Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2023, 15:03   #166
BHPian

re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Just had a word with one of the dealers in Honda and they confirmed that the SUV will not arrive before Diwali 2023. Also, currently no pre- booking also expected.

Its a bummer that they are taking 6 more months before this car reaches the users. One more thing confirmed is that Hybrid will be a part of the lineup.
Today, after several months, Honda dealership called me picking my number from their past enquiry list and asked me about the interest for the City. I casually asked about the SUV and they also told the same - that it is not coming before October in any case. And I am pretty much convinced about it because, Honda released one teaser sketch of the upcoming SUV two months back and nothing after it. May be the unveil is sometime in June(Since they said Summer 2023) with showroom display and price reveals planned over multiple phases till Diwali. I can only wish them good luck for such a delayed launch of a car which is in one of the hottest segments in the market.
Old 16th March 2023, 15:30   #167
BHPian

Here in Mumbai, Viva Honda mentioned that the Pre-booking has already started for the upcoming SUV, whereas Arya Honda has ' noted my interest ' and saved my number to inform when they hear about it.
Both had called to sell the new City.
Since my Hyryder Hybrid is yet not allocated after 5 months of booking, I am keen on knowing the launch dates for the Honda Hybrid SUV to take a final call on 'which car?'
P.S. Summer starts after Holi but unsure when it starts for the Japanese .

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-untitled.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 18th March 2023 at 05:18. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 09:46   #168

Recent media releases have such a varying timeline is that only thing that can be said is "Honda will release SUV sometime in 2023".

1. MSN reports release to happen near festive season and cars may roll out as late has FY24! https://www.msn.com/en-in/lifestyle/...uv/ar-AA18CV8f

2. Auto car has report about a little early rollout https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...in-june-427512

While they are keeping their FY23 H1 promise it still seems they are unable to move as quickly as they should. One hopes that factors digging Honda's grave in India are slower than Honda's moves.
PragRunner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 10:15   #169
BHPian

Earlier autocar India reported that the new SUV is based on Amaze platform. But today they are saying that it is the fifth gen city platform. Do city and amaze share same platform?
NICHE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 10:37   #170
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
Earlier autocar India reported that the new SUV is based on Amaze platform. But today they are saying that it is the fifth gen city platform. Do city and amaze share same platform?
Nope, they don't. Autocar has changed their stance. I for one, am really happy if this SUV is going to be based on the City and not the Amaze. With the Amaze platform, I was quite sure of this car being dead on arrival with Amaze inspired cheap interiors(for this segment). We already saw this happening with the BR-V and the Mobilio.

However, if it is going to be based on the City, then the interiors should be at par with the Koreans. Yes, they need a turbo petrol as well, but for now, I am quite happy with this news.
AYP is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 12:20   #171
BHPian

The thing is even the dealerships do have full information. When I saw the spy images of City facelift in last November, my SA from whom I bought a 2022 city said , there are no plans for a facelift and even if one comes it won't be before Diwali season of 2023. But it on the roads 4 months after he said that
CarCraze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 13:17   #172
BHPian

https://https://www.autocarindia.com/car-news/honda-midsize-suv-global-debut-in-india-in-june-427512

Key Summary:
1) June 2023 reveal (not launch I believe)
2) No Hybrids at launch!
3) Priced at a premium! (Remember the Honda premium)
4) Slightly updated good old 1.5 ivtec engine, now with 121 hp
5) Apparently now it’s Current City platform vs Amaze platform that Autocar has been saying consistently since past months

If above report is true , then Honda has completely lost it! (If not already there yet) - No hybrid at launch along with no turbo petrol either! Heck, Koreans, Germans, Chinese have 165hp,150 Hp,140 turbo petrols(respectively) already as well as rest of fuel economy focused rivals either have full hybrids or smaller displacement turbos (1.0 turbo in VW group)
Also, supposedly it’s going to be given Honda premium! Only thing premium about Honda is their pricing now, nothing else !
Even companies like Vw group who generally had an arrogant way of operating business here got their act together in most ways with their vw 2.0 SUVs and equipped them with at par features (mostly) and above competition engines & transmissions but this Honda refuses to change their attitude!
I wonder how long can they operate their business with such long standing missteps. I just hope I along with article is proven wrong by the time SuV launches here (if ever it launches, remember Honda decided to pull plug on HRV even after they had already batch produced them in Rajasthan! All ‘coz of costs and ebrake which proved them costly for operations)
AMG1 is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 15:24   #173

Hope the top end variants of the Honda Suv will include non sunroof automatic as well unlike most of other brands.
Chinni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 16:27   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
More or less, both are similar as per Honda.
The 5th gen City, the 2nd Gen Amaze and the international 2nd Gen WRV are all based on or adapted from the 4th Gen City platform.
It is just that the 5th gen City is built superior than the rest with more usage of advanced high strength steel, 45% instead of 21% in Amaze.

My guess is that it is much like the cars based on Tata X1 platform, where almost everything is changed except the basic floorplan.
Flying Shadow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 16:45   #175
Senior - BHPian

I think Honda as usual will price this at a premium just like they did with hybrid city with the hope that people will at least visit the show room and realise how VFM the petrol Honda city is and end up buying it. Hope they prove me wrong, market definitely needs a worthy competitor to Creta/Seltos. On the flip side , this might end up becoming "city" killer.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 16:51   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinni View Post
Hope the top end variants of the Honda Suv will include non sunroof automatic as well unlike most of other brands.
I hope all the car manufacturers are watching the thread on sun roofs, where the poll shows 70% don't care for a sunroof or don't want one.
SedateGuy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 18:10   #177
RYP
BHPian

Most likely it'll be based on the Indonesian WR-V. Has uncanny resemblance to the teaser image. Looks like they took this exact same image and did photoshop work. Shadows and creases area a dead give away

Name:  12.png
Views: 1818
Size:  425.8 KB

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-11.png

But honestly just bring on the stunning HR-V Honda. Honda PK is doing an amazing job while their Indian counterpart is a two-trick pony. HR-V just looks phenomenal and may easily outsell everything under the sun below 30-35L

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-1.png

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-2.png

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-3.png

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-4.png

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-5.png

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-6.png

Last edited by RYP : 17th March 2023 at 18:11.
RYP is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 23:17   #178

So say we all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYP View Post
But honestly just bring on the stunning HR-V Honda. Honda PK is doing an amazing job while their Indian counterpart is a two-trick pony. HR-V just looks phenomenal and may easily outsell everything under the sun below 30-35L
Most other are bringing CBUs and Honda is shying away based on their past flawed experiments.
PragRunner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 14:05   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
I hope all the car manufacturers are watching the thread on sun roofs, where the poll shows 70% don't care for a sunroof or don't want one.
Polls in forums for enthusiasts are seldom indicative of mass market preferences.

Personally, I'd love to see Honda bring in a panoramic sunroof and take the competition heads on. It is about time they throw everything but the kitchen sink because whether we accept it or not, "features" sell cars.
shibulijack is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 14:24   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibulijack View Post
Polls in forums for enthusiasts are seldom indicative of mass market preferences.

Personally, I'd love to see Honda bring in a panoramic sunroof and take the competition heads on. It is about time they throw everything but the kitchen sink because whether we accept it or not, "features" sell cars.
+1 to that.

If bhpian's family members can somehow vote as well, we will see a very different result. Handling might not feature in top 10.

Majority of families can afford a single car and family priorities have to be taken into consideration.
shashant is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed