Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2022, 02:21   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Creta Knight Edition leaked ahead of launch

A new Knight Edition of Creta has been launched! Looks slick! Wonder where the waiting period will go now!
Always thought an all black option would have been great!

Hyundai Creta Knight Edition leaked ahead of launch-86de7deb51cd40d084fd1bc16c2e82c8.jpeg

Name:  C9EF72776FFF4ACAAABF205604788094.jpeg
Views: 984
Size:  76.9 KB
akn1984 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 13:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai Creta Knight Edition leaked ahead of launch

Hyundai Creta Knight Edition leaked ahead of launch - Post moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 13:41   #3

Ironically everything neat about this Knight Edition except for that ugly badge. Looks really cheap and cartoonish.
skx007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 14:06   #4
BHPian

Tata nearing Hyundai to number 2 stop has got Hyundai thinking. Competition brings out the best for us consumer.

Expecting Mahindra to launch next !
Sk8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 14:07   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

The JC Road edition.

This must be a stop gap before a Creta facelift, so those who have already booked the Creta can be switched over to even more expensive Creta
Kosfactor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 15:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
The JC Road edition.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Dark edition or not, the alloy wheel design's got to be one of the worst. Overall design even though polarizing, eventually grows on you.

Last edited by SoupRaw : 4th April 2022 at 15:33.
SoupRaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 07:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRaw View Post

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Dark edition or not, the alloy wheel design's got to be one of the worst. Overall design even though polarizing, eventually grows on you.
Desperate times? A car that already has a waiting period of almost 6-10 months isn’t desperate for anything! Demand for Creta has never been affected. The only desperation would be to manage the semi-conductor availability and meet the excessive demand.

I find nothing wrong in the alloy wheel design. In fact, it is one of the best available in the market. All black makes it look even better.

Looks are always subjective. Like I find Tata Nexon’s looks unbearable and can’t stand it’s monstrous back design. But then, everybody has his own choice and I would not like to offend anyone !
akn1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 08:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skx007 View Post
Looks really cheap and cartoonish.
That is cute. Looks like you have not seen Swift Glory edition
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 09:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta Knight Edition priced from Rs. 13.35 lakh

Hyundai has silently introduced the Creta Knight Edition. The SUV is available in four variants with prices starting at Rs. 13.35 lakh (ex-showroom).

The Creta Knight Edition comes with an all-black exterior with dark metal alloy wheels and red brake calipers. The SUV also gets a black radiator grille with red accents, black skid plates, side sills, roof rails and ORVMs.

The Knight Edition gets a black interior with a glossy black centre console, coloured inserts on the AC vents and coloured stitching on the steering wheel and seats.

Hyundai is offering the Creta Knight Edition with two engine options. These include a 1.5-litre petrol engine producing 113 BHP and 144 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel motor that puts out 113 BHP and 250 Nm. While a 6-speed manual transmission is offered as standard, the petrol engine gets an IVT option and the diesel comes with a 6-speed automatic.

Hyundai Creta Knight Edition ex-showroom prices:
  • 1.5L Petrol MT S+ - Rs. 13,35,100
  • 1.5L Petrol IVT SX (O) - Rs. 17,05,900
  • 1.5L Diesel MT S+ - Rs. 14,31,100
  • 1.5L Diesel AT SX (O) - Rs. 18,01,900

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 6th April 2022 at 18:58.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 10:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akn1984 View Post
Desperate times?
I was referring to another BHPian's take of Hyundai feeling the heat from TATA. Dark editions as far as I recall are not usually Hyundai's thing, but it is now a rage thanks to the competition. The decision to bring it at the end of current generation's life cycle is what I felt was a bit desperate.

It is however a wise choice to offer a dark edition to balance the options for the customer. As GTO says Variants & variations help sell cars.

Quote:
I find nothing wrong in the alloy wheel design. In fact, it is one of the best available in the market. All black makes it look even better.

Looks are always subjective.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Looks ARE subjective. While at first I found the Creta's look overdone, I find it a lot more likeable and mature now that it has grown on me. I think the alloy design of Alcazar looks a lot better. Again, subjective.

I'm not crazy about my car's rear design either. No bias in criticism for me.

Quote:
Like I find Tata Nexon’s looks unbearable and can’t stand it’s monstrous back design.
That's something we both agree on

Last edited by SoupRaw : 6th April 2022 at 10:52.
Old 6th April 2022, 12:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Whoever buys all black car in this scorching heatwave, I tip my fedora.
My white Creta interior burns just parked outdoors for more than 30m. I cannot imagine what black body panel will feel like to touch after same duration.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Time changes and how. In last 2-3 years, Tata has come up very strongly and become strong contender for number 3, threatening Hyundai for number 2 spot. Hyundai is copying Tata's Dark edition concept for sure. Felling really good for Tata.

This proves again - You keep doing great work, don't pay attention to what people say, others will follow you !
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 17:37   #13
BHPian

Hyundai introduced Sunroofs in Indian mass market cars with i20 and i10. They also brought several first in class features which the likes of Tatas and Marutis ‘copied’ or rather adopted for their cars. Like Sunroofs, Dark editions are also an in-thing these days. Dark editions are not known to be a Hyundai thing, similarly Sunroofs and even good cars are not known to be a Tata thing ! So when Tata starts offering sunroofs and better cars, would it be right to say that Tata is copying Hyundai by offering sunroofs and also copying Toyota as it has started offering better cars?

It would not be correct to say that Hyundai is copying Tata. If that be so, then Tata also copied Hyundai as they brought Sunroofs first in mass market cars. If that be so, then every other car manufacturer copied the first ever car manufacturer! If that be so, then every company would be accused of copying another company for coming out with white, red, black or blue colour!

It would be better to say that Hyundai pioneered Sunroofs in mass market and others followed. Tata pioneered the Dark editions and others are following!
Old 7th April 2022, 07:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
So when Tata starts offering sunroofs and better cars, would it be right to say that Tata is copying Hyundai by offering sunroofs and also copying Toyota as it has started offering better cars?
Sunroofs are a feature. ´Blacked out’ is a gimmick. Copying features seems a fairer game than copying gimmicks.
Kapany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 08:31   #15
BHPian

What's up with the Knight logo looking much like a local beer label from a bottle that could cause days of a nasty hangover. Ironically for a blackened out car, it's going to cheaply stick out with such a prominent white silhouette around the lettering, looking like some snotty kid peeled it off his cricket bat and stuck it on the car... Label aesthetics next time please, hyundai!
AnAntinspired is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed