Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 13:36   #286
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

From the renderings and leaks, the front does look butch and all but the rear appears even more van-like than the crysta. The rear hatch is a bit too raked from what is known.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 13:46   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
What is the difference between unveiling and launching? And does the production begins to happen only after the launch (in this case Jan 2023)?
Unveiling is just showcasing the vehicle and what it offers, no price reveal but vehicle booking also starts.
In Launch, price also gets released. In my opinion, this gap helps in pricing the product as Car maker cam gauge market interest and accordingly increase or decrease their brand premium.
About production, for cars it starts at least a month before launch/delivery. for major 2 wheelers customer, production of new model usually starts 3 months before launch where in new model is ramped up and existing model volumes are reduced and eventually phased out.
Rakmo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 14:38   #288
BHPian

Crysta GX 2.7 AT is priced Ex-showroom 19.1L in Bangalore. At best, the new hycross non-hybrid AT could be priced little above this , say 19.9L ex-showroom. So the full hybrid version, at best, could start with about 23-24L ex-showroom and OTR (Bangalore) around 28-29L.
mohan41 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 14:58   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I will prefer to wait and watch. The last month sales for Hyryder is just 3500. Creta was 12000, Seltos 10000 and Grand Vitara 8000. The Honda Hybrid also is kind of dead on arrival. The market is lukewarm so far to hybrids.
I am not sure how you came to this conclusion, atleast now as it may seem given the waiting periods, the issue is supply not demand and even then the combined sales of Grand Vitara plus Hyryder are already around 12000 units which is a huge achievement in my opinion.

As people realise the benefits of driving a hybrid and word of mouth, this will cause a massive dent to Creta and others if they do not follow Toyota in launching a hybrid. Lets wait and watch but the response is anything but lukeworm.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 14:59   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
The fleet market runs their Innova for 150k-200k Kms every year- so they are not bothered by the 10 year lifespan.
I beg to differ, an average daily run for fleet owners is in the vicinity of 120 - 150 km only. Doing 400 km per day with 150 k annual run is not possible and cannot be generalised, else fleet owners would have been rolling in money.

This is basis info from a friend working with TKIL.

Going by your estimate, would you find average fleet car to be at 20 Lakh reading at the end of 10 years?

Last edited by i74js : 17th November 2022 at 15:02.
i74js is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 16:30   #291
BHPian

My SA confirmed that bookings will start on Nov 25th. Booking amount Rs. 1 lac. He immediately sent the UPI QR code too
I did probe for pricing. Won't type it here since I believe even he didn't have a good idea of what it would be though he said "maybe" to a certain OTR price.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 19:22   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
My SA confirmed that bookings will start on Nov 25th. Booking amount Rs. 1 lac. He immediately sent the UPI QR code too
I did probe for pricing. Won't type it here since I believe even he didn't have a good idea of what it would be though he said "maybe" to a certain OTR price.
Toyota being Toyota will obviously price a premium here. Also Innova might definitely have regular petrol manual, AT models at 20.xx price range and hybrid will definitely be reaching 30+ Lakhs. I dont know what will happen to current gen Innova, Toyota can retain the diesel manual variants for fleet purposes
and price the hycross above the current gen diesel.

If they price it well, I might just be tempted to swap my Corolla with the new Innova
Old 17th November 2022, 19:48   #293
BHPian

I'm praying with folded hands for the Diesel Innova to return, I'll anyday go with Diesel Crysta over this. I might sound a little old fashioned here, but I prefer simple no nonsense go anytime anywhere vehicle over an electronically packed vehicle. Same reason i didn't go ahead with the Scorpio N too. Electricals are still the reasons of failures in my opinions. I believe whichever car is mechanically sorted, has a strong base that it can build on later.

Thanks.
Joker is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 21:54   #294
BHPian

Going by the leaked images and renderings, I somehow get a feeling that Toyota Innova will take the Scorpio approach of having both generations of product available. They may have the MT Innova Crysta for fleet purchases and those looking for basic / no nonsense product.

The new Innova Hycross will be a slightly premium offering starting at 20.00 plus for the base version and may touch 30L for the hybrid version.

Anyone thinking if Toyota would make the hybrid drive train standard across all the variants, considering that they may launch only the Petrol mil first?
Old 17th November 2022, 23:31   #295
BHPian

Somehow looks like the new Ertiga++, more svelte, more premium. Someone the language seems the same. Maybe it might turn out to be one too.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 00:10   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
...Also Innova might definitely have regular petrol manual, AT models at 20.xx price range and hybrid will definitely be reaching 30+ Lakhs. I dont know what will happen to current gen Innova, Toyota can retain the diesel manual variants for fleet purposes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
...Anyone thinking if Toyota would make the hybrid drive train standard across all the variants, considering that they may launch only the Petrol mil first?
I am confused why is everyone expecting a regular petrol variant of Hycross? The car's name is "HY"cross, it will be hybrid only offering like Hyryder. Might have mild hybrid and strong hybrid variant but I think the chances are slim for that. I believe it will only have strong hybrid powerplant on offer.

Anyone who wants normal petrol or diesel vairants can opt for the crysta models which will be on sale alongside.
UltraViolence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 02:20   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
I believe whichever car is mechanically sorted, has a strong base that it can build on later.
This is exactly what Innova hycross will be. Innova has been mechanically sorted for a while now but lacked a lot of features compared to the competition. This is what the hycross will improve upon while keeping the base strength.

Sure, it will be a monocoque this time instead of a ladder frame, but I trust Toyota to bring out a sorted product. Heck even our Ertiga is 8.5 years old now and there are no squeaks or rattles even now.

Anybody who is used to the comforts of an MVP, will still prefer the Innova, be it diesel or petrol IMO.
Old 18th November 2022, 02:45   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Is it me or is that a monster panel gap?
Old 18th November 2022, 10:47   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Innova Zenix, bookings open in Indonesia:

Quote:
Booking Fee Rp 15 Million
Name:  screenshot_20221116162834520221116042902.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  48.4 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th November 2022 at 10:55.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 11:23   #300
Senior - BHPian

From Toyota India - The legend has elevated itself to a new HY
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fh0qbvhuoaa9xjh.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks