Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India rolls out the 50,000th Magnite

Nissan India today rolled out its 50,000th Nissan Magnite from the Renault Nissan Automotive India Pvt Ltd (RNAIPL) plant in Chennai.

- Make in India, Make for the World" SUV is being exported to 15 global markets.
- Nissan Magnite receives 100,000 plus customer bookings in domestic & export markets
- Global NCAP 4 stars safety rating in the adult occupant protection category

Nissan India rolls out the 50,000th Magnite-smartselect_20220322112717_chrome.jpg

Nissan India rolls out the 50,000th Magnite-smartselect_20220322112706_chrome.jpg

Nissan India rolls out the 50,000th Magnite-smartselect_20220322112728_chrome.jpg

Magnite was the first global product to launch under the Nissan NEXT transformation plan to deliver lasting value to the customers.

Press Release

Last edited by Venkatesh : 22nd March 2022 at 11:33.
Venkatesh is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:56   #2
BHPian

Re: Nissan India rolls out the 50,000th Magnite

What a turn around!
So glad Nissan is picking themselves up instead of giving up.

Magnite does +/- 2500 units a month in India. Fairly decent numbers.
omranga98 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 17:56   #3
BHPian

Superb numbers the Magnite is producing, Really Happy that Nissan is surviving in India,

They should launch a celebration edition with 4 Airbags (Renault Kiger has 4 Airbags) and may be add some more equipment, at this price point it definitely is one of the most VFM cars being sold in India right now.
JShah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 20:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant!!! Kudos to Nissan for not giving up and coming out all guns blazing.

Magnite came in to a segment which was already overcrowded but managed to create a niche for itself(Great Engine-transmission combo, Safety & VFM-pricing). Here's hoping this success gives Nissan much needed confidence to roll out more cars for Indian market.
SoumenD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 20:49   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Great show, by a really practical car. But I wonder where they are all going? I have hardly seen any Magnites in Pune at all. At least some Kigers here and there (still very few) but the number of Magnites in my nick of the woods really is low. Looks like the Nissan market is established in specific pockets of the country/states. Of course it will also depend on the availability of nearby dealerships and service stations.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 08:05   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations to the Magnite & to Nissan! As they say, there is no problem in the automotive industry that a good car cannot solve. Nissan had absolutely nothing going for it = rotten brand, rotten dealers, rotten after-sales, rotten product line-up. I had started a deathwatch thread on the company (Nissan India Deathwatch - Will Nissan exit India?).

It's still not out of trouble though. One car isn't enough to run a company, and Nissan India needs to back the Magnite up with another popular product or 2. It is literally a one-car company right now (the other product is the Kicks which is almost RIP).

I like the Magnite for its VFM pricing, smooth CVT in a sea of AMTs, funky styling, peppy 1.0L turbo-petrol and brilliant space packaging. The other hero is Rakesh Srivastava; he should've been the one holding the celebratory flag in the pictures, not Kapil Dev.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2022 at 08:07.
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:23   #7
BHPian

Magnite in black looks absolutely stunning. I see one parked at a place on my daily commute route and it always makes my head turn. Definitely quite a turnaround for Nissan. But now is high time they need to bring in a couple more accompaniments for the Magnite. If tomorrow any other manufacturer brings something that leads to sales fall for the Magnite, the entire company is in danger suddenly (Expecting updated Brezza and UC to bring that bloodbath in the market).

Even Renault has 3 cars in its stable that sell decently.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 12:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

It's marvellous to see Nissan's turnaround with the Magnite. Anyone would've bet they would have packed their bags and left after discontinuing the Sunny and Micra (like Fiat did with the Punto and Linea). The Magnite's price tag at launch probably helped, but what helps is that its compromises are less subtle and are in areas different from the Datsun twins. It says 'value' but not 'cheap', something Nissan did well to realise. The Magnite, IMO, is exactly what an "India-strategic product" should be. A friend who's a first-time driver recently got a Magnite with the CVT, and I really couldn't find anything that would be a deal-breaker in the segment. Add to that it gets ESC and a four-star Global NCAP adult protection rating, a combination you won't find elsewhere at the price. And little things like wireless CarPlay, and the fancy instrument cluster.

That impending 7-seater Magnite had better come soon, and hopefully Nissan spawns a lot more products off this platform. As a brand-building exercise the Magnite has worked really well, and perhaps a C3-rivalling hatchback and corresponding small sedan would make it more complete.
ron178 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 12:38   #9
BHPian

Notwithstanding Nissan's production achievement, it desperately needs to get its act in place as far as after sales is concerned. Service is still a massive question mark for Nissan. Lately, Nissan has upped the ante but a lot still needs to be done if it has to survive and sustain it's presence in the very competitive passenger vehicle market that is India.
Old 25th March 2022, 17:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
But I wonder where they are all going? I have hardly seen any Magnites in Pune at all.
Same thought here. Udupi is a small town compared to Pune. But I don’t see a single Magnite here. There is one in Manipal which is KL registered. On the other hand, there are so many Kigers running around. Renault has a dealer both in Udupi and Mangalore while Nissan has none, not even in Mangalore. The one that was in Mangalore closed after Nissan’s earlier debacle.
While congratulations are in order, they still have some way to go.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 18:11   #11
BANNED

Even the place they are having dealers, its worst that TaMo... I have to followup 2 weeks calling different numbers to get a test drive.. Now had to get some details on waiting period etc.. Same, still calling them again and again, no luck so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks