Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which to buy
Maruti SX4 26 22.03%
Honda Civic 92 77.97%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2007, 16:21   #31

there is no comparision between the civic and the sx4.I will opt for the honda.
Old 12th June 2007, 19:40   #32

Why compare Civic and SX4. They do not belong to the same category and are poles apart. My choice...CIVIC all the way.
Old 12th June 2007, 21:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

If you can afford it, then the Civic it is all the way.
Old 12th June 2007, 21:57   #34
Team-BHP Support

voted for sx4 for ur particular need and yes civic will give FE of around 10 kmpl which will fall to 8 kmpl in stop n go traffic which is faced in bangalore with ac on full time, source a friend who owns a paddle shift

i think you should try out optra magnum also
Old 12th June 2007, 22:03   #35
BHPian

live a little.. buy the civic.. manual transmission.. the new 1.8V in black.

i spent all of may driving one around goa.. it was such a joy to drive that i didnt even care that FE was somewhere around 6 (cuz of the way i was thrashing it around)
Old 12th June 2007, 22:19   #36
Team-BHP Support

OT: i think the end has put to an end poor guys desire for civic by stating 6 kmpl
Old 12th June 2007, 22:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Why dont you request the mods to add a poll? That way you will have a clear cut answer.
I would advice you not to take the poll seriously as it would only give personal opinions without justification, hence an absolute waste of time. Better to listen more to our friend who wants cars from 2 entirely different categories. It is like comparing a baleno with a santro. If you have the money & want the umph factor get the civic. Else settle for the elephant like SX4.
Old 13th June 2007, 13:35   #38
BHPian

Why would you look at the SX4 when you have the $$$$$ to buy a CIVIC... Civic will win hands down when compared to SX4 or for that matter any car in the C-Segment..
Old 13th June 2007, 14:12   #39
BANNED

No contest,Get Civic .
Old 1st June 2009, 17:27   #40
BHPian

Dear Coolmob, I have just purchased a civic. And I would say that it is miles ahead of my current car(baleno). It is a sheer pleasure to see it, drive it and floor it. The smoothness of the car, the way it accelarates is quite mind blowing. And it has loads of space and the cabin looks awesome. The turning radius is also decent.

What goes for SX4 is that civic looks and feels soo good and you will have a heart attack if it gets scratched. And in your case the probability seems large. But if you have the bugdet I feel you should experience this.Life is short so enjoy civic.
Old 1st June 2009, 17:46   #41
BHPian

Please check this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nce-civic.html

virtually put civic off my dream car list.

if you like to drive all alone, and your daily route is something akin to the mumbai-pune expressway, i guess you should totally buy the Civic.

Again the SX4 is based on the Sedici SUV platform, 190mm ground clearance (scorpio GC = 180 mm), 16 inch alloys (innova = 15 inch) and definately good road presence. The only thing that it misses is the Civic's engine and paddle shift .
Old 1st June 2009, 18:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

I would go for SX4. Reasons :

1) Civic is a low slung car like Baleno. This might be very confidence inspiring at high speeds, but at night there is a severe problem. Even lights from two wheelers hit you straight into eye. This is very irritating as well as dangerous.

2) Ground Clearence issues. Baleno is not the one to have this, but Civic is. And day by day the standards of our roads are going down just like a space shuttle coming to earth from space. GC is a must.

3) Honda dealer issue. Yes this is not a major factor, but off late there have been issues with Honda dealers. Again, they behave as if they have industry's best products. And they charge excessive in the name of Premium quality.

4) Civic has poor bottom end. I read somewhere on this forum that change in exhaust system will solve the problem to a very large extent, but that is not what I would go for. The engine is inherently not strong at bottom end. Also, somehow, Civic is not the FE leader like City is.
SX4 too is not going to win awards for bottom end torque, but its overall a good car with reasonably well spaced powerband.
Old 1st June 2009, 19:01   #43
BHPian

It seems someone dug up an old thread

and the guy who started the thread list an SX4 so I guess he got and SX4 instead of Civic

Last edited by yzfrj : 1st June 2009 at 19:02.
Old 1st June 2009, 21:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

Maruthi 800 or Hyndai Getz?
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:51   #45
BHPian

Quote:
If the FE for CIVIC MT comes to around 10kmpl, then i am definitely gonna get it. otherwise i know that sx4 is not upto the mark in comparison to civic.... it will have to get it purely for better FE!!
Our Civic MT has clocked nearly 850 kms mostly on highway. We are getting a mileage (calculated tank to tank) of 13 to 14. We are letting the vehicle to run in properly. The rpm meter has not seen 4000 still.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks