Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 17:02   #211
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

IMO, it is a please all design and unmistakably recognisable as Innova with evolutionary approach. This works for Toyota to keep the appeal in brand.

I am interested is looking at engine performance and responsiveness with full load of passengers, Air-Conditioning and luggage across rpm range. 2.4 diesel is very good at low-mid rpm, no matter luggage and passenger load or uphill inclines. If the hybrid is able to carry on with this trait of effortless cruising of current Innova, then it is surely going to carry on replicating its success story in new avatar.

I am keenly watching out for lower variants of hybrid. Hope, it is not as bare bones as current gen GX in look and feel.

Last edited by varunswnt : 8th November 2022 at 17:05.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 18:02   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I am keenly watching out for lower variants of hybrid. Hope, it is not as bare bones as current gen GX in look and feel.
Same here. Looking out for an automatic variant mainly for highway run. Cancelled Carens Diesel AT booking last week due to:-
  1. Prices increased (now at 18 lacs)
  2. Middle row seats are not that comfortable

Current Innova petrol GX automatic cost 19 lakhs ex showroom. Hoping new hybrid base variant start at 20 lacs ex showroom.
jthomas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 19:07   #213
BHPian

The best thing that can happen to EVs (and hybrids) is the Innova. It's a model too important for Toyota to fail. They will need to sell only the hybrid as tech and why it's equal if not better than the diesel. They don't need to sell the 'Why Innova'. This education has the secondary attribution affect on the over all market. So, everyone will benefit.
I think this might eventually also pave way for similar tech in the Fortuner, 2 years down the lane.
This is probably the most awaited launch of the year.
man_and_machine is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 22:13   #214
BHPian

Name:  F70EF5C9FA5641F18B10C70F8800C4F5.png
Views: 748
Size:  164.5 KB

Gosh, this looks like the hybrid version of the Veloz. If true, then this is a segment below the Innova, but the hybrid will bring it closer to Innova in prices here. Could Toyota spring a surprise and price a product competitively?

Here’s the Philippines site for veloz https://toyota.com.ph/veloz
chaotic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 07:23   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Inova Zenix Hybrid variant spotted with sunroof - Highest 'V' variant?

Quote:
When compared to the previous white Innova photos, for the variant, the sunroof does look more luxurious. The front grille is made somewhat similar to the old model but has a more elegant packaging, while the headlights seem to have carried Led and it seems to be complete with DRL. Interestingly, when you look at it in more detail, it seems that there is a small box at the top of the windshield. It is strongly suspected that this could be the Toyota Safety Sense sensor camera (Tss).
Quote:
On the side, right in the passenger front door area, there is an emblem that says hybrid and a chrome-plated doorhandle. As for the rearview mirror cover, it is presented with a combination of two colors, complete with turn signals. With a more luxurious appearance, this could be the V variant or even the highest of the Innova Zenix Hybrid family later.
Name:  6369e10dd9d27.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  52.2 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th November 2022 at 07:29.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 08:29   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic View Post
Gosh, this looks like the hybrid version of the Veloz. If true, then this is a segment below the Innova, but the hybrid will bring it closer to Innova in prices here.
Since we have already seen the test mules in India and had the chance to look at the size in relative to other vehicles, the Hycross is clearly a size above the Avanza. It is not just the hybrid that is pushing the price up. The platform and engine itself means the price will be 20+ lakhs.
DicKy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 09:11   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2377047

Gosh, this looks like the hybrid version of the Veloz. If true, then this is a segment below the Innova, but the hybrid will bring it closer to Innova in prices here. Could Toyota spring a surprise and price a product competitively?

The front looks similar but the design is definitely better near the C-pillar. The Veloz screams van but the spy shots here seem to be more SUV like.
Old 9th November 2022, 09:47   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
Quick question. Would it make sense to get the Innova Hycross Hybrid for exclusive use as a highway cruiser? From what I understand, Hybrids work as regular ICEs at freeway speeds (100kmph +). Therefore, should such a petrol hybrid be considered at all?

Thank you.
The folks at Autocar checked precisely this. They compared a diesel, NA petrol and strong Hybrid. The Hybrid had better efficiency on the highway too. Now the Innova hybrid might have different tuning and performance, but the video can give you some pointers.

Turbolove is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 11:27   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick question. Would it make sense to get the Innova Hycross Hybrid for exclusive use as a highway cruiser? From what I understand, Hybrids work as regular ICEs at freeway speeds (100kmph +). Therefore, should such a petrol hybrid be considered at all?

Thank you.
Hybrid is most efficient when engine runs in efficiency cycle and also lets the battery do its part. Brake regen helps to keep the battery topped but not so much on an open highway. At higher speeds the petrol engine has more work to do propelling the vehicle and charging the battery so efficiency drop is to be expected.

In the following video at speeds upto 90kph hybrid seems to yield good fuel efficiency but as rate of speed increase the efficiency seems to drop.

At higher speeds on an open road a similarly sized Diesel might return better or similar fuel efficiency when compared to a hybrid. So based on your cruising speed and intended usage you should decide.

Last edited by Sankar : 9th November 2022 at 11:33.
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:15   #220
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you.
I can present my case, that led me to switch from Diesel Innova Crysta to Hybrid Petrol Hyryder for highway running .

Yearly Running - 40,000 kms - 80% highway,20% city
Innova Cost - 14.2 KMPL average, Rs 90/L Diesel
Running Cost - Rs 6.33 per KM
Hyryder Cost - 25 KMPL average, Rs 98/L Petrol
Running Cost - Rs 3.92 per KM

Say Hycross gives an average of 20 KMPL, being heavier and bigger than Hyryder.
Running Cost - Rs 4.9 per KM
Average - 18KMPL, Cost - Rs. 5.44 per KM

Even if Petrol costs rise, I'm sure Diesel will not be behind in rate increase, so end of the day. So you can multiply, your average running per year/month so get a clear cost comparison.
That being said, there is no comparison in driving experience, the way Diesel engine pulls on the highway is unparalleled.
Aniket03 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 12:16   #221

Quote:

To be honest. This does look very similar to the images we see of the Hycross, in camouflage and without it. But there are some differences, the biggest of which is the size of the vehicle itself.

The Veloz is much closer in size to the Ertiga, than it is to the Crysta.

Crysta: 4,735 mm L x 1,830 mm W x 1,795 mm H
Veloz: 4475mm L x 1775mm W x 1700mm H
Ertiga: 4,395 mm L x 1,735 mm W x 1,690 mm H

(all dimensions sourced from only google searches)

This cannot quite simply be a car that sits above the Crysta in the lineup.

The other differences are minor and mostly cosmetic, like the bonnet hood, the bumpers, and the tail lights.
thallipolivandi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 13:36   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
First pics of the Innova Zenix Hybrid.

Attachment 2376665
Where did the zenix bit come from? First it was Hycross now Zenix?

Also, the car's side profile reminds me a lot of the X5. Is it just me?
Old 9th November 2022, 14:33   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
Where did the zenix bit come from? First it was Hycross now Zenix?
Indian market name is Innova Hycross.

Indonesian market name is Innova Zenix.

Ofcourse, we have to wait till the official unveil/ launch for confirmation.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 18:30   #224
BANNED

sorry if am speaking out of context. But is there a smaller Innova that doesn't have the last row - a 5-seater?
Old 9th November 2022, 18:36   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket03 View Post
I can present my case, that led me to switch from Diesel Innova Crysta to Hybrid Petrol Hyryder for highway running.
Hyryder Cost - 25 KMPL average, Rs 98/L Petrol
Running Cost - Rs 3.92 per KM
A little OT for this thread but in the context you mentioned, are you actually getting 25Kmpl?

I will be very surprised if we get 20 Kmpl on Hybrid Innova on our highways.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks