Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 14:40   #556
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
What is not clear is whether normal cruise control will be available in ZX. ZX(O) has adaptive cruise control.
ZX gets normal cruise control. Only difference between ZX and ZX(O) is TSS.
manumike is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:41   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
What is not clear is whether normal cruise control will be available in ZX. ZX(O) has adaptive cruise control.

Normal cruise control is a must for the Innova, as it is a car we would expect to drive over long distance trips. With the amazing fuel efficiency, and enhanced comfort now that the Innova has switched to a front wheel drive and monocoque platform, this will be a vehicle of choice for long journeys.
Cruise Control is mentioned albeit indirectly. On the website (not on the pdf) > Specs tab > Seat, Comfort & Convenience > Steering wheel switches > The ZX mentions Cruise Control where as the ZX (O) mentions Cruise Control + TSS3

Hope this helps! Adding the link here: https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroo...res-specs.html

Last edited by curiosity : 25th November 2022 at 14:42. Reason: Incorrect variant mentioned
curiosity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:43   #558
BHPian

Went ahead, bit the bullet and booked a Silver Zx. Now can't wait to see it in person and test drive it.
Old 25th November 2022, 14:43   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota has a winner on their hands. Perhaps the biggest upgrade they have done between the innova generations.

The ottoman, that too powered just won me over.

From the equipment list it seems the ZX and ZX O only difference is the ADAS which IMO is more useful on the highway. Besides the blind spot monitor one won’t use any of those features for city runs.
My experience with ADAS in India conditions has only been with the w223 Sclass and it creates a havoc! Just too sensitive for our condition. I doubt anyone can get it right for our kind of driving conditions.
Sahil is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:48   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Looks like a good package.

- Torsion beam: Why manufactures are resorting to this is beyond my imagination. I can only think of easy maintenance and saves cost. Even Safari/Harrier also has this.
Noob query ! Can you explain the pitfalls of TB ? (I am assuming that there is a downside to this based on your response)

TIA
Old 25th November 2022, 14:52   #561
BHPian

"Looks like an SUV, packs in like a van".....Toyota could not really go wrong with that formula. I am sure this will be a good hit, no matter the price point. The existing BS6 diesel variant will also be retained as expected, though I think in base variant (or two) only- to serve the fleet and taxi markets.

Now for the pricing
Contrapunto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:53   #562
BHPian

Centre powered Ottoman seats yet no powered passenger seat ? No one will sit there and will move to the centre seats.

The in-dash gear robs a wireless charger for the driver ? I see one over the glove box only.

I think after this hype people will start talking about not so high quality switches on the dash. But the base comparison being the Crysta, its relatively better but not very premium.
PreludeSH is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 15:01   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nks81 View Post
Which is the color which looks like blue in the photos?
Blackish Ageha Glass Flakes
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 15:14   #564
BHPian

If Toyota can price this right (which they won't) they probably don't need to announce any new vehicle for next 24 months.

This is such an important product for Toyota and at the same time has the potential to disrupt so many categories above and below, if priced sensibly.
vellatechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 15:17   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
I think after this hype people will start talking about not so high quality switches on the dash. But the base comparison being the Crysta, its relatively better but not very premium.
Exactly, if I am not mistaken then power window switches on each door are not even backlit in this generation. Not sure if all windows come with auto up/down feature this time.

Also, 1 less airbag compared to 7 earlier. Knee airbag has gone missing, so much for the so called Toyota's over engineering approach.

Roof liner fabric is still cheap types rather than premium knitted fabric. But, Fortuner which costs 50-60 lacs do come with same cheap roof liner.
varunswnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 15:25   #566
BHPian

I have not been able to keep up with all the news flows and launch details but a short query to the good folks here. In the Hybrid version of the Innova now, will the battery power the rear wheels - making it kind of AWD ? or both Petrol Engine and Electric motor will always power the front wheels?

By the way, new features and new chassis aside, I still see Toyota continuing with their usual self:
1. 6 seater being positioned as a 7 seater – who in their good sense will make 3 family members sit at the last row? Middle row bench seats are a must.
2. ZX feature sets over VX – they make VX with just 2 airbags, no auto in the older models forcing you to go for the higher variant if you want all safety features for example.

Last edited by manson : 25th November 2022 at 19:18. Reason: Adding Observations
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 15:26   #567
BHPian

An interesting launch from Toyota.

While it's really nice to see Toyota finally catching up with the current trends in terms of features, I personally found them lacking in terms of design. The dashboard looks as if from a generation before (design wise). Might look outdated pretty soon.

The third row being passed as a three seater is a joke.

Good boot space though. But I really hope Kia launch the new Carnival and price it closer to the Hycross and show them how it's done.
SedateMotorhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 15:28   #568
BHPian

It's a Toyota car and that too the next AVATAR of Innova, nothing can go wrong with it. As far as the pricing is concerned, who is the competitor currently in India for the same? Safari, XUV700, Scorpio, I would say no one.

So even if Toyota prize it closer to Fortuner (taking care of Cannibalization), it will sell.

The current (models running on road) have already crossed 32L OTR last year itself and we know that pricing has not been an issue with Toyota.

Regarding the term HYBRID, I still feel it's not in the same league than some of the counterparts in the advanced countries.

On the other hand, If this Hybrid model is able to provide the kind of pulling power that the Diesel Innova has been providing yet giving a 50 - 60% higher fuel economy, then it will sell (not only for that power but also for the features that have been currently missing).

If Toyota re-introduces the Diesel automatic then I see no reason why I would spend 30-40% more money for a lot of features that most of the enthusiast friends in this forum and elsewhere would not even need (ADAS is still in its NASCENT stage in our country, sunroofs are still used with putting kids on risk when they are half out from the moving car and look more like rallying political figures).

Majority of the people in this forum have previously voted for a Diesel Innova, would they switch to or recommend a Petrol Innova and especially the hybrid ones (Remember this is still NASCENT for us and we still do not know the resale value of such cars).

But for those who can afford the HyCross, they must since as of now there is no alternative to the same and factors like ownership experience overshadows the resale value expectations for them.

If I have that kind of money would I buy one? I MIGHT NOT since I am still under the impression that the Innova Diesel is the one for me and a raw Tiger is better than a sophisticated Rhinoceros OR I MIGHT (if I can afford it) since this car (we might call it an MPV but in a market like US, it is still called a car) will be much safer, quieter, easy to drive, fuel efficient apart from the common Toyota feature known as 'Reliability'.

Another factor is that, in all the probability, Toyota reliability would ramify in their Hybrid versions as well.

BTW, Please do check the fate of Toyota Camry Hybrid in India (understood that they are different vehicle segments) and Innova name might mask Camry's fate for it's own for its new AVATAR.

Toyota doesn't need my good wishes (Everyone knows who they are) BUT a heartiest congratulations to the prospective buyers and all the very best for yet another unique product (for Indian Market) from Toyota.
achintatri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 15:38   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Blackish Ageha Glass Flakes
Is this black shade or a dark blue shade color? Are there any images in daylight available?
Old 25th November 2022, 15:40   #570
BHPian

Went ahead and booked :-) VX 8S

Noticed that the website is half-baked.....standard template shows up post confirmation
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot-20221125-153534.png

Last edited by manson : 25th November 2022 at 19:18.
krinpit is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks