Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 18:15   #436
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Zigwheels is reporting that price announcement could also happen on 25th Nov along with unveil. Not sure how much intel do they've however if Toyota really follows the pattern of Indonesian launch, it would be a great welcome from potential buyers. I always prefer launch having all details required for buyer to make decision. The current trend of launch/soft launch/unveil is becoming painful for most of us to follow.

Source : https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...thought/47797/
LeoMachine is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 18:38   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
It's a common trope with economy cars. Smaller tyres = cheaper + has less rolling resistance
It is actually the opposite, smaller diameter tyres have more rolling resistance for the same pressure.
Old 22nd November 2022, 20:22   #438
BHPian

So I did go out on a limb and put forward a "soft booking" for the Innova Hycross.

Few points (these are the inputs from the SA):

1. SA / Dealer expects the price range for the low to the high end to be between Rs. 30 and 35 lacs OTR Bangalore. But he said that Toyota did surprise us by pricing the Hyryder 1-2 lacs more than we expected, so we might be off on this one too.

2. Did mention that price would be revealed on Nov 25. But then quickly added "Maybe in a week (pause) or 2 weeks"

3. Expecting deliveries to begin Feb end

4. Top end would (may) not have a bench

5. No clue about the infotainment system or ADAS features

6. Would come in 3 engine options. Only petrol, mild hybrid (13-15kmpl) and strong hybrid (16-18 kmpl)

Parting shot "Sir, it looks like and got all features of Velfire!"
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 20:42   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
So I did go out on a limb and put forward a "soft booking" for the Innova Hycross.

Few points (these are the inputs from the SA):

1. SA / Dealer expects the price range for the low to the high end to be between Rs. 30 and 35 lacs OTR Bangalore. But he said that Toyota did surprise us by pricing the Hyryder 1-2 lacs more than we expected, so we might be off on this one too.
For soft booking how much was the booking amount? Do we get any receipt?

I am also thinking of pre-booking.

30 lakh (OTR Bangalore) for base variant seems too high. That's like 30% hike.

Current Crysta Z Petrol Automatic costs the same. Whereas Crysta base cost 23 lakh. I am expecting max 15% price hike.

Hope mid variants are there below 25 lakh (ex showroom). The Hycross looks are growing on me day by day.
Old 22nd November 2022, 20:48   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
Would come in 3 engine options. Only petrol, mild hybrid (13-15kmpl) and strong hybrid (16-18 kmpl)
What’s the mild hybrid engine? Hope it’s not the 1.5L K15C from Maruti Suzuki which ACI had reported a few months back.
Old 22nd November 2022, 20:56   #441
BHPian

It seems like Toyota destroyed all SUVs, MUVs and compacts around 20 lac with this single car. This is the original Innova moment happening again.
lionheart_mm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 21:13   #442
BHPian

Whoa ! The car looks stunning. Left me in a fix having bought Crysta just this March. But still non diesel is sort of a deal breaker for me. But it sure is a stunner and could have melted my heart if I were to pick one now.

Also I can so very foresee so many able accessories already in making for this naked SUV to deck it up nicely and make it meatier. Next year should be really fun just exploring the mods and accessories on this. Jolly times

Last edited by tinnieboy : 22nd November 2022 at 21:14. Reason: Correct spelling
Old 22nd November 2022, 21:17   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokJain View Post
Hi you can try Galaxy Toyota.. .. they might take advance bookings
Refund policy of galaxy Toyota is bad. One month. Booked Hyryder and yet to get refund after more than 22 days
Old 22nd November 2022, 22:08   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post

Current Crysta Z Petrol Automatic costs the same. Whereas Crysta base cost 23 lakh. I am expecting max 15% price hike.

Hope mid variants are there below 25 lakh (ex showroom). The Hycross looks are growing on me day by day.
Nearby dealer here in Kerala has offered to unofficially pre-book the Innova hybrid for me for 1L. We are transferring the money to the dealership account itself. The salesman has promised to put our booking through, the moment bookings officially open on the 25th.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 22:11   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post

1. One lakh for pre booking. Which in essence is actually the booking amount when they put it in the system on Friday.

2. These are on road Bangalore prices. But yes, 30 lakhs for base seems on the higher side.

3. Yes, received a formal booking form (receipt), including details whether I want to exchange my existing car and my wedding anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
What’s the mild hybrid engine? Hope it’s not the 1.5L K15C from Maruti Suzuki which ACI had reported a few months back.
Dare I say the SAs responses did not inspire much confidence in me.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 06:35   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstock3001 View Post
Glad someone bought this up.

I wish (I really do wish) it is priced competitively for me to afford the Hybrid automatic variant. I can let go my panoramic sunroof requirement for this.
If Toyota were to price their products on the basis of our bank balances,their marketing strategy would go haywire.They’re not foolish enough to price themselves out of the market.
Narendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 08:53   #447
Senior - BHPian

Is there any information on how the third row seats is going to be folded in this model? I was not able to find any information related to this.
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:08   #448
BHPian

Im curious, what is difference in weight between the crysta and the hycross?
Is the ground clearance having any impact due to the batteries for the hybrids?

I think we will ultimately have to wait to see how this car handles with respect to the Crysta. In essence it's a completely new beast and must be looked at as just a brand new launch by Toyota.

Being Toyota, we expect the mechanicals to be solid and price a little above standard. That's been the pattern. Curious to see XUV700 sales impacted by this launch. Lot will depend on production capabilities.
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:19   #449
BHPian

Loved the car. Beautiful interior. Looks more spacious. Feature Rich. It is a complete package.
Price can be one level above Innova Crysta. Considering new Kia carnival launch soon, pricing is tricky.

Have couple of questions related to specs.
Does any know how much boot space it will have?
What is the battery capacity for Strong hybrid?

Last edited by KeepReading : 23rd November 2022 at 09:22.
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:55   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Future Toyota hybrids to drop blue logo, no longer present on 2023 Toyota Innova and Prius.

We can confirm that Toyota will be dropping its signature blue emblem on all its hybrid models launched from this point onwards. The wave-pattern Hybrid badge on the boot lid and front sides, however, will remain.

Quote:
The reason? Toyota says hybrid is now mainstream and, in many markets, hybrid models constitute for more than more than 50 percent of its local sales. In Western Europe for example, 70 percent of Toyota models sold there are hybrids. In Thailand, more than 50 percent of Camry sold are hybrids, likewise for 85 percent of Toyota Corolla Cross.
Thus, Toyota finds that it is no longer necessary to have a different emblem for hybrid models and it is better to maintain a unified logo for all its models.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd November 2022 at 09:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks