Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2007, 14:03   #76
BHPian

Honda, it shall be.

I own the NHC and the Civic and I personally feel that the NHC can beat SX4 by adding ABS and Airbags, else I feel it is over priced (GXi verson, the VTEC is definitely VFM).

Feel Civic is also over priced by a lakh or 2 and to think the 1.8S version doesn't have leather seats, no fog lights also makes it over priced.

The Optra magnum was good, but the interiors were so outdated (IMHO).
I don't think they can be compared, 'coz I think they are in different
leagues (IMHO)

Come on Honda, go ahead give me a Civic leather option for free :-)!
Old 7th August 2007, 15:08   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhafeez_13666 View Post
The VTEC is definitely VFM.
Don't think so! Mitsubishi Cedia does everything better at same price.
Old 7th August 2007, 15:13   #78
BANNED

What are the 0-100 figures for NHC VTEC & Cedia?

[quote=mhafeez_13666;524417]the VTEC is definitely VFM).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Don't think so! Mitsubishi Cedia does everything better at same price.
Old 7th August 2007, 15:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

The Civic is not going to be sold in the Optra territory. Honda is clear about that. They are competing with Corolla (before the prices were slashed) and Skoda to a certain extent. They will not compete in Optra & Elantra territory (atleast for now, probably go the Corolla way in a few more years). Also prices of the Civic in Bangalore is higher than say Chennai or Calcutta because of Road Tax difference and VAT implementation.
Old 7th August 2007, 18:06   #80
BHPian

well i am too sailing in same boat i like city by look's but my pocket and perfomance say's it has to be sx4 vxi as my budget was just 6.5 from that i am coming to 7.25 but some how i am not knowing wat to do,this confusion has killed the excitment of buying new car
Old 7th August 2007, 20:37   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
What are the 0-100 figures for NHC VTEC & Cedia?
Cedia- 10.23
NHC VTec- 10.66
(As tested by Autocarindia)
Old 7th August 2007, 22:00   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
The Civic is not going to be sold in the Optra territory. Honda is clear about that. They are competing with Corolla (before the prices were slashed) and Skoda to a certain extent. They will not compete in Optra & Elantra territory (atleast for now, probably go the Corolla way in a few more years). Also prices of the Civic in Bangalore is higher than say Chennai or Calcutta because of Road Tax difference and VAT implementation.
Civic is IN the optra-elantra-octavia-corolla category/territory. It is futile to place Honda products in sub categories above their respective domains.
Old 8th August 2007, 10:57   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Hah. Honda India were never bullet-proof. They began well, with the OHC. But that ended there. The problem is, they haven't kept up with the competition.

Honda & Toyota need to take the Indian market more seriously. If the giants bring in their full arsenal, they'd be a formidable force against MUL.
i think they are. the ohc upgraded to the NHC and that too was updated.
The Honda CIVIC, international civic is here. . .with almost the same features as international ones.

The Honda Accord too has been upgraded.

The CRV too even though doing well, they have upgraded the same.

Also they are going to be present in the small car category.

So acc to me they are as serious about the indian market as they can be.

Cheers.
Old 8th August 2007, 11:11   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Civic is IN the optra-elantra-octavia-corolla category/territory. It is futile to place Honda products in sub categories above their respective domains.
Honda always price their products in sub-categories above their respective segments. NHC/Civic being good example.

And still they get away with it! Hope things change with more competition.
Old 11th August 2007, 13:07   #85
Team-BHP Support

CR-V also under pressure?

Grand Vitara seems to have outsold the CRV in the first month with sales of 238 units compared to 225 units of the CR-V.

May be, the 4L cheaper price tag is playing in Maruti's favour.
Old 12th August 2007, 20:28   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Grand Vitara seems to have outsold the CRV in the first month with sales of 238 units compared to 225 units of the CR-V.

May be, the 4L cheaper price tag is playing in Maruti's favour.
Probably a better time to judge this would be in a couple of months when the novelty factor (yes the Vitara at that price does have the novelty factor) is gone. But doubtless Vitara will pose a challenge to CRV, whether it can beat it is an altogether different question.
Old 13th August 2007, 12:33   #87
BHPian

Has anyone recently managed a good discount on Honda City Vtec in Bangalore apart from standard corporate discount (25k)? I think its high time Honda drops their prices a bit.
Old 13th August 2007, 14:18   #88
Senior - BHPian

[quote=hondadude;465358]Really ? If we look at the sales numbers of Honda, the sales of NHC have remained around 3K a month. If we look at numbers of C segment, it is clear that the whole segment is expanding. So, while SX4 will do well it is not necessarily at the expense of NHC. Its too early to write off NHC.

I agree with this. Although Honda has a justifiable, well earned rep. built over decades, I am not enamoured with Honda City primarily because of road noise and somewhat light feel. But unlike other models who see a spike on launch and then fall freely, Honda City has now stabilised at 2,600 per month for the last 2 months. It peaked at 5164 in Mar 07 (because of year-end effect), but last year in Jul-Aug 2006, it was also selling 3000. Net effect of new Verna and SX4 is only a 400 per month, which is now compensated by sales of higher priced Civic. Conclusion: more revenues and profits for Honda overall.

I have seen so many posts saying that Toyota and Honda are not serious and delay launches. But if you consider their past history, they are more careful in product launches because they have built a reputation, which can be diminished substantially with 1-2 post launch glitches and recalls. Why gripe about the delay in Corolla, when it has been delayed even in Toyota's largest market, US. Better to be safe and sure, rather than launch something with a lot of glitches and then ruin your reputation.
Old 13th August 2007, 14:55   #89
BHPian

I think Honda city still has a unique standing. I own a WagonR (2003) and looking for a additional car, there or not many better choices than Vtec. True, NHC lacks airbags and ABS, but SX4 too has compromises - lower comfort on account on stiff suspensions and poor rear visibility due to awkward head rests, A-pillar blind spots. So it is still safety features Vs safety.

A time tested machine coupled with better brand perception is not so easy to write off.
Old 13th August 2007, 15:41   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
So it is still safety features Vs safety.
Hmm.. In my opinion the Airbags, ABS are more important. The other things can be adjusted for over a period of time. ABS and Airbags can be life saver it real tight situations though... Safety I would surely say that SX4 is up a class on City but the quality issue is probably best left to time. Time will tell whether SX4 is actually City class in that aspect (I have my doubts )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks