Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:06   #406
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Great package from Toyota. There are only very few good looking toyotas and this is one of them. Already a fan of Highlander and this looks great to me.
Surprisingly kerb weight was not mentioned anywhere IIRC.
Space, packaging and features looks great. Pricing in India will be a key point as they got a habit of making anything unaffordable. Tata Safari( FCA diesel+ Hyundai AT) +2 lakhs (Toyota premium) is the right price point for this petrol hybrid car, but toyota might place it at 19-32 lakhs ex.showroom religiously filling the gap between Hyryder and Fortuner.
Another thing is the pending deliveries of M&M at this segment, which is a great pool for already strong Toyota base. But also Toyota is already having a busy production schedule with Hyryder twins, so how much they could deliver is a question mark. If toyota also is going to just rake up the bookings then Tata or MG will benefit the most with the facelifts.
Best wishes for Toyota, I have no hopes on the premium charged maruti cousin, i will never consider it at this price point.
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:01   #407
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Looks lovely but a lot of people will get hurt because of missing MT.
*Sigh* If only it were RWD.
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:17   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Specification sheet as released in Indonesia:

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-3.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-1.jpg
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-2.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd November 2022 at 10:19.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:23   #409
d.j
BHPian

Not a Toyota fan, but this is one more lottery ticket for Toyota, for the prices, it very likely they turning tables on us consumers from Kitna deti hai to kitne tak main de doge? Indian consumers will love it, no doubts of little cross shopping a level but at the end Toyota seem to have one more winner with them.

Regards/DJ
d.j is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:49   #410
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross vs Innova Crysta: New vs old - Source

Name:  20221122102428_hycross vs crysta2.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  59.7 KB

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-hycross_and_crysta_collage_headon.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-hycross-vs-crysta3.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-hycross-vs-crysta4.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-smartselect_20221122104806_chrome.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669092249092.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669092252236.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669092256724.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669092259732.jpg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-fb_img_1669092262312.jpg

Source : AutonetMagz

Last edited by Venkatesh : 22nd November 2022 at 10:50.
Venkatesh is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:56   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
*Sigh* If only it were RWD.
Offtopic. Looks like Toyota has some sort of averison to RWD nowadays. Even at their beige appliance image era, they had RWD cars atleast in the JDM market and other East/Southeast Asian markets. But now it is hard to find any. The TNGA-L platform seems to have worked out to be too expensive, as other than the Mirai and top end Lexuses they don't use the platform in any others. Even in BEVs, where many traditionally RWD averse manufacturers have started offering RWD models, Toyota's BEVs continue to be FWD/AWD.

Terribly offtopic I agree , since other than IMV platform, there is no other way a RWD platform would be used for a Toyota vehicle the price of the Innova. The Fortuner may jump to the TNGA-F platform, but not the Innova.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:06   #412
Senior - BHPian

Specifications look all good
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-specs_balls_vs_noballs.jpg

Except...
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-balls_vs_noballs.jpg

Last edited by Sankar : 22nd November 2022 at 11:07.
Sankar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:13   #413
Senior - BHPian

Wow, MPV with some sporty bits. Does remind me of ford endeavour and should sell well. Expecting long waiting period and Toyota cash machines will ring loud. I doubt if they price it below 20L

Honestly I am tempted to swap my corolla as this would be a great tourer for me.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:22   #414
BHPian

Not sure if they needed the big gear stalk and that too in that position. They could have gone with normal design or omitted the gear stalk altogether. It could have been clean and would have provided space to keep other things.

Looks like they still wanted a MPV and not a minivan with its ground clearance and high stance.

People waiting for XUV700 will have a great alternative. Hope Toyota can produce enough of them. Eagerly waiting to test drive. Would make a great family vehicle.

Last edited by PreludeSH : 22nd November 2022 at 11:24.
PreludeSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:46   #415
BHPian

Sorry guys, little off-topic confusion. Help me with some clarity

Should a person who is waiting for XUV700 diesel delivery in 2023, change his decision and switch to something like this New Innova Hybrid, considering diesel cars are apparently going to have issues with BS6-II norms ?

And, even if someone gets his diesel car delivery post new Govt norms, what are the issues he/she might face (as we all know companies usually do not care about customer issues now a days) or is it just my assumption ?

Thanks !
Old 22nd November 2022, 11:55   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
Should a person who is waiting for XUV700 diesel delivery in 2023, change his decision and switch to something like this New Innova Hybrid, considering diesel cars are apparently going to have issues with BS6-II norms ?

And, even if someone gets his diesel car delivery post new Govt norms, what are the issues he/she might face (as we all know companies usually do not care about customer issues now a days) or is it just my assumption ?

Thanks !
My parents are in the same boat - I say just prebook the HYCROSS and get it. As it is an asset since Toyota will charge 5 lacs more 3-4 years down the line from its launch price for exact same car plus it is bound to have insane resale value like all Innovas. Pus since it’s a Toyota it will be very reliable unlike Mahindras (My Thar ownership have taught me to love thy service centre associates), plus since it’s a Hybrid you will get upwards of 20KMPL instead of 700’s 10-11 kmpl in-city economy and no BS6 issues either which plague every brand, Toyota included. This Innova seems to have all 700’s features plus some .
AMG1 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:05   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
Sorry guys, little off-topic confusion. Help me with some clarity

Thanks !
I am sitting with XUV 7OO AX7L D AT AWD booking since Feb. 22 with tentative delivery scheduled around May 2023. I am surely switching my booking to top-end new Innova Hycross for sure. Hybrid compensates for the FE vs Diesel, High Ex-showroom price of Innova vs XUV 7OO will be compensated by lower maintainence of Hybrid vs Diesel plus better resale value of Innova.

Expecting Innova Hycross will be offering almost all features and comfort vis-a-vis XUV 7OO except AWD & ADAS. Though I love to have ADAS but can forego AWD. The car is meant for purely Highway commute. Expecting Delhi OTR under 38L for top-end.
superbhikari is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:15   #418
BHPian

The major difference in its body stance is the fact that the D pillar has been given a good slope as compared to Innova Crysta giving it a SUV stance more than minivan stance from the side and rear profile.

One of the biggest selling points of Innova is the ample / realistic 3rd row seating along with a usable boot space unlike other 7 seaters.

But how the profile change will affect the head room of the 3rd row (I assume leg room wont get curbed given that the body length is going to be approx. same), and affect the boot space will be interesting to watch.
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:33   #419
BHPian

This is an MUV in a SUVs clothing, a good looking one at that.

And with this, Innova complete it’s journey from a utilitarian rural van (it is, in most most non-Indian markets) to a more refined and plush suburban van. Quite an upgrade at all levels.

Now Toyota just needs to price it right, wishful thinking I know.
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:49   #420
BHPian

Finally, sunroof! Yay!

Really a good people mover and the design is quite neutral as well - no crazy design elements and will appeal to the masses. As someone mentioned ahead, Toyotas are appreciating assets and if there is a launch price that's lower, people should go for it.

The folks at Skoda (and to an extent, Jeep) have cause to be worried. Except for the 4x4, this has everything going for it in comparative specs. And then it's a Toyota. If Toyota prices this within 10-15% range of the above, both models will have a serious hit.

If Toyota decides to kill the competition from Mahindra, they can start as low as 18L and some folks could potentially stretch towards that as well. But I don't see that happening as they would want this to be filling the gap between the Crysta and the Fortuner.

What a brilliant marketing department in Toyota. They raise the base prices but keep the gap between vehicles to fit new ones which they can normalize after the initial days. And then increase the price for the new model and then introduce yet another one in between. Fantastic work!
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks