Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2023, 17:23   #346
BHPian

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
The more I see the spy pics posted the more I'm thinking the Elevate is basically the Honda City Hatchback but with extra ground clearance and plastic cladding.
Even the alloy wheels are same.
Old 8th May 2023, 17:54   #347
Senior - BHPian

Brands normally have to spend millions for a good customer base/attention.

Responses in this thread is testimony to the fact that Honda do not need to do that. There are scores of folks just waiting for the right Honda.
Just launch a sane product at the right price, thats all what it takes Honda to taste success.
sarathlal is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 18:21   #348
Senior - BHPian

This does not look like a City Hatchback to me. Before the spy shots I always thought Honda might just put cladding on a City Hatchback, but it looks like they're putting at least a little bit of effort into making it look different if not building something new (the fact that they filed for the trademark in 2021 tells me it might be the latter).

Hopefully this one gets the full safety kit including rear belt reminders and six airbags across the range (like the Creta) rather than only export versions getting them.

Honda should also consider investing in GNCAP testing for the Elevate before its launch instead of waiting until 2030 for GNCAP to pick it up. For many customers in India today, it is a make-or-break factor.

Last edited by ron178 : 8th May 2023 at 18:27.
ron178 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 17:29   #349
BHPian

Please watch this for Honda in India history, it's very informative!
Rohan1511 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 22:43   #350

Honda needs to cover a lot of bases to make this product stand out. But it garnered the required curiosity already. Kind of shows that there's still scope for a well-rounded SUV in this segment. I hope they deliver what's required (a combo of a good and reliable engine, 5-star safe build and good features). I feel they should launch the hybrid power train alongside the petrol.
cruise4control is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 07:23   #351
BHPian

It’s about time that Honda brought something to the market that excites its loyal fans. I think everyone will accept the fact that they have some of the best quality products you can buy in India. They stopped innovating and listening to the market after Amaze - languishing in mediocrity of sales.

A crossover/mini SUV would definitely be a move in the right direction. Presence in this high volume segment will open up a whole host of possibilities for Honda India. Better returns which could fuel bigger investments for more models.

Global companies should stop viewing India as a charity case and start bringing their models to India like the global market we are. We are one-sixth of humanity for crying out loud!
Old 10th May 2023, 08:58   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushan View Post
I think everyone will accept the fact that they have some of the best quality products you can buy in India.
Absolutely no. They do not have the best quality anymore.
- Body panels are among the poorest ( read rust, poor sheet metal, rattling)
- ICE among the worst touch screens ( lack of features, sunlight glare)
- Ride quality isn't the best and too much road noise inside and bounciness.

On mechanical reliability, it is as good as the other Koreans, Japanese are. Indian OEMs are very very close to them. So its not like all other cars breakdown. Yeah, compared to EU cars, they are better.

A NA buyer once moved to Turbo engined car never ever goes back to NA. That shows the market pulse. On the engine side, nothing wrong with 1.5 NA, but in the price segment it sits, the competition has much powerful engines for very little extra as Honda has already priced itself at a high premium among NA competition.

Honda USP - Interior space management, among the best seats, better AC.
dipen is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 12:37   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Absolutely no. They do not have the best quality anymore.
- Body panels are among the poorest ( read rust, poor sheet metal, rattling)
- ICE among the worst touch screens ( lack of features, sunlight glare)
- Ride quality isn't the best and too much road noise inside and bounciness.

On mechanical reliability, it is as good as the other Koreans, Japanese are. Indian OEMs are very very close to them. So its not like all other cars breakdown. Yeah, compared to EU cars, they are better.

A NA buyer once moved to Turbo engined car never ever goes back to NA. That shows the market pulse. On the engine side, nothing wrong with 1.5 NA, but in the price segment it sits, the competition has much powerful engines for very little extra as Honda has already priced itself at a high premium among NA competition.

Honda USP - Interior space management, among the best seats, better AC.
I am waiting for the Elevate release. But the rusting issue seems to be a big thing stretching back many years. I wonder if this is a Honda specific issue or is it a result of environmental factors (water, climate etc..). It seems some other manufacturers are also reporting the rusting issue.

Is Honda's build quality really worse than the Koreans these days?
TribalRoar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 13:14   #354
Senior - BHPian

Honda Elevate unveiling soon teaser.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-smartselect_20230510131246_twitter.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-smartselect_20230510131255_twitter.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-smartselect_20230510131304_twitter.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-smartselect_20230510131314_twitter.jpg

Name:  SmartSelect_20230510131813_Twitter.gif
Views: 677
Size:  3.43 MB

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 10th May 2023 at 13:19.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 13:36   #355
BHPian

I sincerely hope Honda gets it right this time around, seeing the enthusiasm all the members have on this particular thread.

Honda had gained a rockstar status when they had launched the Honda City, which was further enhanced with their cracker of VTEC engines. Honda Accord was a status symbol and offered comfortable ride like no other while Honda Civic and CRV had a fanbase of their own. Somewhere while Honda was basking in its glory, it became complacent and a bit arrogant when it came to understanding the Indian market. They started losing it's market share to companies which it never even considered a competition and has paid quiet heavily for this.

A couple of months back I used a cousin's 3rd gen CRV while I was in Pune. The seats were supremely comfortable (even more than my 6gt) inspite the vehicle being used everyday since past 15 odd years. Ever since that day I had decided that the next SUV whenever I do plan to buy - would be a Honda.

I sincerely hope Honda doesn't miss out their last chance in gaining their popularity once again.
samyakmodi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 13:42   #356
BHPian

I have cancelled my Hybrid Hyryder Booking and given a token to a Honda Dealer in Mumbai for the Elevate. Although I am more interested in a Hybrid which the Elevate won't have on launch, I am happy with the 1.5 L non Turbo engine on the CVT purely for Fuel Economy.
I use a BRV CVT, Honda City CVT and the Elevate will replace the Glanza CVT which is to be passed on to office staff to replace his old Etios. I am a non turbo CVT person and my choices are limited.
If the Pricing is wonky, may choose the City Hybrid but no more Hyryder. I saw the interiors for the first time after booking it 7 months ago and collaborated with the feelings forum members had with regards to the 'plain Jane' feel.
riteshritesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 18:21   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRoar View Post
I am waiting for the Elevate release. But the rusting issue seems to be a big thing stretching back many years. I wonder if this is a Honda specific issue or is it a result of environmental factors (water, climate etc..). It seems some other manufacturers are also reporting the rusting issue.

Is Honda's build quality really worse than the Koreans these days?
I have 2018 city it does not has any sign of rust however my 2014 city used to have rust on bottom of the doors.
Gearup_1111 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 18:48   #358
BHPian

With many hybrid options now becoming available as some kind of replacement to diesel, Honda is missing out on introducing a strong hybrid at launch.

Why not put full effort when it doesnt have many cars and less market share except in the City class ?
Old 10th May 2023, 19:15   #359
BHPian

One of my internal source reveals that Honda Elevate will be launched with only 1.5 i-Vtec . No Plans for Hybrid & Turbo in this Fiscal at minimum. Moreover, it's altogether a new model with first country launch as India and subsequent launch in other markets.
Motorhead23 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 13:11   #360
BHPian

Anyone knows if any dealers in Bangalore have started taking bookings for Elevate? The Honda website was of no use.

On similar note, any decent, reliable Honda dealers towards North or East Bangalore?
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks