Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 19:32   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajakt_23 View Post
No, that's not the case for sure. I booked it online and my dealer called me in next 30 minutes saying that they have received the booking and asked for PAN card and other details to proceed further.
Yeah same thing here. They did take about 4-5 days to send me the receipt for the amount though, stating that their systems have hung due to heavy load. This was true for both the dealership I sent 1l two days before launch and the dealership where I e-booked for 50k right after launch. Since both stories line up, I have no reason to doubt it.
Old 29th November 2022, 19:49   #722
BHPian

It seems media drives are starting tomorrow as shared by Car & Bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-c3efcfa6a7c349dfaf44bcae12bbbde1.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 20:26   #723
Senior - BHPian

Surely this will be a good car, but top end touching or may be crossing 40 Lakhs, is it really worth buying one? Being petrol, I doubt how much efficient it will be in bumper to bumper city traffic. It will most probably give single digit mileage, may be 6-7 like Honda CRV within city limits. Not sure why Toyota launching this in petrol only when they have diesel motor ready. May be because it will grab Fortuner market? Not sure.

This is for sure Toyota CRV! Hope it will offer same smoothness and comfort which Honda has.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 20:38   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Being petrol, I doubt how much efficient it will be in bumper to bumper city traffic. It will most probably give single digit mileage, may be 6-7 like Honda CRV within city limits. Not sure why Toyota launching this in petrol only when they have diesel motor ready. May be because it will grab Fortuner market? Not sure.
I think more than 95 percent bookings will be for hybrid variant. Petrol is just for name sake. Hybrid is the new diesel. It will give comparable mileage to that of the diesel on highways and much higher mileage than that of the diesel on City drives.
amalji is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 20:46   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
I have the opposite problem, booked online & received the booking number from Toyota but the dealer rep keeps calling and saying "he's unable to put the booking in the system", I have no idea what's going on.

Can someone help me decipher this? Am I being taken on a ride by the dealer essentially putting me back in the queue?

This is Nandi Toyota, Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppc_rgs View Post
No. Just a receipt from the dealer. When I enquired, SA said there is no Toyota booking number for dealer bookings.
1. So I booked through the dealer - Nandi Toyota Kudlu Gate Bangalore. And I just got a dealer generated order number (along with a receipt). So it is confusing for me as well that is my booking legit.
1a. Does anyone have the contact details of the GM at Nandi Kudlu?

2. Variant mix - am keen to go in for the VX since it has a bench seat. On seeing the variant mix, I do not see a major difference between the ZX and VX apart from the number of airbags (that's a big one) and creature comforts (screen size, music system etc). Is this understanding correct?

3. Since this would have a significant size battery, would that eat up into the boot space? I saw this in the Hyryder.

4. Any estimates on the battery life / cost / maintenance involved?
Old 29th November 2022, 20:52   #726
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
1. Since this would have a significant size battery, would that eat up into the boot space? I saw this in the Hyryder.

2. Any estimates on the battery life / cost / maintenance involved?
1. Unlike the HyRyder, the HyCross' battery is located under the front seats, so the battery eating into boot-space doesn't exist here.

2. There is a standard 8-year warranty on the battery, after which if it fails the cost should be 2 Lakh (2015 Camry Battery costs 2.6 lakh) to replace, but over the next 8 years it may become cheaper.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 29th November 2022 at 20:56.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 23:28   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Given the Crysta diesel will be sold as well, this Hycross will never be the choice of fleet owners or yellow-board requirements.
Why not? If a petrol hybrid can give good mileage, they could go with it easily. Even a pure pertol / mild Hybrid Ertiga could do reasonably well for the yellow boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
The Hycross can kill the 2WD Fortuner. The only reason to buy a 2WD Fortuner over this is the second row bench seats in the 6 airbag version.
Maybe that is one of the reasons that Toyota doesnt offer bench in top end Hycross, so that Fortuner gets an USP over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
I was chatting with the Toyota Dealer in Bangalore, and I was told that there is a 5 month waiting period already for the Hycross. Don't know if that is true or if the Dealer is trying to create a XUV700 like situation.
No way they can know the waiting period now, without knowing the production capacity, rollout pace, or ongoing demand, especially with pricing yet to be announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcar9 View Post
Can you decipher your waiting number from the booking ID ? It appears to be of the following format (without the space) :

TCB YYYY MM DD HH MM SS ABC
or
TCB YYYY MM DD HH MM ABCDE

where the last 3 or the last 5 digits (more likely) could be your number in the queue.

For example, a booking made at 12:10 PM on the launch date could be TCB20221125121000124
The last 3 characters are alphabetical for me, not numbers.
Old 29th November 2022, 23:59   #728
BHPian

I don't know why there is a general negativity surrounding the hybrid engine of this car when people haven't even driven the hybrid drivetrains in general for more than few kilometers during test drives. I have Ciaz diesel manual which is the one of the most efficient diesel sedan and have recently purchased a City Hybrid and the difference is quite evident. I had to eke out more than 24 kmpl from my Ciaz even when it was new and gave a mileage of 22.5-23 in mixed driving conditions, the City hybrid is easily giving more than 25 kmpl every time sometimes touching 26 kmpl in the same driving style and in the same conditions. My brother also has Diesel Innova Crysta 2.8 Auto and has not seen an average over 15 even in pure highway driving with cruise control on. So, from my experience I can safely say the Hycross will easily be more efficient than Crsyta diesel.
And for the torque figures I think Toyota has not posted the combined figures of the Engine and Motor which is leading to the confusion.

Regards,
Kushagra
kush812 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 07:38   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
I checked with my dealer on this - She mentioned that online bookings reach them only after 10-15 days, and hence are sequenced later in queue.

I doubt if that's the case, but have no idea how the system here works!
When I booked the Crysta online last February outside working hours, the dealer confirmed it in the next business day by evening. This was in Kerala.
There should perhaps be no reason for this to happen differently with another model and another dealer. But there is no means to raise an issue, as the TKM customer care refers all queries back to the dealer.
Old 30th November 2022, 08:41   #730
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross media drive reviews goes live on 6th December at 12pm - Link

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669777754757.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669777757738.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669777760527.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669777763725.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669777766424.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 09:09   #731
Senior - BHPian

I can't help but notice, how tiny and invisible the Hycross moniker is compared to the Crysta moniker 6 years back from a similar rear quarter view. And this makes the Innova moniker all the more prominent for any casual observer seeing the rear from a distance.

I like these dark brown shade over the light brown that was used in the Crysta or Hector
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 09:57   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
How about the torque from electric motor in hycross? I am not sure how and in what ratio it gets added to final torque. Will appreciate if someone can help to understand.
Even I am eager to hear more on this. Do they add up-I guess not because, if it was so, then Toyota would have based their adds around those figures. Let us wait till 6th December n see!
Old 30th November 2022, 10:05   #733
BHPian

Does anyone know if the co-driver seat also comes with powered seat adjustment, or is it manual?
Old 30th November 2022, 10:33   #734
Senior - BHPian

More interior pictures, Ottoman Seats and bootspace.

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-smartselect_20221130103030_instagram.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-smartselect_20221130103052_instagram.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-smartselect_20221130103119_instagram.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-smartselect_20221130103130_instagram.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-smartselect_20221130103106_instagram.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th November 2022 at 10:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 12:24   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Does anyone know if the co-driver seat also comes with powered seat adjustment, or is it manual?
Co-Driver seat has manual adjustment, unlike the driver’s seat.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed