Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 12:34   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
In case its not present on the thread, I have a detailed 'Variant walk'
Thank you so much, this clears up a lot of things and makes me wonder why toyota didn't just put this one up on the website.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 12:51   #707
BHPian

Dear Mods, when is the Tbhp's Hycross review expected? Any tentative timeline?
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 12:55   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Folks, who have booked with a dealer - Did you get a Toyota booking number as well?
No. Just a receipt from the dealer. When I enquired, SA said there is no Toyota booking number for dealer bookings.
ppc_rgs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 13:23   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
My thoughts exactly. I want 8 seater and sun roof too.
Me too wants an 8 seater in the ZX version. Did the last Crysta have an 8 seater in the top variant? My last Innova was a good 8-10 years ago and it did have the 2nd bench row with all the frills and fancy.
The only issue in MH RTO is I can't buy an 8 seater on company name without a yellow number plate. It has to be on personal name.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 13:51   #710

Just unearthed a few insights I found out about Innova Hycross's TNGA-C Platform.

While the feature list is something a lot of you have already spoken about at length, I was diving through the weeds about the safety story of this car. And boy I was not at all disappointed.

To start with most auto journalists (Evo, overdrive, etc) at the launch said that the car is based on the TNGA-C platform which underpins cars like the Toyota Corolla, Lexus UX, Corolla Cross, etc. And credited the car's interior layout design to the Toyota Voxy.

More models can be observed here - Wiki

There was no talk about safety ratings at the launch which kinda pushed me to go down a rabbit hole. Basically, there are three agencies that have awarded safety ratings - Euro NCAP, ASEAN NCAP, and JNCAP.

Speaking only from the platform perspective, this platform scores 5 stars in all places albeit the cars used in the tests are different. The Corolla Cross in Euro & ASEAN NCAP and Toyota Voxy in Japan.

JNCAP Listing

ASEAN NCAP

Hope someone finds this useful.
youngmonk is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 14:48   #711
BHPian

Its crazy for automakers these days to not announce prices and take advance bookings which here is 50k. There is huge price disparity from what we think might be the price to what could be the actual price. They could have atleast unveiled price for base model, so people can estimate and go for booking. Unfortunately people like me who are waiting for price reveal to decide if my "aukat" (purchasing power) allows me to book and if so which variant, the waiting period will be around 6-12 months by then, considering price hikes most automakers are indulging in, by the time of delivery expect to pay additional 2-4% depending on delivery date. Also they dont do price protection which circles back to why not price them at unveil. They did it for innova zenix, why not hycross.

Man not having bench seat for 2nd row in ZX and ZX(O) is such a let down. 3rd row has always been an optional seating capacity, and seating 3 people in 3rd is out of question unless all 3 are kids and below 12 years age may be. Also bench seat means ottoman and few electronic things are reduced, so should help with lower price point as well.Wish they introduce that before launch or atleast in few months considering feedback.
Wakeupsid is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 15:34   #712
BHPian

I have the opposite problem, booked online & received the booking number from Toyota but the dealer rep keeps calling and saying "he's unable to put the booking in the system", I have no idea what's going on.

Can someone help me decipher this? Am I being taken on a ride by the dealer essentially putting me back in the queue?

This is Nandi Toyota, Bangalore

Quote:
Folks, who have booked with a dealer - Did you get a Toyota booking number as well?

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 29th November 2022 at 15:35. Reason: typo
Old 29th November 2022, 15:36   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsreecharan View Post
But the closer it is priced to Carnival the riskier it will get for customers to be convinced. as Carnival is Diesel, bigger and >500 Ltr boot space with all seats up.
I can imagine these two cars playing Amitabh Bachchan and Shashi Kapoor's characters in the classic movie Deewaar.

Carnival: Mere paas diesel hai, size hai, boot space hai. Kya hai tumhare paas?
Innova Hycross: Mere paas Toyota badge hai!
lordrayden is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 15:42   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
I have the opposite problem, booked online & received the booking number from Toyota but the dealer rep keeps calling and saying "he's unable to put the booking in the system", I have no idea what's going on.
This is Nandi Toyota, Bangalore
I checked with my dealer on this - She mentioned that online bookings reach them only after 10-15 days, and hence are sequenced later in queue.

I doubt if that's the case, but have no idea how the system here works!
Old 29th November 2022, 16:31   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
I can imagine these two cars playing Amitabh Bachchan and Shashi Kapoor's characters in the classic movie Deewaar.

Carnival: Mere paas diesel hai, size hai, boot space hai. Kya hai tumhare paas?
Innova Hycross: Mere paas Toyota badge hai!
I would agree for the crysta. But now the Hycross has more features while the current gen Carnival is a phased out model internationally for 2 years now.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 16:35   #716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I checked with my dealer on this - She mentioned that online bookings reach them only after 10-15 days, and hence are sequenced later in queue.
Don’t think that’s the case. Your online booking number is, a in part, the exact date and time of the payment. Bookings are supposed to be processed on first come first serve basis, so there is no reason for online bookings to get lower priority.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 16:36   #717
BHPian

Pre-booked ZX In Blackish Ageha GF. Though Toyota seems to be getting very greedy. I don't see myself paying upwards of 32 OTR for this car. Plus, I am happier to have a variant without TSS and ADAS especially since my Innova will be chauffeur driven for the most part.
Old 29th November 2022, 16:43   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Me too wants an 8 seater in the ZX version. Did the last Crysta have an 8 seater in the top variant? My last Innova was a good 8-10 years ago and it did have the 2nd bench row with all the frills and fancy.
No, the Crysta did not have a bench seat in the top variant either. In fact, Hector Plus also doesn't have it, if you choose the Automatic. I would have picked up one of them if they had this option. I really don't know why the companies do this. It just feels like some sadistic pleasure that they could get on seeing the money-paying customer not get the options she wants. How much difficult it would be for the manufacturers to offer this variant? For top sellers like Toyota, the demand for the same would have offset the operational inefficiencies that could come with it. If Hyundai, Kia, and Tata can do it, why not Toyota? Just beats me. The only way to have the fifth passenger on the second row is by resorting to some Jugaad fixes for the middle seat by external vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Its crazy for automakers these days to not announce prices and take advance bookings which here is 50k.
I think this practice of taking pre-booking amounts long before they release the pricing or have the demo car available is getting too overboard. This should go to court and the practice curbed. It's an illegal way of holding people's money and earning interest out of it. How much interest Toyota and Maruti would have earned for the bookings of Hyryder and Grand Vitara? It should be enormous amounts, earned without offering any service whatsoever and even without letting the customers know what they have paid for. Yes, they don't force customers to pay it but it is an indirect persuasion that is really not ethical and bordering on illegality. They should take a pre-booking amount after releasing the pricing and unveiling the car/features, ideally with test drives also available.

Last edited by VinsWagen : 29th November 2022 at 16:46.
VinsWagen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 19:06   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher View Post

1. Torque, torque, torque. 360 NM at around 1200 RPM in Crysta Vs 204 NM at 4500 RPM in Hycross. No comparison there, especially when the vehicle is a 7/8 seater.
How about the torque from electric motor in hycross? I am not sure how and in what ratio it gets added to final torque. Will appreciate if someone can help to understand.
Old 29th November 2022, 19:25   #720
BHPian

Quote:

I doubt if that's the case, but have no idea how the system here works!
No, that's not the case for sure. I booked it online and my dealer called me in next 30 minutes saying that they have received the booking and asked for PAN card and other details to proceed further.
prajakt_23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed