Team-BHP - Cheaper Scorpio variant launched EDIT: More variants with Cheaper 2.2
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cheaper Scorpio variant launched EDIT: More variants with Cheaper 2.2 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/25028-cheaper-scorpio-variant-launched-edit-more-variants-cheaper-2-2-a.html)

Mahindra has launched a cheaper variant of Scorpio badged LX, it has the same 2.6 CDRe engine,power windows,HVAC,power steering and grey interiors.The price quoted in the newspaper advertisement was 6.96lakhs ex showroom delhi.To check out the new variant i Visited the scorpio dealer in gurgaon,the salesman did not know about this variant after showing him the newspaper advertisement he told us that he knew nothing,but the phone number for sterling motors was duly mentioned in the ad.Then called up Bhasin motors the dealer for scorpio in south extension,the salesman tells me to call back after 1hour,after waiting for 2-3 hours i call back again,the salesman is ready to answer my queries now,i ask him "kya features hain LX mein?" he says "sub kuch hai",i get the idea of his knowledge after talking to him for a minute and he knew nothing about the vehicle so i hung up.

haa haa haaaa... that was rich. sab kuchh hai?!! rl:
IMO, they would have cut somewhere or the other. Most probably the kind of seat, AC option (speed, no. of blowers), interior plastic, claddings and such stuff. I think it is essentially a step to pull in more customers and as such may just be a simple renaming of the lower version (sienna=>Petra?) and then some price reduction.

yep, their website has this info. not much difference between lx and dx.

This move is to counter now fast selling "dicor" which I am sure now is eating into Scorpio's sales.

Could this be seen as a precursor to bringing in the Aluminium 2.2?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 465217)
Could this be seen as a precursor to bringing in the Aluminium 2.2?

Might or might not, sometimes, economies of scale let the manufacturers reduce their pricing and increase thier sales and they gain in the numbers.

An already cheap (quality wise) vehicle goes down further. I dont like the way things r movirng in Mahindra camp w.r.t scorpio!

Its the same as the earlier STD version, no cladding, no rear wiper etc etc. I think they have started calling the STD the LX. The price is also the same, it seems they have thrown in few goodies like central locking, remote fuel tank opener, tiltable steering etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranc (Post 465549)
Its the same as the earlier STD version, no cladding, no rear wiper etc etc. I think they have started calling the STD the LX. The price is also the same, it seems they have thrown in few goodies like central locking, remote fuel tank opener, tiltable steering etc.

The standard variant is priced at around 7.50 ex-showroom delhi and the standard variant does not have power windows,i dont know what else is the difference

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmishra83 (Post 465480)
An already cheap (quality wise) vehicle goes down further. I dont like the way things r movirng in Mahindra camp w.r.t scorpio!

Quality is of Scorpio is on par with other vehicles in class,its the safari that suffers from quality problems.

For that price range, any car should have definitely more creature comforts than what is being offered

Am getting a bad vibe from Mahindra, if they dont act rationally and stretch their feet to long they are going fall in the Gap. I frankly dont see how they could have cut cost with the Scorpio, its already of very poor material quality. Hope Anand knows what he is doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 465158)
Mahindra has launched a cheaper variant of Scorpio badged LX, it has the same 2.6 CDRe engine,power windows,HVAC,power steering and grey interiors.The price quoted in the newspaper advertisement was 6.96lakhs ex showroom delhi.To check out the new variant i Visited the scorpio dealer in gurgaon,the salesman did not know about this variant after showing him the newspaper advertisement he told us that he knew nothing,but the phone number for sterling motors was duly mentioned in the ad.Then called up Bhasin motors the dealer for scorpio in south extension,the salesman tells me to call back after 1hour,after waiting for 2-3 hours i call back again,the salesman is ready to answer my queries now,i ask him "kya features hain LX mein?" he says "sub kuch hai",i get the idea of his knowledge after talking to him for a minute and he knew nothing about the vehicle so i hung up.

lol: lol: Well this tells us about the knowledge of Mahindra. This reason is enough to tell about the failure of Logan.
This happened to me too when i had enquired about Logan from Bhasin in South-Ex.

Just saw a LX standing ouside Koncept in Noida.

black bumpers, doesnt have any cladding or sidesteps. a bad idea...IMO

well i dont think it has anything to do with the aluminium 2.2 engine otherwise all the variants would have seen a price reduction.

Thats too quick an update for just updated Scorpio. I remember it was revamped in 2005(?) end with so called 43 new features including the Lotus suspension system. Is it 2005 end or I got it wrong?

Btw, any one has url for pics of this Scorpio version? Any pointer would be helpful!