Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 12:55   #526
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Every time there is a new launch, it always feels like pricing will be key. When it comes to Toyota and especially with their Innova and Fortuner, pricing is not that much of a factor. There is a hardcore fan base that will go for it. In this case , Toyota has been increasing the Fortuner cost consistently enough to have created a price point at which they will introduce the Hycross.

I am more interested in seeing how the competition reacts to the Hycross. I expect some XUV 700 cancellations which in turn would mean the wait periods will reduce. TATA will have to update the Safari quickly. How do they counter the hybrids? What's Hyundai and Kia going to do? They don't have anything currently to counter the Hycross. Hope the procrastinators at Honda get some inspirations to reintroduce the CRV in hybrid. Interesting times ahead.
chittybang is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 12:58   #527
BHPian

Has anyone been able to figure out the differentiators between the ZX & ZX(O) variants?

Also, if the key difference is only TSS, then having read some of the horror stories of ADAS in Indian conditions, does it make sense to go for the features?

The feature list updated a couple of pages back doesn't quite indicate the segregation accurately as it shows even features like the Sunroof, Electric seats being limited to the (O) variant, which isn't the case

Last edited by amit_2025 : 25th November 2022 at 13:01.
amit_2025 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:00   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Has anyone been able to figure out the differentiators between the ZX & ZX(O) variants?

Also, if the key difference is only TSS, then having read some of the horror stories of ADAS in Indian conditions, does it make sense to go for the features?
Mainly, sunroof, ventilated and ottoman seats on ZX(o)
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:02   #529
MCR
BHPian

This looks awesome. A game changer for sure. Expect lengthy waiting periods.
Jeep Compass / Meridian and XUV7OO will be available on discount soon and without waiting periods!

Will surely visit the showroom to have a look and take a TD of full Hybrid Version.
Old 25th November 2022, 13:09   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post

The feature list updated a couple of pages back doesn't quite indicate the segregation accurately as it shows even features like the Sunroof, Electric seats being limited to the (O) variant, which isn't the case
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Mainly, sunroof, ventilated and ottoman seats on ZX(o)
The only addition to the ZX(O) trim over the ZX is ADAS. All the remaining features are common between the trims, including the panoramic sunroof and ottomans.

The exact features can be checked here:
https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroo...res-specs.html

Or in this spec sheet:
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-screenshot-20221125-131323.png

Note: G-SLF variant is for Fleet Operators

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 25th November 2022 at 13:17.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:13   #531
BHPian

Spec sheet attached which I received from Toyota dealership.

Pricing between 23 - 33 ex showroon
Attached Files
File Type: pdf e-brochure-hycross-spec.pdf (597.5 KB, 367 views)
aadiaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:15   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
Made an online booking for the VX 8 seater variant right now. Paid Rs. 50,000/- as the booking amount. Why are dealers asking for 1 lakh as the booking amount?
No idea. I called up the salesman who took my pre-booking and he is still mostly clueless and waiting on booking to be open. Told him to return 50k from the 1l once he makes the booking. Just to be on the safe side, I also made an online booking for the ZX(o) and chose another dealership
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:18   #533
BHPian

Booked all-new Toyota Innova Hycross ZX(o) Pearl White today. Will cancel my existing XUV7OO booking once prices are revealed.

P.S. - Kudos to Toyota for providing Online only Booking option to customers. Saved by th pain. A dealer was asking for 1 Lac booking amount, promising he will book Petrol Innova Crysta and will punch in the order on the first day of the Dealer Bookings for the new Hycross.

Last edited by superbhikari : 25th November 2022 at 13:28.
superbhikari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:18   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

The car looks good but why not a bench seat in middle row in top variant? This does look like a perfect family car and yes, the approach taken by the company is more towards self driving rather than being chauffeured in a Crysta (no offense to existing owners).

2 things that I have started disliking about many manufacturers, provide a sunroof only top end variant. If I want a top end variant without sunroof, I can't buy. Skipping on safety features from.mid variant. Why not provide a 6 airbags mid variant with lesser tech gizmos?

So many gizmos but what made them skip the TPMS and provide it as an accessory? A neatly integrated TPMS with values popping up in MID is any day better than an aftermarket screen.

Edit- TPMS is available on the VX and ZX variant as standard.

Another thing I hate is the price reveal now a days. What makes them delay it so long? Why can't they unveil it on the day of unveiling of the car?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 25th November 2022 at 13:28. Reason: TPMS
BoneCollector is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:21   #535
BHPian

The high end variant will surely be landing at 40+ onroad in Bangalore. But the closer it is priced to Carnival the riskier it will get for customers to be convinced. as Carnival is Diesel, bigger and >500 Ltr boot space with all seats up.
Bsreecharan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:21   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The only addition to the ZX(O) trim over the ZX is ADAS. All the remaining features are common between the trims, including the panoramic sunroof and ottomans.

The exact features can be checked here:
https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroo...res-specs.html

Or in this spec sheet:
Attachment 2383836

Note: G-SLF variant is for Fleet Operators

Well, then their website is extremely misleading

I don't care much about ADAS but the blindspot monitor and auto high beam would be nice so I will keep the ZX(o) booking if the price (hopefully) isn't that different.
Old 25th November 2022, 13:23   #537
BHPian

Wow! loved the looks of this S(M)UV, i'm sure it'll look smashing in real. Competition is already shivering...however, Toyota as well know, loves to overprice its cars. But, this being Innova brand, the Big T will look to maximize profit margins. Top-end spec could touch 38-40L OTR in Bangalore...

Folks with deep pockets can go for it eyes-closed and be set for next 10-15 years.
VikramCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:31   #538
BHPian

Booked Vx(8s). Does anybody know the cess charged on hybrids. Somewhere I saw 15%.
Old 25th November 2022, 13:34   #539
BANNED

Looks like this will touch the Carnival territory, let's see how it works out for Toyota.
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:41   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

It’s confirmed by EvoIndia, Diesel Innova Crysta will be sold alongside the Petrol & Hybrid Innova HyCross.

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-a05b1a3c6a3547448ba6f2ac0a022059.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-86ba48afb6f140aa91b802907acc707b.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClYARJSt...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
CEF_Beasts is online now   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed