Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2023, 21:03   #496

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
What's the differentiating factor between HRV-based vs WRV
I think that's a bit like asking what's the difference between the Amaze and the City.
Does extending the Amaze by a little turn it into a car comparable to the City? Both amazing cars in their own right.
The premium factor does play a big part too, not just psychologically but also visually.

The HR-V looks like a car competing with the likes of the Creta while the WR-V looks like it competes with the Nexon etc.

When Honda is bringing a car into the 12-19lk price range within which you have cars ranging from a Creta, Kushaq all the way to the Scorpio-N and XUV 7OO (just barely within range I believe ), it is underwhelming if they bring in a car based on something which is a segment lower. Mind you I'm saying based visually because I still don't understand the technicalities about the platform (Amaze-Brio-City whatever) and all of this is coming from a pretty massive Honda fanboy.
Nayra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 21:25   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
Wasn't it very clear from the Top View that Honda India shared that it was WRV sold in Indonesia indeed?
I think it is very clear by now that this is indeed an all-new SUV and not a slightly modified existing Honda.

This export to Japan business sounds a little funny to me. My gut says it is there just for testing, like we often spot India/ASEAN-only Kias and Hyundais testing in Korea. If it is true, however, that will provide a greater sense of security about HCIL's future.

With ADAS, LaneWatch and the door-mounted wing mirror as well as in the overall side profile this is looking more and more like it is based on the City's platform. A better test for that will be the interior, because if history is anything to go by, Honda hardly modifies interiors between different platform twins (eg. Brio-Amaze-Mobilio-BR-V or new Amaze-WR-V-BR-V).

I also wonder if ASEAN markets like Thailand will get it at all, if at all they produce it locally. I am not sure if they have all that much room between the Amaze-based xR-Vs and the HR-V.

And, if they do export this to Japan, will they get this tested by JNCAP and skip Global NCAP and/or Bharat NCAP altogether? That would be quite a blunder, IMO. The one thing keeping me believing they might have the Elevate tested locally was that it was supposed to be India-only.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 22:46   #498
BHPian

I'm very confused now as to what is Vezel vs HRV vs Indonesian WRV. Which is the closest version of these cars that we'll be getting? Or it'll be a different product altogether?
Old 29th May 2023, 23:19   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
I'm very confused now as to what is Vezel vs HRV vs Indonesian WRV. Which is the closest version of these cars that we'll be getting? Or it'll be a different product altogether?
There are currently two versions of the HRV.
1. HRV/Vezel for Japan/Chinese market which is sub compact SUV and
2. The US/Europe version of the HRV which is a compact SUV.

Size vice: WRV < HRV/Vezel < HRV/ZRV < CRV, in the below order

WRV
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-wrv.png

HRV/Vezel
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-hrv-vezel.png

US HRV/ZRV
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-us-hrv-zrv.png

CRV
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-new-crv.png

Honda Elevate is said to be an altogether new global model and will not be any of the above. But there will be definitely underpinnings given how Honda shares parts and platforms across models.

Last edited by sarathlal : 29th May 2023 at 23:20.
sarathlal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 07:21   #500
BHPian

The ZR-V / HR-V is based on the Civic platform I think. And the WR-V on the amaze. Hence the Elevate needs to be on the City platform straddling between the two
ellip5i5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 08:27   #501
BHPian

This is going to look more like a bigger hatchback than an SUV. Only in India with the 4m rule in place, hatchbacks are smaller in size. Globally we can see hatchbacks which are 4.2-4.3m in length. The Elevate may end up looking like a big hatchback with the design elements from above pictures/rendering and doesn't look imposing like any SUV would.
Old 30th May 2023, 09:36   #502
BHPian

Going by the profile, I m assuming it looks more like the new CRV than the HRV. That's good news if it indeed looks like a baby CRV. Finally, we could have a worthy competitor to the Creta class SUVs!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-images-55.jpeg  

landmaster18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 10:28   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
This is going to look more like a bigger hatchback than an SUV. The Elevate may end up looking like a big hatchback with the design elements from above pictures/rendering and doesn't look imposing like any SUV would.
Yes, I agree. Looking at the multiple spy pics so far, it looks more like a size of Kushaq/Taigun rather than Creta/Seltos. So the road presence, which Indians love, may be a little smaller.
Old 30th May 2023, 10:33   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
There are currently two versions of the HRV.
1. HRV/Vezel for Japan/Chinese market which is sub compact SUV and
2. The US/Europe version of the HRV which is a compact SUV.
Not quite: the smaller Jazz-based one is not Japan/China exclusive but is also sold in Europe (e:HEV only) where the larger Civic-based US-spec HR-V is sold as the ZR-V. The smaller one is also sold in ASEAN countries where it shares a lot of parts with the City.

This might be useful to save somewhere:
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-img_6342.jpeg
ron178 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 12:38   #505
BHPian

Personally I would be very happy if the Elevate is not like the HRV atleast as far as design goes. I dont like the flattened back glass and the protruding design of the back hatch in the current HRV. I find the both the front and the overall silhouette of the HRV very unappealing.

From the spy shots it seems they are going for a more proportionate design which I think is the right decision. If it is to be modelled on any of the current Honda global cars I hope its designed closer to either the CRV or the BRV. I would not mind if it ended up looking like the WRV either. I think Honda needs to play it it safe on the design front, distribute the features wisely and price it well since this is such a pivotal launch for them.

My initial concern from the little we have seen and know so far is that the Ground clearance of the car may be below par and I think Honda will provide their 'lane watch' cameras instead of the more practical 360 camera for the elevate which would be so disappointing.

But all things said, this is an intriguing launch that I am really looking forward to. Lets hope Honda does not send everyone's hopes crashing to the ground with the actual car itself. Fingers crossed.
Old 31st May 2023, 17:00   #506
Senior - BHPian

Honda Elevate spotted alongside Vezel.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-20230531_165732.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-20230531_165710.jpg

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-20230531_165713.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 08:49   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayra View Post
I think that's a bit like asking what's the difference between the Amaze and the City.
Does extending the Amaze by a little turn it into a car comparable to the City? Both amazing cars in their own right.
The premium factor does play a big part too, not just psychologically but also visually.

The HR-V looks like a car competing with the likes of the Creta while the WR-V looks like it competes with the Nexon etc.
Spot On !

Honda's relentless pursuit of lower quality and cheaper cars have damaged the brand irreparably in my eyes (This from a massive Honda fan with 2 cars and 2 bikes in our garage).

It should have always been the HR-V, which even if it competed in the 25L plus market would have made a better alternative to the many city dwellers who buy the Jeep Compass and offered an upgrade to its legions of City customers.

The cheaper WR-V based SUV should have been launched after this to benefit from the Halo of the higher quality and more expensive car.

Looking at how badly Honda has lost its way in recent years, I fully expect the Elevate to be a gussied up WR-V based on the Amaze platform. it will give Honda decent numbers but reduce it as a brand to Maruti + / Hyundai -

Heck, even Tata has more exciting models Honda's boring yawn inducing range nowadays.
Redline6800 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 09:04   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Elevate (A- segment) to be launched in Japan around spring of 2024.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-screenshot-20230601-090211.png

Main features as confirmed by the dealer.

- More compact than the Vezel (B-segment)
- Only petrol at launch, Hybrid will debut later
- Front wheel drive only
-LED headlights
- 17" alloy wheels
- headlight design will have the design cues of the Vezel
- Tail light design is similar to the WR-V but not LED type
- Engine 1.5L NA or 1.0L turbo ?

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st June 2023 at 09:08.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 10:04   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Main features as confirmed by the dealer.

- Tail light design is similar to the WR-V but not LED type

Link

I think something is lost in translation. When I translated the same it reads as the blinkers (most likely indicators) are non-led which is possible. The tail lights would be most likely Led since the Indian spied variants seem to have them.
cediaowner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 12:07   #510
Senior - BHPian

Honda Elevate unveil on June 6, at 12pm.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-20230601_120608.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (24) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks