Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2004, 16:23   #1
BHPian

The City VTEC will be relaunched in September. Man thats real good news when i was wondering what those guys thought about powerfreaks when they discontinued it! Here is the good news:

"For all performance thirsty individuals, for whom the 77PS i-DSI City did not make much sense, Honda Siel will, in September, launch the City with a Euro IV complaint VTEC powerplant. The variant has just been introduced in Thailand where the engine develops 110PS and 143Nm of torque. However expect the same engine to run a lesser compression ratio to compensate for the quality of fuel available here, and therefore develop somewhere around 106PS. The car would be sold in both manual and CVT avatars."
Old 14th May 2004, 16:29   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Awesome confirmation.

Heres is Team-BHPs Report when the speculation was on.

GTO
Old 14th May 2004, 16:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thats great news . Like GTO said we had already talked bout it before with pictures as well. I hope the new Vtec comes with some fine tuning like better rubber for eg.

Cheers
Old 14th May 2004, 16:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

I am not a big fan of the radical change in the design of the new city....so i'd still prefer the old vtec. However, i don't know much about the handling of the new model....Is it better than the previous vtec? And can the current new model match the old vtec in terms of performance?
Old 14th May 2004, 17:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Deeps @ May 14 2004,15:19)]I am not a big fan of the radical change in the design of the new city....so i'd still prefer the old vtec. *However, i don't know much about the handling of the new model....Is it better than the previous vtec? *And can the current new model match the old vtec in terms of performance?
Well, the new City is more of a value based mid sizer than a perfomance midsizer as the no. of valves in the new city is 3 compared to the previous 4. Hence, the fuel consumption goes down. hope the performance of the new Vtec is not compromised like they did for the new City

As far a the new look goes, i just hope they make it better for the Vtec coz, for me, that the new City is not the greatest of the lookers'..i like the older version better!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks