Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2023, 21:38   #181
BHPian

re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibulijack View Post
Personally, I'd love to see Honda bring in a panoramic sunroof and take the competition heads on. It is about time they throw everything but the kitchen sink because whether we accept it or not, "features" sell cars.
It is true that at this juncture it will be too risky not to have a panoramic sunroof to take the korean twin and Grand Vitara head on. Some features are cosmetic, some are for creature comfort, some are aesthetic and some are functional. Ideally all are welcome under a single package. Unfortunately it comes at a cost. To keep the cost down in a price sensitive market like India we need variants. True, It will be difficult to judge from an opinion poll in enthusiasts forum of over all demand for panoramic sunroof. Not having one certainly keeps the costs down somewhat. Even if 20-30% buyers of top model are happy without sunroof, where is the harm in giving this extra option? He might not be ready to compromise with other features which are functional, safety and comfort oriented.
d-g-p is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 09:32   #182
BHPian

I really have doubts if it will crack the market. Experts may croon about its engine, drivability and Honda brand. But going by past records they will remain diffident and never aggressive. So Average interiors, underpowered vehicle, high prices and so on, plain DOA. Wonder the Car guys who do such a good job with City ever share their learnings with the SUV guys!! Sad story. This is one brand which should have really done well here.
neerajku is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 13:01   #183
BHPian

This is from the same company which launched ahead of time Civic with futuristic interiors, 1.8L jewel of an engine and chassis, hydraulic steering. Now their commitment towards India is a big question. When the market has moved ahead, they still continue with 1.5 NA. Whether Honda will be relegated to case study similar to Kodak or Ford needs to be seen. It is high time they plonk their 4 cylinder Turbo, else it might be game over.
VRSriram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 13:15   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Upcoming Honda's mid SUV:

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-2023hondasuvindiacretarivalrearledspied1.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-2023hondasuvindiacretarivalrearledspied2696x547.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th March 2023 at 13:16.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 13:20   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
This is from the same company which launched ahead of time Civic with futuristic interiors, 1.8L jewel of an engine and chassis, hydraulic steering. Now their commitment towards India is a big question. When the market has moved ahead, they still continue with 1.5 NA. Whether Honda will be relegated to case study similar to Kodak or Ford needs to be seen. It is high time they plonk their 4 cylinder Turbo, else it might be game over.
That ahead of time move didn't exactly work for them unfortunately. Mostly hasn't worked in India for others too. But i hear you - Indian buyers have matured a lot since the original Civic was launched and manufacturers understand that global models need a bit of reconfiguration for India (read GC atleast). If Honda keeps getting cold feet based on history, it won't get much out of the Indian market.
Old 20th March 2023, 13:57   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
It is high time they plonk their 4 cylinder Turbo, else it might be game over.
I for one hope to not see any 'The dreams of power' memes
Old 20th March 2023, 14:18   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics surface as testing reaches its peak:

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-2.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-capture.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 18:56   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
I hope all the car manufacturers are watching the thread on sun roofs, where the poll shows 70% don't care for a sunroof or don't want one.
When we were planning for the 2nd car, sunroof was the major requirement from my better half. After getting the car I let my kid to head out in traffic free roads in crawling speed to experience it for couple of times, even though I’m against that. Coming back to the point, for the humid climate in Chennai it’s of no use in day time and it’s used only as Moonroof On top of that if it’s not maintained well then with the age there will be problem like squeaking sound while operating or even leakages. My service advisor friend from Honda who worked for more than a decade always suggested to avoid going for Sunroof variant.
Old 20th March 2023, 19:51   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
I hope all the car manufacturers are watching the thread on sun roofs, where the poll shows 70% don't care for a sunroof or don't want one.
If these forum members are buying a car for themselves then sure.

If it's a family car or they have kids or their better half involved sunroof is always discussed and most poeple outside this forum don't care or don't wanna talk about how unsafe/pointless sunroof are/can be.

PS: Irrespective of all the downside for people sitting in the middle row, panaromic sunroof is absolutely fantastic.
vellatechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 07:54   #190
BHPian

The kids' obsession with sunroof is overrated. Parents push them to get on to the sunroof (unsafe which is a separate topic altogether) and take a couple of pictures to put on their Instagram when the car is new and is promptly forgotten till the next vacation to a hill town or beach.

I can get behind a panromic sunroof as it looks really cool especially under those old school roads with green trees on both sides. But I'm not sure how they perform in terms of weather protection i.e. heat intake in terms of Indian plains sub-tropical weather and if the car's AC unit must do extra leg work cooling the car.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 21st March 2023 at 07:57.
Yieldway17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 10:45   #191
BHPian

I am really looking forward to the launch of this car as I am planning to replace my existing car this year. I hope Honda will proactively pass on more information like launch and delivery timelines.
Old 21st March 2023, 12:47   #192
BHPian

Hope they launch this with multiple engine options. They need to bring the Turbo Petrol to India and if possible give an AWD option like Toyota does with RAV4. If they are just going to launch it with the 1.2 NA petrol and 1.5 NA petrol, then it won't garner sales numbers and compete well against the current crop of SUVs, CSUVs and sub 4m SUVs as well.

Honda being Honda, worst case if they do bring in only the current NA petrol engines and hybrids and price these way too high in today's market, there will definitely not be many takers even from Honda fans. If they price it too close to Safari and XUV, then customers will simply won't be interested in this.

Customer has way too many options already in today's market and a high price just for Honda brand will not just cut it in today's market.
Old 21st March 2023, 12:55   #193
BHPian

Some more details/guess:

Quote:
  • It will be a C-Segment product.
  • Price will be in the range of Rs. 12-21 lakh.
  • The midsize SUV will be a petrol-driven vehicle, which will be available in both manual and automatic transmission options in five variants in the initial phase.
  • The SUV will have muscular looks and will be slightly larger in dimensions than the Creta. However, its price will be equal to or could be even less than the Creta.
  • It will be based on its GSP platform and will be leveraging on Honda City’s powertrain and transmission.
  • It will be sold in a petrol version initially followed by a strong hybrid version subsequently.
  • Kunal Behl, Vice President-marketing and sales at Honda Cars India, told that it will be positioned in the premium segment.
For the last one, Mr. Behl wanted to say that pricing will be premium.

Source

Last edited by NH08 : 21st March 2023 at 12:57.
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 13:53   #194
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
Some more details/guess:

It will be based on its GSP platform and will be leveraging on Honda City’s powertrain and transmission.

Source
GSP Platform means the Amaze/Brio platform. Please surprise us Honda and don't do another Mobilio/BR-V.
Old 21st March 2023, 14:39   #195
BHPian

News is that Honda wouldn’t launch HR-V. Sad.

https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/lates...490-2019-09-02
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks