Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2022, 10:53   #661
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

I feel there will be a 15% bump of the gasoline (G&GX variants) compared to the Crysta's GX variant, which would make the HyCross GX at around 26lakh OTR.

Considering a 1.5Lakh premium for Hybrid, plus another 10% for variant, that takes the VX to just over 30, ZX to 32.5-ish and the optional at a 36.

This closes the gap between the Innova and the Fortuner, (fortuer begins at 38.5lakh OTR for the Petrol

(All prices On-Road Delhi)
KI07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 11:55   #662
Senior - BHPian

Was at the local Nexa and Toyota showroom yesterday which are practically neighbours. Enquired about the Hycross and the Toyota dealer said it is expected to start from 26 lakh ex showroom with an onroad price starting from over 30lakh. It will sit above the Innova based on the equipments Toyota has thrown into it apparently.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 12:15   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Was at the local Nexa and Toyota showroom yesterday which are practically neighbours. Enquired about the Hycross and the Toyota dealer said it is expected to start from 26 lakh ex showroom with an onroad price starting from over 30lakh. It will sit above the Innova based on the equipments Toyota has thrown into it apparently.
I was chatting with the Toyota Dealer in Bangalore, and I was told that there is a 5 month waiting period already for the Hycross. Don't know if that is true or if the Dealer is trying to create a XUV700 like situation.
mk600 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 12:21   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

However, I do hope the delivery will happen after the budget. I feel the GST on hybrids will be reduced to somewhere between pure electric cars and petrol/diesel cars. It would be logical to do so as the hybrid like the Hycross (or Hyryder) consumes around 50% of the fuel consumed by an equivalent petrol or diesel car in city conditions. This would go a long way to make them price competitive and ultimately reduce our country 's oil import bill.

If the 43% GST is reduced to say 20%, the savings would translate to 4 lakhs ex-showroom for a car that costs 30 lakhs ex-showroom today. So if Toyota plans to price te top end Hycross at 30 lakhs ex-showroom today, they can reduce that to 26 lakhs, if they decide to pass on the full GST benefit to customer. This would translate to almost a 5 lakh price difference on-road! Toyota can then price the Hycross almost on par with the Crysta and deliver a while lot more value. All the while reducing he pollution in our cities and reducing our country's vulnerable economical.position on oil imports. A win-win-win indeed!
As per the new taxation structure, GST rates are changed by the GST Council. The Budget by Finance Minister does not make any alteration in GST Rates. Hence the wait may be misplaced.

That being said, GST council could meet to change these rates. I hope that the GST Council is lobbied by Toyota and Suzuki to reduce the rates of hybrids to 28% vs the higher rates currently. EV's will eat the cake with 5% GST vs 43% for these hybrids as technology matures.

The lack of a bench in VX is definitely a downer for me. Captain seat is no go.
arakhanna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 12:45   #665
BHPian

Quote:
That would be unfortunate for customers like me.
The base variant - having no hybrid, manual AC, no alloy wheels, no cruise control, just 2 air bags, bare bone interiors etc, for a 26 lakh ex showroom would be suicidal for Toyota. There are better full option products out there at that price range.

I think the dealers are quoting very high numbers so that once prices are revealed, it undercuts the raised expectation and customers can feel better. Infact majority of the posts in thread are expecting very high prices. I seem to be in the minority who are expecting a fair (if not VFM) prices.

I am expecting VX variant between 23.5 to 25 lakh (ex showroom).
G/GX between 20 to 22 lakhs.
ZX around 27 to 28.5 lakhs.
ZX(O) around 30 lakhs.

Once the prices are revealed, would be able to decide whether to cancel the pre-booking made or proceed forward. Hoping the initial euphoria (wrt looks, performance, space) doesn't turn out to be a big disappointment (wrt price).
jthomas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 12:46   #666
BHPian

Wished they launched Hy cross with 8 seater ZX model. With heavy luggage for outstation trips it becomes a 4 seater and all the practicality is gone. I am still holding my gen1 Innova VX with bench seats. Would have definitely upgraded had there been a bench seat in top end crysta or Hy cross. Might have to go for fortuner when I sell my Innova.
samitjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 13:11   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
I was chatting with the Toyota Dealer in Bangalore, and I was told that there is a 5 month waiting period already for the Hycross. Don't know if that is true or if the Dealer is trying to create a XUV700 like situation.
Hmm are you sure it was for Hycross and not the Hyryder?
Our dealer said the Hyryder I went to check out has a 5 months waiting period.
Old 27th November 2022, 13:27   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm are you sure it was for Hycross and not the Hyryder?
Our dealer said the Hyryder I went to check out has a 5 months waiting period.
This was the Hycross. Here is what I received from the Local Dealer in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221127132339787.jpg  

Old 27th November 2022, 18:20   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Has anyone done the pricing analysis on Innova Zenix’s launch in Indonesia?

1. What is the % uplift in pricing as compared to existing Crysta petrol?
2. What is the % premium between the top-trim with and without ADAS? ( Trying to get a sense of quantum between ZX and ZX(O)

Thanks!
Hi

Here it is.
1) Indonesian Crysta vs Zenix is 20%.
2) TSS is another 15%.

Some highlights
- They don't have non-hybrid variants in Indonesia.
- Top end Zenix with TSS has crossed the base model Fortuner price

Here is an excel sheet with the above data and some wishful thinking from myside :-) Based on this my guess is either A or B and i hope Toyota India doesnt go for C which will make Innova out of reach for many of us. All depends on whether they want to leave XUV700/SAFARI in low end and move to higher and more profitable niche spot or do they want to go for a kill. If they are sharing this with Maruti then all depends on their production capacity. But once a shark tastes blood it just wants more ... not going to stop

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot-20221127-5.57.19-pm.png

Same numbers in pictures for better reading

Name:  WhatsApp Image 20221127 at 5.43.47 PM.jpeg
Views: 747
Size:  71.7 KB
Name:  WhatsApp Image 20221127 at 5.46.02 PM.jpeg
Views: 853
Size:  74.6 KB

Indonesian prices Data taken from this website
https://www.oto.com/mobil-baru/toyot...g-innova-zenix - Looks more like our carwale.com

Fortuner Starting price
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221127005825836_com.android.chrome.jpg

Zenix Starting Price
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221127003640973_com.android.chrome.jpg

Zenix Mid Variant
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221127003614824_com.android.chrome.jpg

Zenix with TSS
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221127003724479_com.android.chrome.jpg

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 18:20   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Once the prices are revealed, would be able to decide whether to cancel the pre-booking made or proceed forward. Hoping the initial euphoria (wrt looks, performance, space) doesn't turn out to be a big disappointment (wrt price).
Toyota is known for its reliability and quality in India and has customer / fan base of its own and the prices wont matter to them. So irrespective of the prices announced Hycross will definitely do good numbers, at least in the first few months. We have seen that Crysta has gone up from 20 lacs to 30 lacs in over 6 years so we shouldn't be expecting Hycross to be any cheaper to Crysta and hence the guesstimates of higher prices by fellow BHPians.

But if Toyota changes their strategy and keeps the prices competitive, then definitely it will be end of the game for many brands in this segment.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 27th November 2022 at 18:49. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
har_war_09 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 18:38   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
. If they are sharing this with Maruti then all depends on their production capacity.
Good point and this also bodes for an important assumption that Toyota has the courage to go all out and price this at a premium of 40 Lakhs for the top end variant rivalling Kodiaq / Tucson while leaving for Maruti Suzuki to undercut it and play alongside with the likes of XUV / Safari et al.

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 27th November 2022, 20:41   #672

By paying ₹25000, I made a booking. This happened two days before the actual launch. On the receipt, the booking number was #52. After the official launch, they didn't ask for any more money at the moment. Just asked me to confirm the model/colour and wait until the official price is announced.
payyans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 23:09   #673

Can you decipher your waiting number from the booking ID ? It appears to be of the following format (without the space) :

TCB YYYY MM DD HH MM SS ABC
or
TCB YYYY MM DD HH MM ABCDE

where the last 3 or the last 5 digits (more likely) could be your number in the queue.

For example, a booking made at 12:10 PM on the launch date could be TCB20221125121000124
zcar9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2022, 23:59   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Hi

Here it is.
1) Indonesian Crysta vs Zenix is 20%.
2) TSS is another 15%.
Woah! Thank you so much for the detailed analysis. Looks like price is going to be a bummer in this case, and after the reveal there will be a lot of drop-outs.

I personally do not think TSS deserves a premium of 4-6 lakhs - That does not sound rational at all. In my opinion, the bridge between ZX and ZX(O) should not be more that 1.5-2L, and that too as a stretch.

For ZX(O), an ex-showroom of more than 32L, will be a no-go decision for me. It will raise several other questions about segment, positioning, ease-of driving, and many others which I have been trying hard to suppress looking at the improvements so far. Keeping fingers crossed though
mountainboy1213 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 10:49   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by har_war_09 View Post
But if Toyota changes their strategy and keeps the prices competitive, then definitely it will be end of the game for many brands in this segment.
They target N+7OO+Classic combo. This Juggernaut is unstoppable and Toyota/Maruti is in desperate need of something. Everything else is bonus for them (some numbers of Tata's, MGs, Cretas, Kias - Yes, Creta itself is a brand now, look at the 1.5 liter barely a 5 seater going for 20 lakhs!). I couldn't recollect anything (fully kitted) like Hycross from Toyota for Indian market so far. Whatever we received so far is all half baked, cost cutting, bare minimum utility vehicles than a full on decent offering with latest tech. This is going to sell truck loads. At last the giant woke up from its hibernation? I am only worried about Tata. They will be hit very hard as others can still survive. Mahindra will still survive but they will be required stop playing their waiting period drama. Unless Tata improve their quality, they will be crushed and pushed to 4th or 5th place soon. So, it will be Maruti, Hyundai or Toyota, Mahindra then rest! Watch out Tata.

With a 2 liter Petrol, the highway cruise in the excess of 100kmph (which was the Achilles' heel of Innova Diesels) should be sorted out in Hycross. This should offer a smooth and refined ride, theoretically.

Last edited by sgmuser : 28th November 2022 at 10:53.
sgmuser is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks