Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 13:44   #541
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Was eagerly waiting for this but ended up disappointed. I cannot compromise on bench seat and safety but if I want safety then I have to forgo bench seat and wise versa. I don't know what's stopping Toyota from giving bench seat in top end. I would have booked only zx 8 seater. It's Toyotas loss.
Old 25th November 2022, 13:49   #542

Which is the color which looks like blue in the photos?
Old 25th November 2022, 13:49   #543
BHPian

Looks like a good package.

As pointed by many, "why skip bench seats in top variant". Also the top petrol version gets measly 4 speakers and two airbags.

Here are my concerns:

- Torsion beam: Why manufactures are resorting to this is beyond my imagination. I can only think of easy maintenance and saves cost. Even Safari/Harrier also has this.

- Torque: For petrol its just 205 Nm. How will it fare when fully loaded and on ghat sections

- 6 Air bags: Why not make this standard across all the variants.

And lastly, all the highlighted features like under 10 sec 0-100 KMPH, 6 air bags, safety features like lane departure, 9 speaker JBL, 1000+ KM with tankful seems to be for Hybrid version only.

In that case why even bother to launch petrol only version. They should have just launched HYCross in Hybrid version with lots of variants.

Just my thoughts.

-PK

Last edited by pk_del : 25th November 2022 at 13:51.
pk_del is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 13:52   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Walk-around video of the Innova HyCross:

Old 25th November 2022, 13:58   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Unlike the G variant getting the Hybrid powertrain in Indonesia, the HyCross gets only the gasoline engine in the GX trim, no hybrid...So hybrid is available VX trim onwards...The GX Trim (Note: Manual AC for GX trim in India):
Hope the pricing also reflects it. Right now we have the cheapest/VFM pricing for the Innova Crysta bar the GCC nations. Manual A/C should mean we will have a lower starting point for pricing. At the same time, they should have offered hybrid in all the variants possible.

The website configurator also shows the presence of 360° camera and power folding mirrors in the GX. The G variant of the Indonesian Innova Zenix doesn't have power folding mirrors. Also looks like we are getting electric adjust drivers seat with memory functions, though in usual Toyota style only 2 presets. But then we lose the wireless phone charging and gets it instead as an accessory.
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:01   #546
BHPian

Per the spec sheet on Toyotas site, the ZX(O) has 215/60 R17 same as the one in lower specd VX trim, whereas the ZX has 225/50 R18. Wondering why the more expensive model has smaller rims. The only difference between the two is TSS.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:08   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Right now we have the cheapest/VFM pricing for the Innova Crysta bar the GCC nations.
We do? I know that countries like Indonesia and Vietnam have high vehicle taxes but surely the Thai version should be cheaper than India's?
dragracer567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:09   #548
BHPian

What a beautiful piece by Toyota! Just spellbound and booked the ZX (O) 7 Seater of the Hybrid version.

It looks as a great product considering all the features it offers and the Reliability that Toyota already carries in India!

Lets see the official pricing and the waiting period!
aamishdhingra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:17   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta to return in diesel avatar as supply issues settle down.

Vikram Gulati, Country Head and senior VP (Corporate Affairs & Governance):
Quote:
Due to supply side issues, we had stopped bookings for the Innova Crysta for some time. But it will carry on as things stabilize
Toyota Kirloskar, which has an installed capacity of 3.1 lakh units annually across its two manufacturing units in Karnataka, introduced the second-gen Innova Crysta in 2020.

Innova stood strong as the undisputed market leader in the MPV segment for about a decade.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1019
Size:  31.5 KB

Now expect the Innova brand to grow even more stronger as it enters the Hybrid era in India.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th November 2022 at 14:22.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:18   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenoval View Post
Made an online booking for the VX 8 seater variant right now. Paid Rs. 50,000/- as the booking amount. Why are dealers asking for 1 lakh as the booking amount?
Same information I got from a dealer in Delhi/NCR. Upon confrontation he said, "Sir we have both the options of 50000 & 100000 as the booking amount".

That sounded cheap and hence booked from a different dealer in Delhi through Toyota's own website.
aamishdhingra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:19   #551
BHPian

Going ahead with blocking Zx -O variant. Wish to book innova in silver colour, confused which silver metallic they have bought this time, Dark silver or light silver. Would prefer to have silver in darker shade.
vishal9999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:22   #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydrive View Post
-1 to the variant spread. No Bench seat in top end. No 4/6 Airbags in Mid variant. Atleast these could have been provided. I am ok with sunroof not being there.
On a related note just see the variant spread for XUV700 AX5 and AX7 - much more sensible.
This sounds more of a personal liking than a generalized comment. Neither AX5 nor AX7 have telescopic steering. One has to shell out for ADAS, in Indian conditions, at AX7L just to get driver's ergonomics right. AX5 offers sunroof, but you need to pay for AX7 to get auto folding ORVMs. To me, this sounds more of a confusion between basic functionalities and features.

Coming back to Hybrid variants of Hycross, having better LED lights and paddle shifters from VX variant seems commendable. Also, apart from 6 airbags, all other features of ZX(O) seem to be 'luxurious'. Yes, I'm not fan of ADAS in an environment lacking proper roads and basic driving discipline among average drivers. As for the airbags, many of the well-rated cars in India have their crash-safety ratings for base variants where only 2 airbags are equipped. So overall, the variant spread makes sense to me.
kmaitrey064 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:23   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Has anyone been able to figure out the differentiators between the ZX & ZX(O) variants?

Also, if the key difference is only TSS, then having read some of the horror stories of ADAS in Indian conditions, does it make sense to go for the features?

The feature list updated a couple of pages back doesn't quite indicate the segregation accurately as it shows even features like the Sunroof, Electric seats being limited to the (O) variant, which isn't the case
What is not clear is whether normal cruise control will be available in ZX. ZX(O) has adaptive cruise control.

Normal cruise control is a must for the Innova, as it is a car we would expect to drive over long distance trips. With the amazing fuel efficiency, and enhanced comfort now that the Innova has switched to a front wheel drive and monocoque platform, this will be a vehicle of choice for long journeys.

I used to hate traveling long distance on the current Innova's middle row seats as the vehicle pitches and shakes in all directions (laterally, vertically and front-to-back). With the platform switch I expect the new Innova will be on the other extreme - probably one of the most comfortable for long drives sitting in the middle row. Seriously looking at switching my Hyryder booking to Hycross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamishdhingra View Post
Same information I got from a dealer in Delhi/NCR. Upon confrontation he said, "Sir we have both the options of 50000 & 100000 as the booking amount". That sounded cheap and hence booked from a different dealer in Delhi through Toyota's own website.
The Chennai dealer is taking Rs. 1 lakh as booking amount.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 25th November 2022 at 14:24.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:27   #554
BHPian

Some new information from my dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-55f83aa2a3094ff891378caefde767b5.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled-e882006eb10340aeaa8370a0ed5ed10f.jpeg  

sharad_kmc is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 14:39   #555
BHPian

Saddened to see that the VX version has only two airbags. At this price level we should have 6 airbags. Companies like Honda, Kia offer six airbags as standard. Toyota should have done that considering the safety needed for an MPv which will run mainly on highways
Palio_2005 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed