Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 20:37   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
I think Honda city still has a unique standing. I own a WagonR (2003) and looking for a additional car, there or not many better choices than Vtec. True, NHC lacks airbags and ABS, but SX4 too has compromises - lower comfort on account on stiff suspensions and poor rear visibility due to awkward head rests, A-pillar blind spots. So it is still safety features Vs safety.

A time tested machine coupled with better brand perception is not so easy to write off.
Well....
NHC also has A-pillar blind spots.
Poor rear visibility is only relevant while you are reversing.
lower comfort due to stiff suspensions is irrelevant when it comes to safety, in fact stiffer the suspension, lower the body roll.

So these things are no way comparable with ABS, Airbags.
And one can get into trouble by trying to reach audio controls on the HU while driving the NHC...

All I am saying is safety wise SX4 is definately way ahead (at least on paper) and knowing Suzuki, quality should not be much of an issue.

Note: I own NHC and love NHC for super silent engine, great FE, comfortable drive and good interiors. But yes, safety-wise it doesn't stand a chance in front of SX4.
Old 17th August 2007, 21:04   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
All I am saying is safety wise SX4 is definately way ahead (at least on paper) and knowing Suzuki, quality should not be much of an issue.
SX4's safety is felt on road also, please read various reviews at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-report.html
Old 17th August 2007, 21:24   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
but SX4 too has compromises - lower comfort on account on stiff suspensions and poor rear visibility due to awkward head rests.
Suspension being softer will take the pleasure out of driving. But then thats how many people prefer their cars, nothing wrong with them.

This is precisely where all the companies in India are lacking. We should have the option of ordering our cars with Stiffer suspension, if we want it that way, otherwise give them the standard boat.
Old 17th August 2007, 22:29   #94
VBV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Suspension being softer will take the pleasure out of driving. But then thats how many people prefer their cars, nothing wrong with them.

This is precisely where all the companies in India are lacking. We should have the option of ordering our cars with Stiffer suspension, if we want it that way, otherwise give them the standard boat.
Exactly.
In fact softer suspension means more oversteer and hence lesser safety :-)
I would love the custom made transmissions/suspensions. But then we're in a minority, I guess.
Old 18th August 2007, 03:40   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBV View Post
Exactly.
I would love the custom made transmissions/suspensions. But then we're in a minority, I guess.
Not Custom made, but optional. It is a standard practice in the developed world. You can configure your car your way from list of available options for the suspension.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks