Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2022, 13:51   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
How do the current Crysta owners feel about the car?
As a 2022 Crysta owner, I am impressed but still think Crysta Zx D was a wiser decision.
Overall the looks have improved slightly. But nothing drastic if you don't care about sunroof or fancy features. The current Zx alloys were better looking I feel.
If are are some one who care more about core mechanicals this may be a step down. But if you love feature rich cars, this should be the best car to put your money on in 30-42L range.
I mean no offense but that sounds like buyer's remorse talking. Toyota has finally decided to come out of the stone age and bring the Innova up to spec with what the competition has been offering. Give it some bigger tyres and a better looking instrument cluster and this would be perfect.
Cresterk is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:54   #362
BHPian

The car in white car looks great ! The interior is little too busy.

Just pull back the A pillar a little and it looks like an SUV already. They can have a SUV with minimal changes to the body and have AWD option. Expect to sell in droves even at north of 35 lakhs on road.
PreludeSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:56   #363
Senior - BHPian

New Toyota Innova Hycross Infographic, official pictures

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134216_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134223_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134241_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134250_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134258_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134309_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134325_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134333_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134348_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134403_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134415_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134426_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134453_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134531_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134554_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134612_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134629_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134707_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134717_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134731_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134815_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134830_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134909_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134928_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134945_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121135019_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121135040_youtube.jpg

New Toyota Innova petrol and hybrid variants

Prices in Indonesia - IDR 419 million (INR 21.8 lakh) to IDR 458 million (INR 23.8 lakh).

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-20221121_135306.jpg

TVC

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st November 2022 at 13:59.
Venkatesh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 14:03   #364
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Hycross looks good. The monocoque build will help in better comfort. But I don't think this will be anywhere close to current Crysta price. Knowing Toyota, they will price it upwards of 25L and the top end might touch 40L.
speedmiester is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 14:12   #365
BHPian

On Indonesian site, all variants of old Innova have been removed including prices. Indication of same happening here? They'll discontinue the Crysta including for commercial market?

Interesting times ahead in Toyota land.
Stolidus500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 14:15   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How do the current Crysta owners feel about the car?
As a 2022 Crysta owner, I am impressed but still think Crysta Zx D was a wiser decision.
Overall the looks have improved slightly. But nothing drastic if you don't care about sunroof or fancy features. The current Zx alloys were better looking I feel.
If are are some one who care more about core mechanicals this may be a step down. But if you love feature rich cars, this should be the best car to put your money on in 30-42L range.
No Offense, but that's some buyers remorse there!

Looks have improved drastically (alloys could have been better). It gains that SUVish design and still retains the characteristic of an MPV. Sounds fantastic to me.

I don't understand from mechanical point of view, why is this car step down? 206 PS of power vs 154 of Crysta, the FE should also be drastically better. Sure it loses the BOF platform merits, but at the same time gains monocoque platform merits as well.

Than there's many of the features which was quite necessary for Innova at that price point like the Ottoman seats, powered backdoor, puddle lamps, EPB with auto hold etc.
07CR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 14:23   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I mean no offense but that sounds like buyer's remorse talking. Toyota has finally decided to come out of the stone age and bring the Innova up to spec with what the competition has been offering. Give it some bigger tyres and a better looking instrument cluster and this would be perfect.
While I agree Zenix is better than Crysta in almost all possible ways, Crysta was launched in 2016 and when launched had period correct features, mechanicals and tech. Cars do get dated quickly, a XUV700 will get outdated in terms of tech in 2 or 3 years from now. Diesel engine will be missed but I am sure Hybrid is the way forward. Overall dimensions, engine, feature set clearly point out this is the next gen Innova.
PrideRed is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 14:27   #368
BHPian

Do you think below specs will give that push back effect of Diesel engine even with full load of passengers? 2.0 Petrol engine has peak torque atleast 2000 rpm higher compared to 2.4 Diesel engine. For reference, 360 Nm @ 1400 - 2600 rpm.

Key to Innova's success is its careless and effortless driving no matter number of passengers or uphill drive or no terrain at all. This will be interesting to watch out for.
Quote:
TNGA's New 2.0L Engine
The All New Kijang Innova Zenix gets a Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) 2.0L gasoline engine coded M20S-FKS Dynamic Force Engine which is claimed to be efficient and powerful. This 1,987 cc 4-cylinder Dual VVT-i engine produces 174 PS of power at 6,600 rpm and 20.9 Kgm of torque at 4,500-4,900 rpm.

Fifth Generation Hybrid

The hybrid technology used is the fifth generation or the most up-to-date from Toyota, just like the one used in the latest Toyota Prius.

The M20A-FXS-coded TNGA 2.0L engine on the All New Kijang Innova Zenix Hybrid EV produces 152 PS of power at 6,000 rpm and 19.1 Kgm of torque at 4,400-5,200 rpm. This Dual VVT-i 4-cylinder engine is powered by an electric motor of 113 PS and 21 Kgm of torque, resulting in a combined power of 186 PS.

The hybrid variant features Ni-MH batteries packed in a compact package and stored under both front seats without compromising space in the cabin area. Mizuma claims that the selection of nickel batteries is suitable for the All New Kijang Innova Zenix Hybrid EV because it has better resistance in hot weather such as Indonesia.

Manual Transmission Eliminated

All New ToyotaKijang InnovaZenix gasoline and hybrid engines are both equipped with a CVT transmission coded K120. There is no longer the option of a manual transmission as in the previous model. Transmini CVT is claimed to have smooth and responsive performance.
A 10-speed sequential shiftmatic mode is adopted to allow gearshifts such as manual transmission to improve driving pleasure. The system allows shifting in the selected al-gear by moving the transmission lever to + or - when the transmission lever is in position M.

Uphill/downhill shift controlis claimed to contribute to improving driving ability on mountain routes. Its system assesses uphill or downhill roads according to the gas opening and speed of the car. When going uphill, the control of the acceleration pedal is improved. As the downhill and the car slides faster and faster, the downshiftis implemented automatically. Downshiftalso plays a role in providing a stronger engine brake effect when the brakes start working.

The G HV, V HV, and Q HV types are equipped with Eco, Normal, Power, and EV driving modes. While the G and V types of gasoline only have Eco, Normal, and Power driving modes.

Is this Double wishbone or MacPherson strut type suspension on front wheels?

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134707_youtube.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot_20221121134815_youtube.jpg

Last edited by varunswnt : 21st November 2022 at 14:56.
varunswnt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 14:27   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
No Offense, but that's some buyers remorse there!

No where I told the Innova Hycross is ulterior to Crysta. In fact my daughter was mightily impressed with new Carnival (she wanted to wait for it) and I was sold out on Fortuner. But still went ahead with Crysta.

Do you think that this will be priced on par with Crysta? If so then I surely will have some buyer's remorse. But I wont pay more than 5L+ for the top end which may be the case.

I already stated, I am not a fan of bling features and more impressed with solid mechanicals. If the monocoque, FWD, torsion beam suspension design changes can prove the worth and go anywhere reliability like Crysta, I am ready to change my opinion.

Last edited by poloman : 21st November 2022 at 14:34.
poloman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 14:29   #370
BHPian

I am concerned about this vehicle having CVT gearbox. I have been driving Honda City and CVT's limitations are visible when pressing hard on Acceleration. Even if Hycross is having 2 litre engine, it's heavy as well. What could be the reason for Toyota to give CVT here?
gopalnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 14:32   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
206 PS of power vs 154 of Crysta, the FE should also be drastically better. Sure it loses the BOF platform merits, but at the same time gains monocoque platform merits as well.

Than there's many of the features which was quite necessary for Innova at that price point like the Ottoman seats, powered backdoor, puddle lamps, EPB with auto hold etc.
Totally in agreement with the features point of view. BUT. An HEV with 206hp is not the same as a diesel with 154hp. And a TC is not the same as an eCVT. The torque from a turbo diesel is far superior than the linear acceleration of an HEV. The merits of BOF impart a sense of indestructibility in the car’s character, which can be felt by the driver while tackling extreme roads. Sure, the highway manners will improve but the Crysta will remain the solid go anywhere traveller. With regard to FE, well you get petrol which is costlier than diesel. And HEV which is also costlier than a diesel engine. AND Toyota, who will look at fat margins first. Maybe the FE can offset that, maybe not. Only a road test will tell.

On a side note, it does suck when you buy a new car and a newer one comes out but that’s a part of life…

Last edited by city2491 : 21st November 2022 at 14:33. Reason: Transmission differences.
city2491 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 15:10   #372
BHPian

I still p(w)onder why a market like India needs this when Crysta is fits the bill kind of well (priced at least 20% more than it should be) with the potent diesel. The 2 lit petrol is going to struggle a bit with fully loaded or going to sacrifice the FE it can give if it is just 5 seater.

I presume Kijang in far east needed a refresh (Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia etc.) and this is what required to be delivered there. But for India, Toyota needed some rejuvenation (to continue the buzz built up out of their hybrid SUV) and that is why this is pushed to the throat here. This is needed for otherwise dull looking Toyota showrooms.

India is more of a SUV/mini SUV market due to the road conditions. Not for soft riding MUVs. Innova itself is gobbled up by the travels business more than the family users when it comes to ratio. It is a tough as nails body on frame MUV. But still, people will line up and buy this in bulk just because it is Toyota.

The entry price I forecasted going to be at 23-25+ ex showroom and the top end will touch the 40 OTR. If there are any lower models, it will be just shells.

Since Toyota does not have a SUV to face the Scorpio N, they will use their name and Hybrid as their trump card. Mahindra is struggling with the delivery, so, let us utilise this, TKM thought and swiftly acted to bring this in. While doing this they will also crush Carnival (current). The new 2022/2023 Carnival is miles ahead in terms of design/space/tech/features and if priced right (should be priced right, now after this). Kijang can not even come close in those areas. I want to see the new Kia Carnival soon here which is the really family MUV with equally good engines.

Travel business will be unhappy for not getting oil burners in this. So, families will have a premium exclusive Toyota muv now, at last!

Last edited by sgmuser : 21st November 2022 at 15:16. Reason: typo
sgmuser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 15:25   #373
BHPian

Just extrapolating the price of Innova (Indonesia), we see 13% price increase on base variant.

Old Innova (base variant) G M/T Gasoline = Rp 367,000,000
New G gasoline = Rp 419,000,000

Can we expect similar price increase over Crysta?

That would mean G automatic (non hybrid) should cost ₹20.99 lakh (ex showroom)
And G hybrid will cost 10% more ₹23.49 lakh (ex showroom).

The topend Z hybrid variant come to ₹30 lakh (ex showroom).

So we can expect 21 to 30 lakhs price range for new Innova (just a guess)

My Max budget is 25 lakhs and hoping to get a good mid variant.
jthomas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 15:35   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

First impressions (from pictures & videos)

• Practical dashboard design with plenty of storage spaces. Love the fact that they took the Noah/Voxy design philosophy instead of the Corolla/Corolla Cross one.

Noah dashboard
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-007.jpg
  • The door mounted controls for the driver is at an ergonomic angle.
  • The door mounted controls for the driver is at an ergonomic angle, like some SUVs and closer home the Isuzu Dmax.
  • Dashboard mounted gearlever frees up space.
  • Every chauffeur driven Innova owner's wet dream. Those footrests.

Dislikes
  • Can't get over the drivetrain and suspension change.
  • Was expecting the Noah/ Voxy dashboard as it is. A few storage spaces missing compared to the Noah/Voxy.
  • Knobs for volume control, climate control missing. Though thankfully not a touchscreen overload.
  • Could have offered 2nd row ventilated seats instead of the rear entertainment screens.

Quote:
How do the current Crysta owners feel about the car?...If are are some one who care more about core mechanicals this may be a step down. But if you love feature rich cars, this should be the best car to put your money on in 30-42L range.
For those who know their cars and hold onto them longer, this will be a downgrade. For all others who keep them for 5-6 years, this will be all they need. Panoramic roof + boss rear seats + 20+km/l is too irresistible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
All good except torsion beam rear, if that's what it has. For a large three row six/seven seater anything but torsion beam. This is just personal preference and 99.9999% customers wouldn't mind.
The torsion beam suspension can be tuned to give a good ride, but a well tuned torsion beam suspension is anyday inferior to a well tuned independent rear suspension/ multi link one. But this will fall short of the current Innova's ability to swallow eight passengers and their luggage and do 100+km/h with a flat ride in our roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Maybe they'll change somethings from Indonesia spec, like more chrome and maybe that'll include different alloys too?
Hope it includes more base variants and an infotainment with physical controls. And though i don't really like it, most probably we will getting the diamond cut alloys vis-a-vis the ordinary alloys in the Indonesian spec just like the current Innova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
What could be the reason for Toyota to give CVT here?
Except for some recent high performance hybrids with a 6-speed automatic, all other Toyota hybrids have an eCVT. And the normal petrol models with engines size of 2000cc and below have CVT. Only the bigger engines get the torque convertor automatics. If the Hycross has the Direct shift transmission, then it will have a physical first gear to take care of the typical CVT beahviour at low revs.

All said and done. A good vehicle if this is part of the Innova family and is a new sub brand. Many customers would be happy with this than the Innova Crysta. But as a replacement for the Innova, this has pretty large shoes to fill. Wonder how the Australian tuned Innova Crysta facelift has shaped up. Anything that has ended up being designed or tuned in Australia ends up being fun.

Once the intial excitement has worn off, this looks to me more of a blown up Avanza/Veloz than a decontented version of the Noah/Voxy.

Last edited by DicKy : 21st November 2022 at 15:45.
DicKy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 16:28   #375
Kln
BHPian

Looks incredibly classy. Price is going to put it out of reach for the original Innova demographic though. What a journey the humble Innova has had - I remember the 2016 Crysta being around 20 on road. And now this will easily near the double of this.
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks