Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:49   #421
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Hi Folks

Sorry if the questions look naive.

1. Do any of the versions come with a plug in option? Or the batteries cannot be charged externally if somebody commutes only 20-30 km? Can they run it purely as a EV?

2. Are the interiors (black) available only in highest model?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2022 at 13:43. Reason: Punctuations and capitalising.
AlokJain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 13:14   #422
BHPian

One hell of a product from Toyota. They surely have a winner on their hands.
I'm transferring the booking from Fortuner to Innova when it's launched. This is much more futuristic than bare-bones Fortuner and can keep the family happy for a long time. Please don't mistake my views on Fortuner as I held one briefly in 2016-17, and I know its pros/cons well. A hybrid Fortuner isn't wishful thinking, and I believe it's a matter of 1 or 2 years before Toyota launches Hybrid Fortuner.

Hybrid is the way forward for markets like India where plug-in 100% EV is challenging. Hybrid gives complete peace of mind, and it's time tested by Toyota with its well-proven Hybrid technology.

I still don't see much information on the colour options and will wait till it's out.
Overall, it's a great product, and I HOPE they don't kill it with a steep price.
harishpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 13:25   #423
BHPian

I can't even imagine the waitlist someone will get on Nov 26th booking date vs 25th . It will be the difference between getting it next year vs 2024!
reppy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 14:05   #424
BHPian

BHPians who have previous booking experience with toyota, which is the best way to book the car - online or through the dealer. The M&M online booking experience is smooth & has the option of selecting the dealer. Plus the dealer has no say in allotments. Are Toyota online bookings as hassle-free? Or is it better to go with the dealer?
greenoval is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 14:14   #425

Being a Diesel Crysta 2017 owner and living in NCR, had been looking for an alternate (Petrol) to replace the car because of 10 year rule. Had test driven XUV 700 and Scorpio - N as a potential replacement and loved their drive. But after each test drive, when I sat back in my Crysta, it never made sense to replace it with the Mahindra siblings due to sheer comfort and reliability it offers. Also, the family outrightly said that those cars are good, but Innova is far better for them.

Finally looks like an amazing offer in market for a potential replacement. Hoping that this car delivers at least same level of comfort of what Crysta offers, with 10-15% cost difference from the outgoing model (with a lot of more added features compared to existing model). This is definitely on top of the list now. But would definitely drive it first and preferably wait for some ownership reviews before going with this (unless the test drive steals the heart and seals the deal).
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:25   #426

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel most of the cars' tyres (OEM) are at-least 1 size smaller. Is there a stronger engineering reason behind? Bigger tyres, higher friction is the reason for this?
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:45   #427
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Oh! Good looking car. Initially I thought Toyota has got the USA model Venza. But realised this is much taller, where as Venza is more of a station wagon type.
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:50   #428
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross to be revealed in India on 25th November at 11AM.

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-20221122_154656.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:54   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokJain View Post
Hi Folks

Sorry if the questions look naive.

1. Do any of the versions come with a plug in option? Or the batteries cannot be charged externally if somebody commutes only 20-30 km? Can they run it purely as a EV?

2. Are the interiors (black) available only in highest model?
My answers for the respective questions:

1. It is a self-charging small capacity battery like the Camry’s and HyRyder’s. There is no option to charge it externally. Yes, it can run in pure EV mode but it’s range is <10kmph.

2. For the India Spec car, the top-end variant will be getting a dual colour scheme of tan and black (similar to what the Crysta’s ZX variant offered) unlike the all-black theme in the Indonesian spec. Lower variants could however be offered with the all-Black theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
BHPians who have previous booking experience with toyota, which is the best way to book the car - online or through the dealer. The M&M online booking experience is smooth & has the option of selecting the dealer. Plus the dealer has no say in allotments. Are Toyota online bookings as hassle-free? Or is it better to go with the dealer?
With Toyota it’s always better to book at a dealership, Toyota’s booking portal isn’t as advanced as Mahindra’s nor does it give regular updates that Mahindra does. I know two/three people who have already deposited an unofficial booking amount of ₹50k at a Toyota dealership in Delhi for the HyCross.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:56   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
With Toyota it’s always better to book at a dealership, Toyota’s booking portal isn’t as advanced as Mahindra’s nor does it give regular updates that Mahindra does.
Yes that is correct and the dealerships are also offering an un official queue no....

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd November 2022 at 16:14. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 22nd November 2022, 16:00   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwath P View Post
I don't know if it's just me, but I feel most of the cars' tyres (OEM) are at-least 1 size smaller. Is there a stronger engineering reason behind? Bigger tyres, higher friction is the reason for this?
Hi . Yes , they are smaller for a better ride comfort and also mileage. Smaller tyres = lesser contact patch with the road and better mileage.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 17:44   #432
BHPian

Comparing the price of the current Kijang Innova and Innova Crysta, I feel the Innova Hycross would have a ex-showroom price of ₹19.99 lakhs for the entry level non-hybrid(not sure weather they will launch the non-hybrid version here).

Coming to the hybrid, I feel it would start at around ₹22 to ₹23 lakhs and would go up to ₹29.99 lakhs. So, this would mean OTR price of more than ₹37 lakhs in Bengaluru and around ₹7 lakhs cheaper than a top-spec Carnival on road.
Old 22nd November 2022, 17:49   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
Sorry guys, little off-topic confusion. Help me with some clarity

Should a person who is waiting for XUV700 diesel delivery in 2023, change his decision and switch to something like this New Innova Hybrid, considering diesel cars are apparently going to have issues with BS6-II norms ?

And, even if someone gets his diesel car delivery post new Govt norms, what are the issues he/she might face (as we all know companies usually do not care about customer issues now a days) or is it just my assumption ?

Thanks !
Depends on your usage pattern too. Diesel is economical for heavy usage as 2.0L petrol, even with hybrid will still return you 11-12 kmpl mileage.

But if your usage is less, then petrol or hybrid both will make a great choice. Remember XUV700 petrol is a guzzler with single digit fuel figures. Hybrid will be a better choice compared to regular petrol but dont expect miracles like 20+ kmpl
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 17:59   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
I have recently received my Hyryder after booking online on the launch day. There is no online tracking of your booking like M&M. No transparency by dealers on allocation. I had to literally fight & leave negative reviews to get my vehicle allocated. I highly recommend that you do a booking directly with the dealer & try to talk to the managers as well. You would need to constantly follow up & escalate to get your allocation. Its a sellers market & they are releasing an already hot-selling winner.
rr06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 18:09   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwath P View Post
It's a common trope with economy cars. Smaller tyres = cheaper + has less rolling resistance and thus better acceleration and fuel efficiency even with smaller engines. It's also easier to find replacements and cheaper to replace.

I know it's probably heresy to call a 30L+ vehicle an economy car, but that's how it stands in the world market.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed