Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2023, 15:05   #541
BHPian

Re: Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate

Isn't this earlier teaser from another country the same car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-what-.jpg  

Animesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 15:18   #542
BHPian

Changing my view here. I guess I am not becoming a bit optimist. This silhouette shared by Honda India is boxier than the one shared by Honda Indonesia for their recent WRV launch.
Animesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 15:41   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
I would count 3k /month as failure in a segment where the leader exceeds 10k a month with ease.
Certainly, seeing the volumes from K-Siblings, the volume appears to be a failure, but on the other side if they can achieve this it's a win for honda because their current max installed capacity at Tapukara facility is 200K / Annum with which translates to 15K ~ 16K Per month [ Broad allocation is 60~65% for Domestic & 35~40% Export ] .

Last FY they were back in profits and they will continue to be in with current volumes. And with exports expanding to Mexico via City & further up with Elevate, I personally don't see them exiting India.

Shutting down Greater Noida Plant was always a planned move and axing CR-V as well. Civic was a unplanned discontinuation broadly impacted by COVID-19 and risk mitigation of further investing during pandemic.
Motorhead23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 09:18   #544
BHPian

I for one am not holding my breath.

To me it sappers this is a VW/Skoda Taigun/Kushaq category product. I'm extremely skeptical this will compete with the Creta.

In my opinion, going by Honda's infamous and wonky track record:
- I don't expect competitive pricing
- NVH & cabin insulation will be "light" and on par with the city
- No trump car in the engine department. Typical Honda bulletproof reliability but that's about it.
- ICE: wouldn't be surprised if their 90's Symbian inspired UI stays.
Vandit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 12:34   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post

To me it sappers this is a VW/Skoda Taigun/Kushaq category product. I'm extremely skeptical this will compete with the Creta.
Is the Creta a segment higher?
It seems to be priced on par with the VW/Skoda/Toyota options.

Elevate should be similarly priced as per creta. You'll get hybrid, better safety, etc. as compared to Creta.

Last edited by lamborghini : 4th June 2023 at 12:36.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 12:56   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
You'll get hybrid, better safety, etc. as compared to Creta.
Hybrid is most likely not be included in the initial launch. Honda should have had that option as a differentiator.

As most of us agree that this launch is Honda’s make or break moment in the Indian market and hope they get it right. I’ve pre booked both the Elevate and the Kia Seltos facelift (since expecting either to launch between September to Diwali).

Exciting times ahead!!
cediaowner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 16:18   #547

https://www.v3cars.com/reviews/honda...ice-with-logic

This article tries to reason the probable pricing for the Elevate. Some how it feels believable.
Old 4th June 2023, 20:32   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
Hybrid is most likely not be included in the initial launch. Honda should have had that option as a differentiator.

Exciting times ahead!!
It is sad for them to not launch it at the start. Poor engine / transmission choices at launch have often spelled doom for some models in the market.
However I'm sure Honda will be launching it soon after - probably once they judge the demand.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 08:05   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Prices for the Elevate will be announced around August this year.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-20230605020520_20230309113351_2.jpg

-Styling in line with Honda’s global portfolio of SUVs such as the CR-V and HR-V, it will come with ADAS features and could even get a hybrid powertrain sometime down the line.

- Elevate is expected to measure 4.2-4.3 metres in length which is at par with the segment.

-On the inside, however, expect more similarities with the City. Features could include an 8.0-inch touchscreen and semi-digital instrument cluster from the City, wireless phone connectivity and wireless charging.

-Honda Elevate will share platform, powertrains with City

- The 1.5-litre petrol-hybrid engine from the City is also expected to join the line-up at a later stage,

- Expect prices to start from around Rs 11-12 lakh (ex-showroom). However, with a sole petrol engine on offer, prices are expected to max out at around Rs 17 lakh (ex-showroom) for the top-end petrol automatic variant.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th June 2023 at 08:14.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 11:02   #550
BHPian

Its seems to be shaping up as a pretty exciting launch for the Elevate. The latest side view silhouette teaser seems to reveal a very proportionately shaped vehicle. I am liking it. For most people like me who reside in hilly and largely underdeveloped regions of the country the turbo petrol is nothing more than an interesting option as far as a car goes. This is due to the uncomfortably narrow roads, the congestion and the snails pace traffic that too on steep inclines (Im talking about an overall average of 15-30 kmph). The NA engine is the most sensible choice here so the lack of turbo engine is not an issue for me. I understand the situation is different for most of the country, hence the clamor for the turbo engine. The only concern I have from the spy shots is the Ground Clearance. If it turns out to be anything less than 190mm, that could be a potential deal breaker as far as I am concerned.

I am pretty excited for tomorrow. Lets hope Honda delivers.
TribalRoar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 12:00   #551
Senior - BHPian

Honda Elevate unveil tomorrow at 12pm.

Honda's new SUV for India | EDIT: Named Elevate-20230605_120017.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 12:33   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post

In my opinion, going by Honda's infamous and wonky track record:
- I don't expect competitive pricing
- NVH & cabin insulation will be "light" and on par with the city
- No trump car in the engine department. Typical Honda bulletproof reliability but that's about it.
- ICE: wouldn't be surprised if their 90's Symbian inspired UI stays.
Going by that, I think the pricing should not be too hard to guess, assuming price difference of + 20-30 k over the Sedan version (City), same like how the Kushaq/Taigun are priced over the Slavia/Virtus.

So, it would be rather safe to assume starting price of around 11.9 ex showroom for the base SV variant and around 19 lacs ex showroom for the top of the line ZX CVT.

What I hope though, is that it comes with 6 Airbags as standard across the range.
Old 5th June 2023, 12:45   #553
BHPian

17 Lakhs ex Showroom price would translate to around 21~23 Lakhs on Road in Mumbai. At that price, I would have to reconsider and bring in the GV/Hyryder Hybrid into my purchase decision.
Old 5th June 2023, 12:55   #554
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Going by that, I think the pricing should not be too hard to guess, assuming price difference of + 20-30 k over the Sedan version (City), same like how the Kushaq/Taigun are priced over the Slavia/Virtus.

So, it would be rather safe to assume starting price of around 11.9 ex showroom for the base SV variant and around 19 lacs ex showroom for the top of the line ZX CVT.

What I hope though, is that it comes with 6 Airbags as standard across the range.
The top-of-the-line Honda City ZX CVT costs 16 lakhs ex-showroom, so wouldn't pricing the top-of-the-line Elevate at 19 lakhs ex-showroom be a bit pricey, unless it is accompanied by more features? A realistic take would be around 17 lakhs ex-showroom for the top-of-the-line CVT Elevate considering a similar feature set with the Honda City.
bijims is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 13:32   #555
Senior - BHPian

I think the Elevate will sit more or less around City's pricing give or take ~50,000 rupees variant on variant.

Given that this is designed from the ground up(relatively) as opposed to extending 4th gen City like they did with the 5th gen, I'm guessing it will be + 50k per variant as opposed to - 50k.

What this will do is make potential City buyers look at an option within the showroom if they want better ingress and egress without needing to walk over to rival brands which has been the case atleast for me. If the Elevate was launched in 2020 it would be my first choice over my Creta.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks