make things work in our country, be it politics or automobiles.
The compensation would be peanuts for the showroom owner and I doubt the staff would have been terminated, they would have been moved to another location.
Police case would be closed my mutual agreement amongst parties with some "seva pani" from showroom owner.
Had this incident been occurred with a normal person, the showroom owner and Hyundai India would have never cared to contact him.
PraNeel is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 05:41   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/j0BJEKEzYNY
Suddenly both dealer and Hyundai are like god figures
All’s well that ends well or atleast that looks ended well

Last edited by sunikkat : 17th March 2022 at 05:42.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 07:09   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I can understand your plight but please don't do away with a manufacturer because of a sub-standard dealership or service experience. Switch to another service center in your town, escalate the issue to the higher-ups in the chain, spread the word around, post it on Team BHP, raise hell but don't give up on a manufacturer just yet.

We've seen instances in the forum from almost all car manufacturers:

1. Maruti's fake service on a Baleno RS caught on the dashcam - link
While I some what agree with the saying - do not miss the forest for its tress - however it is hard to let go off biases. When it comes to certain manufacturers, they have a strong desire to satisfy the customer. I had 2 such instances with Maruti. My 1st car was a used Maruti Ritz in 2012. I got it from Maruti True Value dealer. The RC book was taking longer than usual, and I just dropped an email to Maruti Customer care. I was not even expecting any response from Maruti, however, they not only called me, they were also on the dealers case. RC book came within a week.

Not only that, fast forward 2016 (I think), I had decided to sell my Honda City after having driven Figo Diesel. I just loved it so much, that I just wanted it. However, just to make sure that I had all the options covered I took a test drive of SCross 1.6. I wasn't sure if I liked it as much as the Figo, but I still went ahead and paid a deposit of Rs.10,000.

Eventually I went with the heart and brought the Figo and requested Nexa dealer to cancel my booking and refund the deposit. The refund didn't come to my account for 4 days, and I just called Maruti Customer Care. A representative from Nexa dealer came to my home next day with the cheque.

This is the kind of experiences that I had with Maruti, and a Maruti will always be on my shopping list whenever I am shopping for a car in India.

Last edited by Mr.Ogre : 17th March 2022 at 07:12.
Mr.Ogre is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 09:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

This culture of "overgeneralization" has increased with the advent of social media. People think its their bounden duty to enlighten everyone across the country and create a hype around such issues particularly.
Does one bad dealer make the entire brand a villain ? In the same vein, does one bad act by an Indian citizen paint the entire country so? Why do we protest when unsavory articles are written by various media and agencies about the law and order, socio economic conditions in India?
There are bad and good apples in every basket. One's personal decision to buy a particular car is based on one's needs, not on some over-generalized sentiment borne out of a particular experience of someone else a thousand km away. I think we should focus on specific issues that may arise in certain cars and the remedial solutions provided by the OEM, rather than behavioural issues and customer orientation. Because even in the best of dealerships, the general knowledge particularly of the sales staff, is extremely poor. All they know is to land a deal for a customer. And most cars today are reliable enough not to warrant service for more than twice a year. The chance of regular customer interaction itself is very low.
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 10:18   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post

I'd like Hyundai India and JMV Hyundai to show the other side of the story by releasing the CCTV footage from the service center without editing anything to show what really happened.

Still a No from my end for a Korean car regardless of this video, till they come clean with the NCAP ratings and mentioning all the technical specifications to the T in their brochures.
The fact that they have not released the videos till now, isn’t that proof enough about who was at fault?

If the dealership wasn’t at fault, the first they would have done to defend themselves was releasing the footage.
Pancham is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 10:48   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
The fact that they have not released the videos till now, isn’t that proof enough about who was at fault?

If the dealership wasn’t at fault, the first they would have done to defend themselves was releasing the footage.
I get it but we need to let the other party speak up as well. Seeing only one side of the story isn't sufficient. No matter what, Hyundai and the dealer owe an explanation at least. That's the minimum they can do IMO to save their PR at least.
Old 17th March 2022, 12:00   #89
Senior - BHPian

The matter has been expeditiously settled with the aggrieved party, Mr. Ajit Panwar, by the owner of the dealership JMV Hyundai and Hyundai India.

They have profusely apologized to the aggrieved party. The concerned staff has been terminated. The cost of broken phone/s has been reimbursed.

The aggrieved party has agreed to let it pass. Though I do hope that the perpetrators will be punished under relevant sections of IPC.

The above update is from today.

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 17th March 2022 at 12:04.
Ricky_63 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 13:10   #90
Senior - BHPian

Good to read.

Form the beginning, this Creta guy as a customer has not been standoff-ish, or overtly particular, or caustically critical to pretentiously show off his sophistication. He actually seems to have been quite reasonable with his experience. His videos had millions of views, so it's quite likely the negative PR which made the dealer reconcile.

I'm yet to see any industry where an aggrieved customer is so very forgiving after being beaten black and blue to bleed, all with just a "profuse apology", job termination of the offenders & refund of the cost of a broken phone. Not at all implying that they've been paid off, just wondering what persuasion skills the dealers employ.
GrammarNazi is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks