Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2022, 14:36   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Creta owner gets beaten up by Hyundai dealership personnel

^^ Mailed fist in a velvet glove, would be my guess. The customer must be afraid. He is under some constraint.

I wonder if the dealer fellow will accept if someone roughs him up till he bleeds, breaks his phone, then apologizes to him and replaces the phone?
Gansan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 14:49   #92
BHPian

OTT - I once entered the Hyundai showroom with my dad (on the bike, as our Maruti-800 stolen last night), my dad carries his credit card and cheque book to buy a car on the spot (yeah golden days, those times you can but car without waiting period), but no one care to talk to us even after repeated nudges from us, finally we lost our patience and walk into Maruti showroom and end up buying Zen on same day; Fast forward to 5-7 years, we are again looking for car change and entered the Hyundai showroom to buy Verna but same treatment served to us from different outlet (I think it's run in their vein), we end up buying Sx4 from Maruti. - which still serving us great!!
Sach_511 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 15:03   #93
BANNED

Afer going through this whole thread (video 1 & 2) the takeaway for me remains unchanged. Keep safe distance from Hyundai (and not just its dealers) since their attitude clearly shows what is evident - that for them Indians are peasants and offerring them Hyundai cars is akin to that old Hindi adage "Bandar ke gale mey motiyon ka har".
shashanka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 15:03   #94
Senior - BHPian

Here's a customer who did not deserve what happened and then there's THIS guy!

I may be wrong but doesn't this kind of customer deserve at least a teeny tiny smack at the back of the head.

Gentleman has uploaded around 10 videos on the same topic and he gets more irritating with each video. I'm not siding with the dealer but this guy could use a visit to JMV Hyundai maybe.
fine69 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 18:28   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I wonder if the dealer fellow will accept if someone roughs him up till he bleeds, breaks his phone, then apologizes to him and replaces the phone?
Bullseye
Whenever dealing with such topics, using the reverse logic makes things very clear.
Big shots/brands create a blunder, then settle but what would they have done if the places were switched really puts things into perspective.
shancz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 00:44   #96
BHPian

One more case of caught red handed while replacing good parts with bad ones.
Hyundai India is on a roll must say

PraNeel is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 02:05   #97
BHPian

Let's see how Hyundai reacts on this after the recent Kashmir controversy, meanwhile Maruti will be happy after all these controversies.
Recent Hyundai cars have this AC problem in common, their complete lineup has AC problems, not only the Creta. I never took interest in Hyundai and in future also I'm never going to buy Hyundai car. The only Hyundai car I liked was the last gen i20 which is now spoiled by the current one. Hyundai's design language is a disaster nowadays.
BMW_Fan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 08:36   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
One more case of caught red handed while replacing good parts with bad ones.
Hyundai India is on a roll must say

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=hJar...=TechnicalGyan
I find the guy extremely shady!
First of all, he has the "Paid Subscriber" concept, none of his videos has enough views especially when his subscriber lists seems to be a couple of Lakhs. Furthermore, rather than anything else, it's pure click bait stuff and criticizing of cars. Also, I don't know if you guys have noticed the trend here but if 1 Youtuber, posts about a particular issue or some on that scale, most other follows the same with their own experiences criticizing but none the less, I have always taken such activity with a pinch of salt and will continue to do so though there needs to be strict laws for defamation as this is something extremely serious if not proven guilty and heavily damages a brand image for click bait. The worst hit generally are the dealers as they're the ones who comes in the cross fire first.
YashD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 12:21   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Many car and other vehicle dealerships in India, apart from direct factory showrooms or those owned by reputed corporates, are owned and operated by politically connected thugs. We should choose wisely.
A similar incident was about to happen to me. I narrowly escaped by paying 2500 bucks to the goon.

Though little off topic, but it would be worth mentioning here about my experience with an employee of such a dealership in Guwahati. I was victim of a road rage with a senior employee (as per his words) of the Mahindra dealership located at Walford, GS Road, Guwahati.

This happened outside the dealership, and the dealership is not directly connected to this. However, this incident will show what kind of people find jobs there, and hold good positions there.

This person was well dressed as a corporate executive should be, but had a ruffian look to his face. He had hit my car from the back in a crowded crossing at Ganeshguri (3 minutes walking distance from the said dealership). There was a minor scratch in his front bumper. However, using his muscle power and ruffian attitude, he and his accomplice robbed out of me the 2500 bucks that I had in me. I was outnumbered and could not do anything. I didn't press a police complaint as I wanted to move on and get on with my life. But now I regret that decision not to file an FIR, because this thing has been troubling my mind for sometime.

Before this incident, I had gone to the same dealership to checkout the new Thar. Now I am worried to visit that dealer again, considering the kind of people that work there.

Dealerships as a business require huge capital, and maybe some people with shady backgrounds and political influences have the ability to invest such an amount. And the excecutives in top positions might feel they are protected because of that connection of their boss.

We should not generalise this though, because there are more nice people in dealerships than these kind of goondas. Bad people exist everywhere, not only in car dealerships.
BhaskarG is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2022, 20:05   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
  • Dealership owner and someone from Hyundai (designation not mentioned) have apologized for the incident
  • Concerned employees have been let go
  • Compensated for damaged phones
  • Issues rectified
  • Uploader requests people to not make further videos on this matter (possibly a nudge from the dealership and Hyundai)
  • No mention of the police case (possibly withdrawn)
In my honest opinion this is very lame settlement. Customer was beaten to bleed in the showroom so directly dealer and indirectly Hyundai is responsible for that. No monetary compensation for that from dealer or Hyundai? What if this customer had gone to court to claim heavy compensation for the physical injury?

And I don't understand why police case was withdrawn? Let the culprits go to jail so that they will think twice before hitting someone in future.

At least dealer would have offered some free services as a goodwill gesture.

Last edited by IP_Man : 18th March 2022 at 20:09. Reason: additional point
IP_Man is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 00:16   #101
BHPian

Like a lot of bhpian's already mentioned, the dealerships are often by very small group of people(can we call them syndicate), it's a common sight to see dealerships of different brand with same owners. Which makes them judge and jury of customer experience. The showroom staff don't care about the officials from manufacturer, because the volume of the business these dealerships generate kind of make them irreplaceable. (mostly outside of metros).

Waiting for the day when like Tesla and Ola Scooter's all manufacturer's will cut tie with the middle man and offer direct delivery.

As a customer I'll have direct company employee answerable to me.
ambarkhan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 15:50   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Very possible. But couldn't the dealer have just called the cops? The dealer will obviously be a known person in that locality, so the advantage will be on his side. If the client is misbehaving, just call the cops instead of getting your staff to beat him up. Is that too much to expect from someone representing a big brand?

That's called justifying the violence. And this sort of thinking is used to justify a lot of actions that are clearly defined legally as crimes.
Violence in situations like these is usually not planned and is led by people who have poor control over their brains and nerves. Who is to say that the YouTuber himself didn't raise his hand first and when faced with an unfavourable outcome, used his social media clout to get the upper hand?

I am not justifying violence but simply saying that you can't clap with just one hand. If Arun or his mates had any role in inciting this whole thing then in addition to the dealer, they should also face proper action.

Being a social media creator and holding a camera in everyone's face gives a few people a sense of entitlement, making them believe they should be given preferential treatment over other customers which is quite evident from his earlier videos.

I don't own a Hyundai but many of my family members are loyal Hyundai customers and they have good experiences from their dealers as well. The overgeneralization of a certain brand based on one incident feels like an overreaction but then, this is just my personal view and everyone else is entitled to have their own as well.
unknownartist01 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 17:04   #103
BHPian

I read some questioning about why hold the company responsible for bad behaviour of the dealer. I remember that in the company I worked in - was the first company manufacturing commercial explosives in India, appointing a dealer was a major task. It was not left to the General Manager alone but was finally approved by a Director. The dealer is the company's face to the customer. You cannot afford to put someone who has a reputation which you might not have unearthed at the time of appointment of the dealer. The behaviour of the dealer reflects immediately on the company and Hyundai should be ashamed of doing such a shoddy job!

Last edited by ashokabs : 20th March 2022 at 17:06. Reason: Error in punctuation
ashokabs is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks