Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2022, 17:45   #91
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Looks really good.

Monocoque chassis is a good upgrade.

But, FWD may not be good as it will suffer on mountain roads.
autoholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 10:21   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabbyG View Post
T
When Innova Crysta was in the 30L OTR range, Fortuner was in 40L OTR, and now Fortuner being in the 50L OTR, they might push the bar here as well. Or would they keep this in the price point of current Innova Crysta and make the Crysta Diesel unit much costlier, in the 40L OTR.
I think that the top end for the next gen Innova will cross 40 for sure with the base variant at 35 OTR.
Old 26th August 2022, 11:41   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoon View Post
It seems like Avanza which is sold if South East Asia,

Avanza is not Innova or Innova segment, it comes with 1.5L engine in 4.4M format
It will be competing against Ertiga / Carens
I doubt it can carry reliable badge of original Innova which is capable to do 3L / 4L /5L /6L kms comfortably with minimal cost of ownership

4.4M MPV is an attractive segment, well built reliable product will serve users with large family and commercial (yellow board) demand will move form Innova to Hycross

But discontinuing Innova Crysta will leave a void in the premium proper 7 seater segment which Hycross / Avanza will never be able to fill.
I don't Toyota will launch Avenza. It makes more sense to rebadge XL6 than to invest in a similar product.
lionheart_mm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 12:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

For its use case as an executive fleet car, it begs for a monocoque chassis with slightly lower stance, less agricultural drivetrain (even if it means FWD) so as to compete in the true sense with the Kia Carnival.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 14:25   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
less agricultural drivetrain (even if it means FWD) so as to compete in the true sense with the Kia Carnival.
Recently took an Innova Crysta diesel through Revv and holding the gear lever actually gave me tractor vibes with incredible vibration.

I have a 10-year-old i10 and the gear lever has no vibrations whatsoever, I was shocked at this experience in a supposedly premium MPV.
shyampsunder is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 14:36   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Recently took an Innova Crysta diesel through Revv and holding the gear lever actually gave me tractor vibes with incredible vibration.

I have a 10-year-old i10 and the gear lever has no vibrations whatsoever, I was shocked at this experience in a supposedly premium MPV.
The gearlever you are holding is mounted directly on the transmission. No cable or anything to absorb the vibrations.

Miss a gear and you may just hear a krr sound in that i10. Miss a gear in the Innova and your whole body will shiver.
DicKy is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 18:40   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Some variant and estimated prices have been leaked for the Innova HyCross (Innova Zenix) in Indonesia.

- To get G gasoline, G hybrid, V gasoline, V hybrid, and Q hybrid. (Replace that Q for Z in India)

- To get Toyota Safety Sense in Indonesia (will be skipped for India considering other more expensive Toyota cars in India don’t get it).

- Most important aspect: Pricing.
Price will see a significant jump compared to the Crysta.

According to an Indonesian source:
Quote:
Major changes to the new Innova have resulted in a very significant price increase. Still information from the same source, for non-hybrid gasoline types, the difference in the price of the old and new type G gasoline is IDR 40 million, while the difference between the old and new type V gasoline is around IDR 60 million.

Then in the hybrid type, the G hybrid type is only IDR 24 million more expensive than the current G diesel type, but in the V hybrid type, the price difference soars to 90 million IDR compared to the diesel engine. Then the type Q hybrid is Rp. 100 million more expensive than the current Diesel Venturer.
https://www.autofun.co.id/berita/toy...harganya-53132
CEF_Beasts is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 17:35   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota's MPV for Indonesia:

Quote:
important information related to the latest Toyota Kijang Innova which uses the name 'Zenix' behind it.
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-innovazenix860x474.jpg

Quote:
Toyota Kijang Innova Zenix will have a world premiere in Indonesia in November, and followed in India a week later.
- Toyota Kijang Innova Zenix will come in 2 engine options, namely a 2,000cc gasoline engine and a 2,000cc Hybrid gasoline engine.

-All New Toyota Avanza and Veloz which have been transformed into FWD and monocoques

- Toyota Kijang Innova Zenix will be built on the same TNGA-C base as its boxy sibling, the Toyota Voxy

- Engines used will be the same, namely the M20A-FKS and M20A-FXE for the hybrid version

- Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) 3.0 will also be given in the highest type toyota Kijang Innova Zenix.

- Toyota Kijang Innova Zenix will be presented with 3 trim options, namely G, V and Q. Type G will be the only type that has 2 engine options, gasoline and hybrid.

- Toyota Kijang Innova Zenix gasoline 2.0 G will be priced above 400 million Rupiah (~ INR 22 lakhs)

- Toyota Kijang Innova Zenix will not fill the vacant position between the Toyota Veloz and Toyota Kijang Innova IMV, but create its own land.

- G Hybrid type likely to be priced below 500 million even though it is likely to be above 450 million Rupiah. (INR 24 - 27 lakhs)

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th September 2022 at 17:41.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 18:01   #99
BHPian

Oh, so the Toyota HyCross Hybrid = Front wheel drive + monocoque + petrol hybrid.
Well well well, then that's a predictable recipe. XL6 + Hyryder's power train
wild child is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 10:10   #100
BHPian

Am I the only one left feeling confused by all the Toyota marketing jargon? Why's it such a ridiculous affair to name a car variant these days?
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 10:28   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Why's it such a ridiculous affair to name a car variant these days?
Car names have always been ridiculous, for example Isuzu MU-X "MU" stands for Mysterious Utility, first seen on the Isuzu Mysterious Utility Wizard

This time around it kinda makes sense Toyota Innova Zenix - Innovation at its Peak, or Toyota Innova HyCross - Hybrid Crossover an upgrade to the traditional body-on-frame Innova.
Old 6th September 2022, 11:52   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Oh, so the Toyota HyCross Hybrid = Front wheel drive + monocoque + petrol hybrid.
Well well well, then that's a predictable recipe. XL6 + Hyryder's power train
Innova is Toyota's bread winner model in India. I don't think Toyota will be stupid to do that. My guess is that this is going to be a proper Toyota with a proper hybrid integration ( unlike the hyryder )
amalji is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 12:51   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
My guess is that this is going to be a proper Toyota with a proper hybrid integration ( unlike the hyryder )
Amalji, please help us understand what is a "proper" Toyota and what is a "proper" hybrid. And what takes away the "proper" tag from HyRyder?
Old 6th September 2022, 13:16   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Amalji, please help us understand what is a "proper" Toyota and what is a "proper" hybrid. And what takes away the "proper" tag from HyRyder?
It basically means that the Innova HyCross is a ground’s up Toyota unlike the HyRyder that sits on a Suzuki chassis and Maruti parts with hybrid tech and engine from Toyota (Strong Hybrid)
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 13:29   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Help "us" ? Should have said help "me" understand.

A "proper" Toyota is a car designed and manufactured by Toyota for Toyota. Example for a "proper" hybrid will be drivetrains from the new City, Hyrider etc. Not sure if this was so difficult to understand. But ya, this is it....

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 6th September 2022 at 13:31.
DieselAddikt is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed