Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2022, 05:32   #481
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Attachment 2383122

From these videos all I can see is the mileage is not as it should be. Range is also not good enough. Could this be because the cars are fairly new and haven't run enough to calibrate the MID properly.
Yes, the car is idling for a long time during testing in the plant and during showcase to the media.
Old 24th November 2022, 06:13   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Maybe because the car has been on idle for very long time. Will wait for proper reviews. I am expecting atleast 15 km/ltr for Hybrid one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astargea View Post
Yes, the car is idling for a long time during testing in the plant and during showcase to the media.
Forgive me for the noob question, but aren't hybrids supposed to be more efficient in such scenarios, with the engine coming on only when the battery is drained? Or am I missing something?
GKR9900 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 07:02   #483
BHPian

Going to be a smashing hit! Toyota should do what it does best and this is an example of that. Maruti derivatives doesn't exude Toyota reliability!
Old 24th November 2022, 07:05   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Attachment 2383122
From these videos all I can see is the mileage is not as it should be. Range is also not good enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Forgive me for the noob question, but aren't hybrids supposed to be more efficient in such scenarios, with the engine coming on only when the battery is drained? Or am I missing something?
If this new Innova Petrol Hybrid can return 15kmpl on a tankful of gas in the Urban cycle, thats really something for a 7 seat vehicle and one that weighs close to 2tons! This is the sort of mileage 5 seat direct injection turbo petrol C-SUV's manage on the highway!

The 2.4l diesel manages about 10Kmpl in the city cycle or a range of about 550km on a tankful of gas. At 15kmpl, you're looking at an increased DTE range of an extra 275km, worst case. If this ain't good enough, its best to skip the Hybrid camp altogether and go straight to an EV.

Anyway; I would not jump to any conclusions from a picture of a gauge cluster of a brand new vehicle that has <200km on its odometer. We do not know the vehicles operating status which lead to that figure. Once the car hits the road, we will know.
sandeepmohan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 08:13   #485
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astargea View Post
The image is digitally modified, this is the real image:
The front looks more SUVish than a MPV. As the transition to monocoque might have improved the driving dynamics and comfort, is there any update on the weight of new Innova. Should be lesser than the previous generation I believe.
Old 24th November 2022, 08:19   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The front looks more SUVish than a MPV. As the transition to monocoque might have improved the driving dynamics and comfort, is there any update on the weight of new Innova. Should be lesser than the previous generation I believe.
I saw in one of the reviews that it's around 200 kgs lighter than the crysta.
amalji is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 08:56   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
--is there any update on the weight of new Innova. Should be lesser than the previous generation I believe.

It is ~ 170 kg lesser than the previous Gen.

Quote:
The use of that platform makes the Kijang Innova Zenix weigh 170 kg from its predecessor.
Quote:
Claimed to Penetrate 21 Km per Liter

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th November 2022 at 08:58.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 09:17   #488
BHPian

Quote:
is there any update on the weight of new Innova. Should be lesser than the previous generation I believe.
Goverment documents from Indonesia revealed the weight of the Innova Zenix, 1,555 kg for V Petrol and 1,695 kg for Q Hybrid. Other trims remains to be seen. The Crysta weighs between 1,700 kg to 1,930 kg.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf doc (1).pdf (321.9 KB, 405 views)
File Type: pdf doc.pdf (321.9 KB, 700 views)
Astargea is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 09:36   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I saw in one of the reviews that it's around 200 kgs lighter than the crysta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It is ~ 170 kg lesser than the previous Gen.

Link
Crysta was 200kgs heavier than the old innova it replaced, said the then test drive and other reports 7 years ago. I still remember reading this.

So if the new hybrid is 170-200kg lesser than the Crysta it should weigh the same as the old innova.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 17:31   #490
BHPian

Couldn't find the total torque figure on the hybrid. Without the electric motor it looks less. Also I think they will use NiMH battery like other Toyota hybrids ? Going back from Li-ion on the HyRyder. But should feel safe though
Old 24th November 2022, 18:58   #491
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross won’t get a manual gearbox, all variants will come with eCVT/CVT automatic gearbox only

Quote:
- Two seat configurations and five variants

- Top three variants to get hybrid powertrain

- Two lower variants will get non-hybrid version of the same powertrain

- Will be sold as a seven or an eight seater

- The seven seat configuration will come with two captain’s chairs for the second row with ottoman function while the eight seat layout will have bench seats for the second and third row.

- Toyota will provide three point seat belts for all passengers.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th November 2022 at 19:10.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 19:10   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

An engine update:

The M20A gasoline engine is manufactured in India and is also being exported to Indonesia for the Innova Zenix.

Hope the engine being manufactured in India gives some advantage to the HyCross in terms of pricing.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 24th November 2022 at 19:16.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 19:28   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
If this new Innova Petrol Hybrid can return 15kmpl on a tankful of gas in the Urban cycle, thats really something for a 7 seat vehicle and one that weighs close to 2tons! This is the sort of mileage 5 seat direct injection turbo petrol C-SUV's manage on the highway!

The 2.4l diesel manages about 10Kmpl in the city cycle or a range of about 550km on a tankful of gas. At 15kmpl, you're looking at an increased DTE range of an extra 275km, worst case. If this ain't good enough, its best to skip the Hybrid camp altogether and go straight to an EV.

Anyway; I would not jump to any conclusions from a picture of a gauge cluster of a brand new vehicle that has <200km on its odometer. We do not know the vehicles operating status which lead to that figure. Once the car hits the road, we will know.
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot-20221124-7.26.12-pm.png

My friend, look closer. It is not 15kmpl but 15L per 100km. Aka 6kmpl which is why the others are complaining.

But as you said, it is a brand new car which hasn't run enough to calibrate itself and probably spent most of it's time idling or being driven up and down ramps so this is not the correct figure and it is impossible to draw conclusions from it.
Cresterk is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 19:43   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Kijang Innova Zenix Hybrid (Battery):

- Battery Innova Zenix Hybrid has a capacity of 6.5 Ah, or if converted, the stored electrical power reaches about 1.6 kWh. This battery is placed under the front seat and center console.

- Innova Zenix battery pack uses a Ni-MH type based on nickel material. (Considering the weather conditions in Indonesia)

- Nickel batteries are claimed to be shockproof and heat resistant, unlike lithium batteries which have a large discharge with greater heat temperatures as well.

- Toyota also provides a battery warranty Innova Zenix Hybrid for 8 years or 160,000 km, depending on which one comes first.

- Kijang Innova Zenix Hybrid batteries are still imported.

- Toyota targets 3000 units/ month for the Zenix.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 20:18   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Toyota Innova Hycross won’t get a manual gearbox, all variants will come with eCVT/CVT automatic gearbox only

Source
Targeting fleet operators (as per Autocar article linked) with base variant looks unlikely. Which fleet operator would buy such big car with NA Petrol engine and CVT gear box?

Looks like they are planning to target segment above current Crysta and some variants of Hycross may overlap with top end AT.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks