Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2022, 16:31   #376
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

I hope in India they launch a variant with a bench in the middle row but while retaining all other bells and whistles including ADAS and electric tail gate etc. Kia erred in this regard with the Carnival.

Speaking of the Carnival, I hope they bring in the new Carnival and price it aggressively against the Innova (which assumably will NOT be aggressively priced).

I'd go with the Carnival over this any day if priced sensibly.
SedateMotorhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 16:52   #377
BHPian

A well balanced, good looking, practical vehicle. Of course it will be at a premium to the Crysta Petrol - so maybe 33-36 lakh OTR Bangalore is what I expect. It would still sell in large numbers. It will lose a few hardcore body-on-frame fans, but gain as many women and family buyers. Some will choose this just for its looks.

Even after so many years, there still anything quite like it in Indian roads.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 21st November 2022 at 16:53. Reason: typo
Old 21st November 2022, 17:03   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Toyota India
Video teaser, Hycross unveil in India on 25th November.

Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 17:07   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
Based on the pics from the Indonesian unveiling it looks more in the leagues of WRV, Ertiga/X6 league or Alcazar/Kia level than a full fledged Innova.
I own a WRV but I never felt that Hycross looks similar to WRV or Ertiga or Alcazar. Hycorss is much bigger, longer, taller significantly + it is full hybrid. I am worried that it will be priced above Crysta which will be a sad thing for buyers.
AutoDowntowner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 17:21   #380
BHPian

Wasn't the Hyryder priced competitvely despite it being a hybrid as well? Would it be too tall a wish to hope the Hycross would thus be priced appropriately as well?

When we bought our Crysta in 2016, we paid 20 lakhs for it without any additional accessories, which amounted to an extra lakh and change. The 2.8 automatic then ranged from 20-26 lakhs (on road), and the number is now 25-31 lakhs I hear for the 2.4 automatic.

I would really like it if the increase in price is restricted to a lakh or two and not 8 lakhs as we seem to anticipate. Please stop giving Toyota that idea guys, some of us are poor .
sunnysideup_ is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 17:34   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateMotorhead View Post
I hope in India they launch a variant with a bench in the middle row but while retaining all other bells and whistles including ADAS and electric tail gate etc. Kia erred in this regard with the Carnival.
I think the HyCross will follow the exact path of offering only the Captain seats in the top variant as indicated in The Kijang Innova Zenix Catalog (Attached)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf catalog_all_new_kijang_innova_zenix_hybrid_ev.pdf (4.60 MB, 325 views)

Last edited by VinsWagen : 21st November 2022 at 17:37.
VinsWagen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 17:44   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
A well balanced, good looking, practical vehicle. Of course it will be at a premium to the Crysta Petrol - so maybe 33-36 lakh OTR Bangalore is what I expect. It would still sell in large numbers. It will lose a few hardcore body-on-frame fans, but gain as many women and family buyers. Some will choose this just for its looks.

Even after so many years, there still anything quite like it in Indian roads.
Body on frame etc is just for folks on team bhp. Common people give two hoots about these things. This is a Toyota and Innova is enough. This will be the new favorite of your local/thug/politician especially in white. And then some poor salaried family men who will be trapped into buying this with their post tax money fully aware of what a financial disaster it is. That is the brand power Innova and Toyota has.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd November 2022 at 04:23. Reason: Edited post to tone it down. :)
JediKnight is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 17:45   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Even the base variant G is equipped really well!

Bench seat is available in the lower variants namely G.

Biggest change for the Innova in it’s monocoque platform is the 3rd row of seats folding flat!

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-061320ea218a4aa38fe4bef795de1132.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-ec21c74e4a874b1b8d17cd82f3249e58.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-353c87b3903f4730afb35c30ce30493f.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 17:51   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Finer details of the Innova Zenix:

The exterior design combines a mid-sized 3-row SUV in the North American highlander 4th generation (XU70) market with the now-popular compact SUV, the Corolla Cross.

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-tmmin3.jpg

The Innova Zenix will be built on a TNGA-C basis in conjunction with several passenger cars such as the Corolla Altis, for example, not the current Innova chassis frame. For the first time, there's a fifth-generation hybrid powerhouse to choose from.

The headlights are LED from the Model V, a sporty honeycomb-patterned hexagonal grille with a large, hardy front bump, piercing two air intakes, strengthening and completely tearing apart the original design of the senior model.

The sides are lined with large wheel arches, similarly, ripped from the sensors, with 18-inch alloy wheels in the Q model and above, and four door awning eyebrows are fitted as standard equipment, while the rear side is similar to the Corolla Cross, with two taillights mounted along the body width, with chrome eyebrows and rear spoilers in harmony with the tailgate, with an open-close tailgate, and a voice-activated hands-free tailgate.

The interior comes with a front console that references designs from the camp's most popular slide door minivan, noah / Voxy, by moving the gear lever to the front console area, making the center part of the console longer than its predecessor. Using simple, comfortable lines. Emphasis is placed on the utility of the minivan style. There are cup holders for all seats and a number of USB slots.

The 3-row seats, covered in black leather, are decorated with modern patterns in the Q HV model, while the petrol V models use black-brown two-tone cushions, highlighted in the captain seat middle row seats with Ottoman thigh pads, electrically adjusting the reclining degrees of the backrest and the degrees of the thigh pads. In the Q HV model with a retractable seat side console. Install the same cup holder as the current model. The rear luggage compartment is equipped with a large multipurpose storage box tucked under the floor of the luggage compartment, and for the first time with a row of 3 seats folded as smoothly as a regular SUV.

The center screen displays a 360-degree omni-camera and a 10-inch entertainment system with a 10-inch split second-row passenger screen, left-right, in the Q HV model and above. The digital air conditioning system covers all three rows of seats, finished with a large panoramic roof covering the entire front and second row areas, with lights still creating the same light blue cabin vibe as the current Innova.

The 7-inch full-digital driver gauge in the Hybrid model, while the regular petrol engine model gets dual analog gauges, with a 4.2-inch TFT display, is the first of its kind to be equipped with an electric handbrake with Auto Brake Hold.

Steering system

Rack Assist Type Electric Power Steering (EPS) steering

Suspension

The front is an independent Strut-type Coil Spring.
The rear is Torsion Beam.

Brake system

On the front is ventilated disc brakes, 16-inch brake discs.
Behind it is disc brakes. 16-inch brake discs
16-inch alloy wheels with 205/65 R16 tyres in 2.0-litre petrol and G HV (hybrid) models
17- inch alloy wheels with 215/60 R17 tyres in V HV (hybrid)
18-inch alloy wheels with 225/50 R18 tyres in Q HV (hybrid)

Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 is standard in the Q series, which includes:

Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
Pre-Collision System (PCS) Safety System
Lane departure warning system with steering wheel delay Lane Departure Alert (LDA) and Lane Tracing Alert (LTA)
Automatic High Beam (AHB)

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_hev_add2_01.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_12.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_01.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_hev_04.jpg

(2.0L petrol)
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_10.jpg

(Q HV)
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_hev_add_01.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_hev_add_09.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_15.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_09.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_hev_add_03.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_04.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_05.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_07.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_13.jpg
(Dual 10-inch screen for 2nd row passengers)
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_hev_add_04.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_hev_add2_02.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_hev_add2_03.jpg

It also comes with a factory selected Modellista kit.

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_hev_add3_01.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-toyotakijanginnovazenix_modellista.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st November 2022 at 18:02.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 18:28   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup_ View Post
would really like it if the increase in price is restricted to a lakh or two and not 8 lakhs as we seem to anticipate. Please stop giving Toyota that idea guys, some of us are poor .
Glad someone bought this up.

I wish (I really do wish) it is priced competitively for me to afford the Hybrid automatic variant. I can let go my panoramic sunroof requirement for this.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2022 at 05:14. Reason: Minor typos.
woodstock3001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 18:51   #386
Senior - BHPian

I think this would be amongst the best cars on sale, when it gets launched here. What does it not have for our roads and general requirements? Just praying Toyota doesn't price it out of my reach. I'd be really happy and will go against my nature and sell the relatively new Carnival to buy it, if they launch the base hybrid variant for 22 lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
First impressions (from pictures & videos)

For those who know their cars and hold onto them longer, this will be a downgrade. For all others who keep them for 5-6 years, this will be all they need. Panoramic roof + boss rear seats + 20+km/l is too irresistible.

The torsion beam suspension can be tuned to give a good ride, but a well tuned torsion beam suspension is anyday inferior to a well tuned independent rear suspension/ multi link one.
Personally, I will go with a monocoque over a ladder frame. Ladder frames can handle more abuse, but I believe our roads have reached a stage where ladder frames are not required for personal usage. While Toyota ladder frames have gained a lot of fame, their non-ladder frame products haven't let them down by any means too.

I will also prefer a torison beam suspension over an independent one. Independent rear suspension can be a handful to maintain. Getting the wheels aligned is a task, plus with the many moving parts, its best handled by trained technicians. I speak so from my experience with the Carnival.

Last edited by rrsteer : 21st November 2022 at 18:53.
rrsteer is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 19:15   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Body on frame etc is just for folks on team bhp. Common people give two hoots about these things. This is a Toyota and Innova is enough. This will be the new favorite of your local/thug/politician especially in white. And then some poor salaried family men who will be trapped into buying this with their post tax money fully aware of what a financial disaster it is. That is the brand power Innova and Toyota has.
Sorry, thousands of fleet owners are not going to agree with this observation. They are not on TBHP I believe.

I can say one thing for sure, I spent 31L of my post tax money on Crysta and I don't repent a bit about that decision. It may not be a looker. But this car simply transforms your journeys.

The magic carpet like ride experience on highways is unmatched at the price range. The surge in power when you press down the accelerator is addictive. The confidence that nothing will go wrong in this car is so assuring.

The jury is out there whether the Hycross will be a go anywhere vehicle, fully loaded with 8pax onboard since this is a totally new architecture. We can hope Toyota has done its home work.
As some one mentioned, how well a car ages is key to it becoming a legend.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2022 at 05:15. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 19:20   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The torsion beam suspension can be tuned to give a good ride, but a well tuned torsion beam suspension is anyday inferior to a well tuned independent rear suspension/ multi link one. But this will fall short of the current Innova's ability to swallow eight passengers and their luggage and do 100+km/h with a flat ride in our roads.
Precisely this. It isn't the strongest on bad terrain, for a large three row seven or eight seater suv/mpv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
I will also prefer a torison beam suspension over an independent one. Independent rear suspension can be a handful to maintain. Getting the wheels aligned is a task, plus with the many moving parts, its best handled by trained technicians. I speak so from my experience with the Carnival.
Problem with torsion beam is that its cheap and its weak laterally and thats why Tata had to jugaad a panhard bar for the torsion beam rear of the harrier and new safari. With just two mounting points holding the whole rear axle to the body I'd prefer a something more robust, even if its independent rear, to the torsion beam for a large three row suv/mpv. IRS or a live axle coil sprung 5 link rear has many bolts holding the axle to the body/chassis and torsion beam has just two bolts doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt
The hybrid variant features Ni-MH batteries packed in a compact package and stored under both front seats without compromising space in the cabin area. Mizuma claims that the selection of nickel batteries is suitable for the All New Kijang Innova Zenix Hybrid EV because it has better resistance in hot weather such as Indonesia.
Really? When we believed the world has moved over to LiIon batteries from NiMH. Hope we get the LiIon battery pack when they launch it in India because M20AFKS hybrid system comes with either type which is market dependent. This was unexpected.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 19:33   #389
Senior - BHPian

New Toyota Innova Hycross on production line and testing.

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669038896926.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669038899582.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669038901774.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669038904020.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669038906166.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669038908982.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669038911119.jpg

Source : AutonetMagz
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 19:42   #390
BHPian

You can't win today's matches with yesterday's sixes. You need to be the same product every time, you need to have the same form every match.

This applies to Innova too. This car is not the same Innova. It's different in many different aspects. Similar to the new safari not being the old one. Newer, relevant but not the same or better or worse.

The Innova and Totoya will take only take it so far, but the product has to hit the same sixes with the refresh.

The fundamental changes, like the suspension, hybrid, FWD, Monocque etc all have to meet the same bar of customer satisfaction and usefulness as the current car does. It will have the initial euphoria and then will fizzle out, if the expectations don't match.

The interior quality attest from the pictures don't seem that different/better from the Crysta. Majority Innova owners put in more than 100K on the ODO, and how will the hybrid work for a long tourer is not yet fully established.

The sun/moon roof, etc. will keep the car relevant with current trends but the key still is the ride quality, people carry capability and the long term economics.

For me, one of the key components I am looking for in a 30L+ car is fully independent suspensions. One of the key reasons the current Safari is not making that cut, personally.

This will be an interesting launch.
man_and_machine is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks