Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2007, 03:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Any News of an updated Adventure

Before we get Linea and all that, I think its the Adventure that needs a rethink or freshening. It has always been a brilliant product which has always suffered negligence or intra company product rivalry. However there is no denying the fact that, it still remains the package to have in India, maybe with a new diesel engine (to appeal to the masses). Pricing wise it already is great VFM and it also has the petrol engine we all love so much.

So given that, the Stile is out, would we see some of its body panels and lights migrate to the Adventure?
Old 9th June 2007, 06:29   #2

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

a mechanic at vivek automobiles(fiat) told me that fiat has discontinued the siena/petra and the adventure.
Old 9th June 2007, 08:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

What I have heard is Fiat has not decided on Petra but they will continue Adventure with some upgrade very soon. But agian its difficult to predict about Fiat.

No official news about Petra / Advneture I feel all thbese news what I heard either from some auto mag. or word of mouth which is difficult to trust.

Many have comfirmed Linea is coming in 1 year.

I personally feel with Fiat and Tata tie up here is what they will do->

Tata 1 lakh car -> AT, Petrol, Diesel
Palio -> Petrol, Not sure about Diesel
Grand Punto -> Diesel, Not sure About Petrol
Indica -> Diesel
Indigo -> Diesel
Adventure -> Petrol/Diesel
Linea -> Petrol/Diesel
Sumo,Safari -> Diesel

This should be dream lineup for TAT-FIAT, If they make the line up like this I am sure Advneture will see increase in sales. What I suggest is I wish they come up with all the above models in both Petrol and Diesel, then only buyer will be pelased to see many options.

Ex-> I liked Adventure wanted to buy it for my family members If it had Diesel option. I liked Indigo but if TATA has good Petrol engine I would have baught it. So providing both Petrol and Diesel for any car will help to increase the car sales.

Regards.,

Ravi.
Old 9th June 2007, 11:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

With Fiat you never know, they may launch the Adventure with the Stile's 1.1L engine!

But yea, the adventure with the MJD will surely make a very good car to buy despite the M800 competing interiors!. If they launch it with the new and latest interiors with the 1.3 VGT 90bhp engine mated to a 6 speed MT for about Rs. 8.5 lacs then it would be one hell of a buy but then that will never happen.

What I feel is we should Fiat a rest now. Point is they are either not media savy or are holding their future plans locked away in some Italian safe or maybe they are at a too early a stage to make any announcements......no one really knows but one thing thats sure is that they have new products and new engines lined up and we will see a lot of action from Fiat in 2008. ACI reported that once the new engine shop starts at their new plant, they would start making the 1.4 Petrol engine. Which cars would get that engine, no one knows. ACI thinks the new Indica will get it but I don't think so because Tata has it's own engines to choose from. In Europe, the 1.4 petrol powers the GP and is rated at 77bhp if I am right. So the GP and Linea will surely get the 1.4 power.

Currently, I think they are concentrating on improving the number of dealerships and the after sales service expereince for customers, and if they are really doing that, then I think they are on the right track. Palio will not sell in India no matter what they do. Lets accept that ( I think Fiat already has), the car has garnered, deservingly or otherwise, a lot of negitivism and the Palio brand will never take off in India. Hopefully they shouldn't murder the GP and Linea like they murdered the Uno and Palio. Knowing Fiat it's a tough call but for the sake of the Indian car market and the Indian car buyer, I hope they pull it off.

Bottom line is give Fiat a rest. There will be a lot of action from Fiat in 2008 and we will have a lot of chance to praise or critise them then.
Old 9th June 2007, 14:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I personally feel with Fiat and Tata tie up here is what they will do->

Tata 1 lakh car -> AT, Petrol, Diesel
Palio -> Petrol, Not sure about Diesel
Grand Punto -> Diesel, Not sure About Petrol
Indica -> Diesel
Indigo -> Diesel
Adventure -> Petrol/Diesel
Linea -> Petrol/Diesel
Sumo,Safari -> Diesel

Regards.,

Ravi.
Man, TATA-FIAT should hire you as an arbitrator for launching product lines, You have drawn the most fair deal for both the manufacturers..

Also, i agree that the Indigo Marina should be phased out simply because it is not selling in numbers and Adventure Diesel can provide the required numbers.. Similarly, Indigo is getting the numbers that Petra is not, so discontinue the Petra.. Good strategy !!

Cheers,
Manish
Old 9th June 2007, 20:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With Fiat you never know, they may launch the Adventure with the Stile's 1.1L engine
Then it will surely be a adventure for the owner to get it moving
Old 10th June 2007, 19:51   #7
BHPian

with new updates in Adventure they will increase the price and discounts will also be less, it will loose on VFM factor then
Old 11th June 2007, 12:44   #8
BHPian

Hi all,

There is no new look adventure in plans. As of now it's 1.1 & 1.6 Stile only.
Old 11th June 2007, 14:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
What I feel is we should Fiat a rest now. Point is they are either not media savy or are holding their future plans locked away in some Italian safe
Maybe we should do an "Italian Job" and steal the safe .. Of course, we get to use the "underpowered" 1.1 Stile instead of the fab Rover Minis..
Old 11th June 2007, 17:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Maybe we should do an "Italian Job" and steal the safe .. Of course, we get to use the "underpowered" 1.1 Stile instead of the fab Rover Minis..
Do that and you will get caught by our cops. On foot
Old 11th June 2007, 19:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
Also, i agree that the Indigo Marina should be phased out simply because it is not selling in numbers
Ironically thats the best looker of the entire Indica/Indigo range.

Most Viewed